wave 12!! ITS OFFICAL!!!

arowdygator

Well said Clam!! Greatest the toy lines are still to be found in the 80's!!

GI JOE, sheer number of characters, vehicles, and play sets amount to a line that will never ever be matched, save for the Star Wars line of now!! They're doing a pretty good job still, which is impressive in this day and age!! But GI JOE is still the greatest!! Transformers is number 2, and perhaps you can squeeze in DCUC at # 3, but you'd have the Masters of the Universe diehards giving you an argument!!!

Perhaps the greatest comic book toy line, I may give you that...perhaps!

Well said Clam!! Greatest the toy lines are still to be found in the 80's!!

GI JOE, sheer number of characters, vehicles, and play sets amount to a line that will never ever be matched, save for the Star Wars line of now!! They're doing a pretty good job still, which is impressive in this day and age!! But GI JOE is still the greatest!! Transformers is number 2, and perhaps you can squeeze in DCUC at # 3, but you'd have the Masters of the Universe diehards giving you an argument!!!

Perhaps the greatest comic book toy line, I may give you that...perhaps!

I just caught this in the press release. G.I. Joe: A Real America Hero line=the greatest toy line of all time. Piles of characters, piles of vehicles, piles of playsets. If the modern Star Wars line got some playsets to go with it's massive collection of figures and vehicles it might come close but everyone else is left in the dust. But in the past few years the toy aisle has drastically changed, not for the better.

THE 10 Greatest boys' toy lines EVER are:

1.-TRANSFORMERS (mainly G1) @optimus@

2.-Modern STAR WARS (from the VOTC to date)

3.-G.I.JOE (all Vintage and 25th ann.)

4.-the SUPER POWERS COLLECTION

5.-DC UNIVERSE CLASSICS

6.-MARVEL LEGENDS (all)

7.-MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE (all)

8.-DC DIRECT

9.-Modern MARVEL UNIVERSE (3 3/4")

10.-M.A.S.K.

Jeez! i feel i'm so broke with so many good taste. @bond@

Including this wave, does anyone believe DCUC has surpassed Marvel Legends?

Good God! DCUC left ML in the dust with the very first wave.

Marvel Legends were the most overrated line of broken mannequins ever palmed off on the public. Their BEST sculpts still remained compromised by the obsessive need to over-articulate these figures. You could have a Spider-Man who could scratch his own ass but he still looked like one of those wooden mannequins artists use to draw from. The over-articulation not only impaired the sculpt but it also made for some pretty flimsy figures, many of which came right out of the package broken. Yeah. DCUC has this problem too but at least their sculpts aren't under-mined by a joint at every point of the figure. The ML female figures were ALL hideous! Jesus! Remember that Scarlet Witch figure? UGH! What blind man sculpted THAT?

Marvel Legends were garbage. They were a nice attempt and they could've been a GREAT toy line but they constantly tripped over their own over-articulated feet! There were a couple of nice pieces in ML. The BAF Goliath, the BAF Sentinel, and the first Absorbing Man were all nice. Everything else was ugly, flimsy or both.

DCUC ...even with its problems... has become the GREATEST toy line of all time!

this post is a joke right?

Marvel Legends were awesome.

and DCUC the greatest ever? not even close. Nothing can touch GiJoe from the 80's

I tried with Marvel Legends. I REALLY, REALLY tried.

I'll grant you as far as Marvel characters go, ML are probably the best figures of those characters around and they do surpass the over-priced statues Marvel Select puts out. Taken on it's own though, Marvel Legends was a disappointing line of floppy broken emaciated-looking marionettes.

I remember when the initial wave of four figures were first announced. I was VERY excited for this line. My very first two Marvel Legends were Iron Man and the variant golden Iron Man, my favorite armor design. I immediately opened the variant figure and was horrified to find how flimsy this thing was. I opened the regular Iron Man and it too flopped around like marionette with cut strings. It was horrible. The very design of the figure invited this flimsiness! It's waist was held together by a string! A STRING! A friend of mine said, "Oh, you have to wrap dental floss around the waist and it'll tighten right up." I said, "What?! I have to buy this broken figure and then FIX it?!?" Captain America was the same way. Even worse, Cap was a hunchback!

