wave 12!! ITS OFFICAL!!!

arowdygator

I just thought of something. I wonder if the BAF Darkseid head would look right on the DCSH Darkseid body? That way, if you are someone who may not want the BAF Darkseid because you still like the DCSH one, but may wish to switch the head on the DCSH Darkseid since it is a bit small compared to other figures, you still may want to use the BAF Darkseid head on the DCSH body.

I just thought of something. I wonder if the BAF Darkseid head would look right on the DCSH Darkseid body? That way, if you are someone who may not want the BAF Darkseid because you still like the DCSH one, but may wish to switch the head on the DCSH Darkseid since it is a bit small compared to other figures, you still may want to use the BAF Darkseid head on the DCSH body.

i dont know because i think that darkside will be huge. around grundy size i guess.

It would probably be worth attempting because the head seems to be of a good size and because DArkseid is sometimes be seen with a large head, I do not think it would look odd on a smaller body

They all look very good. Copperhead was my favorite from early on but looking at the pic, he's even better than I initially thought. A great figure in a wave of great figures.

It's too bad. Waves 9 through 12 are the best selections and mixes of characters yet and then we hit a stumbling block with Wave 13, a wave I'm only really excited about a couple among the line-up. Maybe when I see pics of Wave 13 I'll get more excited about them.

is this wave some kind of a test? i mean no batman, superman? weird in a way. well after all those characters i dont know, when do some realy demanded characters coming?

-poison ivy

-scarface

-rahs

-firefly

-black mask

-huntress

-alfred

-killer croc (he would be a good c&c for a batman wave)

-hush

-conduit (come on, after this wave? it is a given@smilepunch@)

i am missing some realy good bat villains here.

isnt copperhead missing a tail?

No. This is the original Copperhead. Copperhead didn't get a tail until his appearance on JLU.

yeah i thought this could be the reason why. i just knew him from the jlu animated series. could be cool if they added it. he looked cool that way and it made sense to it. who knows maybe they do a variant.

Copperhead looks really good, top notch in fact. Spectre also looks great, not as good as DCDs' Kingdom Come Spectre, but two different designs so can't really compare them to each other. The others are kind of meh to me, they look good, its more that I just don't care for the characters.

[

DCD does simply cuz it has the best sclupting...

I'm going to vomit. DCD makes over-priced slightly articulated statues that can't stand up. They're going down in huge flames. Their figures are rotting everywhere. They've become a cancer on poor struggling comic shops. I predict DCD is going to abandon the action figure market very soon. They just can't compete. The History line is a fiasco and they've already admitted they lost their shirt on the New Gods figures. Don't get me started on the auto-grave digging they're doing with Blammoids!! Fairly soon, DCD will be all about over-priced collectibles like those neon signs and those ridiculously priced props. "Hey, Suckers! Here's a batarang you can stick on a book shelf and gawk at. That'll be three hundred dollars!"

Damn you are rough, but at least you did tell the truth...lol

Since DCUC, it seems DCD has become shelf warmers, your right, it won't be long before they are over and done with. Its a shame because I think there is a place for DCD but at those prices, no way. However I predict the same for DCUC, no way are they going to sell like before when they jump to 15.99 a figure standard price, then think about it, its 8 figs in this wave, 8 at 16 bucks.

Could Mattel be setting up the plans to start offering anymore DCUC figures one a month like MOTUC??? If the waves start clogging the shelves at 15 bucks a pop, then perhaps stores will stop selling!!!

As for this wave, still loving the Dr. Midnight!! He looks so awesome!! Perfect even!! And Hootie!! #US1# Don't know much about Copperhead, but he looks sweet anyhow!!

Could Mattel be setting up the plans to start offering anymore DCUC figures one a month like MOTUC??? If the waves start clogging the shelves at 15 bucks a pop, then perhaps stores will stop selling!!!

As for this wave, still loving the Dr. Midnight!! He looks so awesome!! Perfect even!! And Hootie!! #US1# Don't know much about Copperhead, but he looks sweet anyhow!!

I'd have preferred a modern Dr. Mid-nite. That's one of the problems I have with this line. Going for the Silver Age or "classic" look sometimes, and going for the "modern" look others. It's great when they offer the "modern" variants where applicable, but I'd have really liked a modern Black Canary, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Red Tornado (since the modern variant never got produced that I know of) and Dr. Mid-nite. Arguably they could be saving these for future waves, but honestly I have strong fears that the "Curse of DC"* is going to strike this line...probably next year.

*The "Curse of DC" being that they can't keep a unified DC Universe line going for longer than a year or two.

Let's face it...once you get outside Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Robin, these characters start becoming a lot less recognizable to casual buyers. Green Lantern, Flash, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Captain Marvel/Shazam and maybe Hawkman do OK, I'd imagine, but Guardian, Red Tornado, Captain Atom, Mantis, etc...? No kid knows who these people are. Mary Jo Soccermom and little Billy probably aren't going to shell out $15 for Wildcat because they don't give a hoot who Wildcat is. There probably isn't a more nostalgia-driven collector's line on mass retail shelves at the moment, because only folks that remember Superfriends and Super Powers and the like or are regular comic readers are going to know who all these New Gods and B and C-list characters are (Remember when Darkseid had Dr. Klaw's voice and pink skin?).

I'd have preferred a modern Dr. Mid-nite. That's one of the problems I have with this line. Going for the Silver Age or "classic" look sometimes, and going for the "modern" look others. It's great when they offer the "modern" variants where applicable, but I'd have really liked a modern Black Canary, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Red Tornado (since the modern variant never got produced that I know of) and Dr. Mid-nite. Arguably they could be saving these for future waves, but honestly I have strong fears that the "Curse of DC"* is going to strike this line...probably next year.

*The "Curse of DC" being that they can't keep a unified DC Universe line going for longer than a year or two.

Let's face it...once you get outside Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Robin, these characters start becoming a lot less recognizable to casual buyers. Green Lantern, Flash, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Captain Marvel/Shazam and maybe Hawkman do OK, I'd imagine, but Guardian, Red Tornado, Captain Atom, Mantis, etc...? No kid knows who these people are. Mary Jo Soccermom and little Billy probably aren't going to shell out $15 for Wildcat because they don't give a hoot who Wildcat is. There probably isn't a more nostalgia-driven collector's line on mass retail shelves at the moment, because only folks that remember Superfriends and Super Powers and the like or are regular comic readers are going to know who all these New Gods and B and C-list characters are (Remember when Darkseid had Dr. Klaw's voice and pink skin?).

While that may be the case for some, I'd say JLU did a lot to make kids enjoy a larger range of DC characters. Even now, Brave & the Bold is doing the same thing. Captain Atom, Red Tornado, Wildcat, Canary, and many others had multiple appearances on JLU. Hell, JLU is the reason that I know who half these characters are (I used to be a Marvel-only guy), heh.

So ya, some kids/moms may pass over the more obscure characters, but there'll also be those kids who recognize the characters from their cartoon counterparts.

i dont think that dc direct will be done because they do other things of dc then just figures. great statues and busts and all those little goodies. dc direct will go back and do some artist related figures. the one thing i hate about them is they just bring out batmans and supermans. i stopped buying dc direct, because of that. dcuc is simply better and i dont know. mattel pushes the line further and dont just stop by the main guys.

is this wave some kind of a test? i mean no batman, superman? weird in a way. well after all those characters i dont know, when do some realy demanded characters coming?

-poison ivy

-scarface

-rahs

-firefly

-black mask

-huntress

-alfred

-killer croc (he would be a good c&c for a batman wave)

-hush

-conduit (come on, after this wave? it is a given@smilepunch@)

i am missing some realy good bat villains here.

-CLAYFACE III/Preston Payne (MUST HAVE FAV!)