Wave 2 came along and we got a Thor and a Magneto who were so flimsy they couldn't support the weight of their own capes. Thor couldn't even hold his hammer! By then, I was out. The sculpts were scrawny and ugly and I was tired of deliberately and knowingly buying broken figures. Periodically, I'd check back in with Marvel Legends. I bought Beast, Cyclops, and a few others. None of the later ML's were as fragile and weak as those first waves but the scrawniness and the looseness was still there. I was done.

To be absolutely honest, the best toy representation of the Marvel Universe is Marvel Minimates!

i am a spidey fan and he will always be on top for me and so goes his action figures. i dont wanna compare here because i just enjoy both so much. dc and marvel have been great with figs those last years. dc is running the show now and marvel well sadly had its time with the legends. i dont think that hasbro can turn the wheel. i mean it is 4 years they are trying. the sculpt looks better on the dc figures. they just look cool and are realy solid. looking at some legends back in the days and now, some are rather soft. i realy wish that all this dc versus marvel would stop. i mean both are great. now why dont they do team-ups again. i think that the batman/spiderman crossover were fantastic with joker and carnage. i wanna see more of this crossovers then always who is better bla bla. just imagine

superman teaming up with capt america?

green lantern and ironman?

daredevil and batman?

spiderman and flash?

there could be realy more to it then all this versus crap.

daredevil and batman?

spiderman and flash?

Well, there have been Batman/Daredevil stories from each publisher.

http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=43092

http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=27425

Never read the Marvel one, but King of New York is a decent enough story. Nothing fabulous.

Not sure if anything has ever been done on the other pairings you suggested.

daredevil and batman?

spiderman and flash?

Well, there have been Batman/Daredevil stories from each publisher.

http://www.comicbook...ue.php?ID=43092

http://www.comicbook...ue.php?ID=27425

Never read the Marvel one, but King of New York is a decent enough story. Nothing fabulous.

Not sure if anything has ever been done on the other pairings you suggested.

i didnt even knew that. i must try to get these. you see this is what i wanna see. both sides teaming up. thats great and way more original then to see who is better.

Marvel Legends were the most overrated line of broken mannequins ever palmed off on the public. Their BEST sculpts still remained compromised by the obsessive need to over-articulate these figures. You could have a Spider-Man who could scratch his own ass but he still looked like one of those wooden mannequins artists use to draw from. The over-articulation not only impaired the sculpt but it also made for some pretty flimsy figures, many of which came right out of the package broken. Yeah. DCUC has this problem too but at least their sculpts aren't under-mined by a joint at every point of the figure. The ML female figures were ALL hideous! Jesus! Remember that Scarlet Witch figure? UGH! What blind man sculpted THAT?

Marvel Legends were garbage. They were a nice attempt and they could've been a GREAT toy line but they constantly tripped over their own over-articulated feet! There were a couple of nice pieces in ML. The BAF Goliath, the BAF Sentinel, and the first Absorbing Man were all nice. Everything else was ugly, flimsy or both.

and DCUC the greatest ever? not even close. Nothing can touch GiJoe from the 80's

I tried with Marvel Legends. I REALLY, REALLY tried.

I'll grant you as far as Marvel characters go, ML are probably the best figures of those characters around and they do surpass the over-priced statues Marvel Select puts out. Taken on it's own though, Marvel Legends was a disappointing line of floppy broken emaciated-looking marionettes.

I remember when the initial wave of four figures were first announced. I was VERY excited for this line. My very first two Marvel Legends were Iron Man and the variant golden Iron Man, my favorite armor design. I immediately opened the variant figure and was horrified to find how flimsy this thing was. I opened the regular Iron Man and it too flopped around like marionette with cut strings. It was horrible. The very design of the figure invited this flimsiness! It's waist was held together by a string! A STRING! A friend of mine said, "Oh, you have to wrap dental floss around the waist and it'll tighten right up." I said, "What?! I have to buy this broken figure and then FIX it?!?" Captain America was the same way. Even worse, Cap was a hunchback!