-RIDDLER/Edward Nygma (CLASSIC)

-MAD HATTER

-MISTER FREEZE (Super Powers redux)

-TALIA AL GHUL

-CATWOMAN (Jim Aparo & Jim Balent versions)

-KGBEAST

-BLACK SPIDER (CLASSIC)

-BANE (a new CnC version)

-DOCTOR PHOSPHORUS

-ELECTROCUTIONER

-LOCK-UP

-MAXIE ZEUS

-NOCTURNA

-RAT CATCHER

-THE REAPER

-SIGNAL MAN (A CLASSIC VILLAIN)

-THE SPOOK

-ANARKY (A MUST HAVE)

-CLOCK KING

-THE CALCULATOR (A CLASSIC VILLAIN)

-RED CLAW

-PHANTASM (ANOTHER FAV!)

-SIN TZU (why not?)

-MR. ZSASZ (from THE Arkham Asylum VIDEOGAME)

-JOKER/RED HOOD

and I'm not listing a BBEYOND rogues.

While that may be the case for some, I'd say JLU did a lot to make kids enjoy a larger range of DC characters. Even now, Brave & the Bold is doing the same thing. Captain Atom, Red Tornado, Wildcat, Canary, and many others had multiple appearances on JLU. Hell, JLU is the reason that I know who half these characters are (I used to be a Marvel-only guy), heh.

So ya, some kids/moms may pass over the more obscure characters, but there'll also be those kids who recognize the characters from their cartoon counterparts.

Yup, thats how I got into DC... Watching Batman the animated series back in 1992... and heck even batman from 1989 is what 'turned' me on to batman... I remember the super powers figures and the "superfriends" I watched those growin up. When the DC line of figures first hit (with penguin and Etrigan) I was like wow.. But Didn't really start to even give them a 2nd look till around wave 3 when Harley Came out (I LUV HARLEY!) after that I knew I wanted to collect these and snatched up all of series 3 at retail (I did it one day I drove about 30 miles from Castro Valley out to Wal-nut creek.. 60 miles round trip) I even got them on sale for 8.99! those were the days.. then wave 4 was hitting.. and I got some cases on line.. then Wave 5 came and pretty much sunk my hopes.. so I bought 2 sets of them on ebay for what I thought was high.. (160)... but now thats cheap haha.. I don't see how kids would even want these figures.. If i Was 5-11 I would want the Bold and Beyond batmen as they are constructed much better and look to be more "solid"... if u dropped off the same wildcat from Batman BanB and DcUC wildcat I don't think both would survive.. (there can be only 1!) I hope that this line does end up on matty collector in a "controlled" enviroment so that the needless panic and people cleaning out the stores can stop.. this whole wave 9 crap has me seriously Pee O'd I have also heard they are changing the packaging for the DCUC figures... so if they change it to much that will be it for me collecting "MOC" and I will be a loose only cherry picker.. buying my BAF's on ebay! :D

THE 10 Greatest boys' toy lines EVER are:

1.-TRANSFORMERS (mainly G1) @optimus@

2.-Modern STAR WARS (from the VOTC to date)

3.-G.I.JOE (all Vintage and 25th ann.)

4.-the SUPER POWERS COLLECTION

5.-DC UNIVERSE CLASSICS

6.-MARVEL LEGENDS (all)

7.-MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE (all)

8.-DC DIRECT

9.-Modern MARVEL UNIVERSE (3 3/4")

10.-M.A.S.K.

YOU GUYS LEFT OUT THE THUNDERCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU!

Jeez! i feel i'm so broke with so many good taste. @bond@

WOW! Super Powers at #4???

and DC Direct and Marvel Universe? neither of those belong in the top 50 toylines of all time

Well, they do now on MY LIST buddy.

and by the way I think it is a very accurate List by far, isn't it? #tank#

I think Marvel Legends suffered from this as well!! To be honest, the most recognized X-Men team is definitely from the Jim Lee era, no doubt about it!! Comics were at an all time high, the cartoon was a huge hit, these guys were everywhere!! And yet Toy Biz came out with X-Men from different eras instead of just one!!

For example, Cyke, should have come out without any gimmicks, proper sized, and in the Legends line, not with a "super powered", puny, and in the Classics line!! He got a butt ugly version in the Legends line!! Jean was another example, the orange jump suited Gold Team version should have been made as well as the Dark Phoenix version!! The green outfitted one should have been a variant! She finally got made in the new line, course I don't collect em!! @hmmm@