Wave 2 came along and we got a Thor and a Magneto who were so flimsy they couldn't support the weight of their own capes. Thor couldn't even hold his hammer! By then, I was out. The sculpts were scrawny and ugly and I was tired of deliberately and knowingly buying broken figures. Periodically, I'd check back in with Marvel Legends. I bought Beast, Cyclops, and a few others. None of the later ML's were as fragile and weak as those first waves but the scrawniness and the looseness was still there. I was done.

To be absolutely honest, the best toy representation of the Marvel Universe is Marvel Minimates!

MMMMM, not quite.

This was CAPTAIN AMERICA from MLS1 (2001)

post-7426-12526354552482_thumb.jpg

and This was CAPTAIN AMERICA from MLFaceOff S1 (2005)

post-7426-12526347465947_thumb.jpg

And This is CAPTAIN AMERICA from.....

post-7426-12526348516927_thumb.jpg

MASTER CUSTOMIZER Mr. JIN SAOTOME! and he used a.... DCUC BODY Sculpt!!!!

the question here is...WHICH ONE LOOKS THE BEST? @firedevil@

Now If only HASBRO could do MARVEL LEGENDS from SQUARE ONE with this AMAZING STYLE, and MATTEL could make DCINFINITE HEROES just as better as the MARVEL UNIVERSE, then we could all have a decent...DC vs. MARVEL battles!!!!!

post-7426-12526353043824_thumb.jpg

post-7426-12526353723913_thumb.jpg

DCUC is an AWESOME line, but for me I'd say no, not Toybiz's Marvel Legends. Mattel sometimes does the cheap thing and use the standard buff body on characters that shouldn't be buff which hurts the line in my eyes. Then there is the fact that too often they're happy to just paint on costumes instead of sculpting details.

All that being said I really like DCUC a whole lot more than Hasbro's Marvel Legends....and maybe's Toybiz's last wave or two.

Marvel Legends still OWNS dcuc.

Nothing 'Marvel' related owns DC, let alone their toyline.

Preach on my brotha!!

I feel DCUC has a few too many joints, but the excess of ML joints ruined the aestetics of the figure. Every one looked like an android or Molecular from Silverhawks.

But lots of people want DCUC. Vintage joe sales have plummeted. I still buy RAH playsets and vehicles, but the RAH figures cant match the modern ones.

5.-DC UNIVERSE CLASSICS

6.-MARVEL LEGENDS (all)

8.-DC DIRECT

10.-M.A.S.K.

Why is Super Powers higher than DCUC? DCUC has a more expansive roster and is re-doing most of the Super Powers chacters. MASK is still better than Marvel Legends, Masters, and Marvel Universe.

Wave 12 looks awesome. Iron is amazing. Spectre and Eclipso in the same wave, very cool. Darkseid doesn't really look that different from the first one, aside from the big head, which does look better as mentioned. I hope he has interchangeable hands and he's not too tall. Desaad looks nice, hope Granny is next!

5.-DC UNIVERSE CLASSICS

6.-MARVEL LEGENDS (all)

8.-DC DIRECT ????????????????

10.-M.A.S.K.

Ha ha, funny how you separate the Transformers from their various incarnations, but bunch up the rest!!

My list goes as so,

#10 Super Powers/Toy Biz Marvel Superheroes

#9 Star Trek (Playmates)

#8 Exo-Squad

#8 MASK

#7 Marvel Legends

#6 DC Universe Classics

#5 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (90's)

#4 Masters of the Universe

#3 Star Wars (Modern)

#2 Transformers

#1 GI JOE A Real American Hero.

Honorable Mention goes to the Kenner Star Wars collection and of course Bernie Loomis! Had it not been for them, then the 3 & 3/4 standard would might not have caught on, and thus the possibility of all those ships and figures from that and subsequent lines would never have materialized!!

Toybiz's 90's Marvel figures were pretty cool too.. I think minimates have taken over as the best representation of Marvel characters though, because there are so many of them. It would probobly be the case with DC as well if they didnt cancel their minimate line. Jackasses. I think if we were talking about the best made line of modern superarticulated figures though, it would be SOTA's Street Fighter figures. I would kill to have them make Marvel figures. Kill.

The DEFINITIVE List is...

1) DC Universe Classics

2) Marvel Minimates

3) Kenner Star Wars

4) GI Joe: A Real American Hero

5)GI Joe: 25th Anniversary

6) Justice League Unlimited

7) Playmates Star Trek line

8) Art Asylum Star Trek line

9) Masters of the Universe 2000 line

10) Star Trek Minimates

Please, I understand this is a DC forum but there's no way in God's green earth that DCUC Classics surpasses MLs. Marvel Legends at least the Toybiz ones had great articulation, great paint apps and they came with a comic book, they also had the BAF which is the best pack in concept in the history of action figures. With DCUC you get 90% of the figures with the same body even though they don't call for it check out the steroid using beefed up Zan from the wonder twins 2 pack(this guy has been hitting the gym since I last saw him in the cartoon). The paints on the figures makes them look cartoony and kind of cheap and also what's with the New Gods having a figure in almost every wave and don't get me started on the quality control. DCUC works for what it is: a decent representation of DC characters that's available to everyone although personally I prefer DC Direct. MLs are and will always be the authority when it comes to 6" action figures DCUCs can't hold a candle to them.

P.S. Even though Hasbro's MLs aren't as great as toybiz's they're still better than DCUCs.

5.-DC UNIVERSE CLASSICS

6.-MARVEL LEGENDS (all)

8.-DC DIRECT

10.-M.A.S.K.

Why is Super Powers higher than DCUC? DCUC has a more expansive roster and is re-doing most of the Super Powers chacters. MASK is still better than Marvel Legends, Masters, and Marvel Universe.

Well, because it was the FIRST decent collection of DC SUPERHEROES ever made. Besides they have something that DCUC lack in a very BIG WAY.

The BATMOBILE, The SUPERMOBILE, The BATCOPTER, The LEX SOAR-7 vehicles; The TOWER OF DARKNESS & The HALL OF JUSTICE playsets.

and a lot more prototypes that never saw the day of light, just to say a few.

as for M.A.S.K. being better than ML, MU or MOTU...well, maybe or maybe not. Anyway MASK is in my TOP 10.

5.-DC UNIVERSE CLASSICS

6.-MARVEL LEGENDS (all)

8.-DC DIRECT

10.-M.A.S.K.

Ha ha, funny how you separate the Transformers from their various incarnations, but bunch up the rest!!

My list goes as so,

#10 Super Powers/Toy Biz Marvel Superheroes

#9 Star Trek (Playmates)

#8 Exo-Squad

#8 MASK

#7 Marvel Legends

#6 DC Universe Classics

#5 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (90's)

#4 Masters of the Universe

#3 Star Wars (Modern)

#2 Transformers

#1 GI JOE A Real American Hero.

Honorable Mention goes to the Kenner Star Wars collection and of course Bernie Loomis! Had it not been for them, then the 3 & 3/4 standard would might not have caught on, and thus the possibility of all those ships and figures from that and subsequent lines would never have materialized!!

Sorry LADY, but NO Turtles, EXOSQUAD or TREKKIES on my list. thay are too odd for my taste.

Please, I understand this is a DC forum but there's no way in God's green earth that DCUC Classics surpasses MLs. Marvel Legends at least the Toybiz ones had great articulation, great paint apps and they came with a comic book, they also had the BAF which is the best pack in concept in the history of action figures. With DCUC you get 90% of the figures with the same body even though they don't call for it check out the steroid using beefed up Zan from the wonder twins 2 pack(this guy has been hitting the gym since I last saw him in the cartoon). The paints on the figures makes them look cartoony and kind of cheap and also what's with the New Gods having a figure in almost every wave and don't get me started on the quality control. DCUC works for what it is: a decent representation of DC characters that's available to everyone although personally I prefer DC Direct. MLs are and will always be the authority when it comes to 6" action figures DCUCs can't hold a candle to them.

P.S. Even though Hasbro's MLs aren't as great as toybiz's they're still better than DCUCs.

With several ML sculpts featuring MONKEY ARMS, PIN HEADS, and HUNCHBACKS?

well maybe they could be better than what the 4H Studios developed for the standard body for any toy. but 9 YEARS AGO!

Seriously, you still consider those sculpts are better than today's?

I'm not a fan of the FEMALE bodysculpt for the DCUC, IMO the best female sculpt (as far as i've seen) is the NEW ML SHARON CARTER/MARIA HILL. BUT the best MALE bodysculpt is DEFINITELY DCUC's.

Besides, for DCUC's wave 12 the 4H are developing better and new sculpts (MARY MARVEL, DESAAD, DARKSEID, IRON) so what does the future holds? only they do know for sure.

How many NEW GODS are left?

KANTO, GRANNY GOODNESS, VIRMAN VUNDABAR, LASHINA, STOMPA, MAD HARRIET, DR. BEDLAM, HIGHFATHER, BLACK RACER, METRON, AMAZING GRACE, MISTER MIRACLE (Shilo Norman), FASTBAK, INFINITY-MAN, TAKION, OBERON, BERNADETH, GILOTINA, YUGA KHAN, and the FOREVER PEOPLE.

are they worth a DCUC figure?

5.-DC UNIVERSE CLASSICS

6.-MARVEL LEGENDS (all)

8.-DC DIRECT

10.-M.A.S.K.

Well, because it was the FIRST decent collection of DC SUPERHEROES ever made. Besides they have something that DCUC lack in a very BIG WAY.

The BATMOBILE, The SUPERMOBILE, The BATCOPTER, The LEX SOAR-7 vehicles; The TOWER OF DARKNESS & The HALL OF JUSTICE playsets.

as for M.A.S.K. being better than ML, MU or MOTU...well, maybe or maybe not. Anyway MASK is in my TOP 10.

THE BATMOBIL ?????????????????????? WHERE IS IT ??????????????????????????? MATTEL ANSWER PLEASE. i am crying here. realy. believe me. i tell you. i do.

5.-DC UNIVERSE CLASSICS

6.-MARVEL LEGENDS (all)

8.-DC DIRECT

10.-M.A.S.K.

The only reason Super Powers got vehicles, was because it was in a smaller scale. I would want a Batmobile and Supermobile in DCUC though.

Another suggestion would be a modular playset. Maybe in place of the C&C for a change. Build an alley or something.

That was the only thing Marvel Legends was good for scenery. (lamp posts, dumpsters, trashcans, etc...)

I feel the only room for improvement for MASK would have been if they were the same size and articulation as GI Joe. I for one would have bought them to use with joes.

KANTO, GRANNY GOODNESS, VIRMAN VUNDABAR, LASHINA, STOMPA, MAD HARRIET, DR. BEDLAM, HIGHFATHER, BLACK RACER, METRON, AMAZING GRACE, MISTER MIRACLE (Shilo Norman), FASTBAK, INFINITY-MAN, TAKION, OBERON, BERNADETH, GILOTINA, YUGA KHAN, and the FOREVER PEOPLE.

I'd buy a Lashina for myself.

dcuc will always be # 2 to toybiz ml...in current toy linesnow that hasbro has the license its a bit more equal. to me the whole one body type for every character is not the greatest thing to me.

Basically, no one of importance. With the exception of Highfather and Metron, really, and that's more of a balance thing than popularity. Don't get me wrong, I love the New Gods, but what they've been putting out is the characters that have made it to the cartoons. Specifically, the Super Powers show. If the line maintains it's popularity, I could see the rest of your choices become reality, but I figure you've got better luck at seeing DC Direct make them before Mattel at this point.

Basically, no one of importance. With the exception of Highfather and Metron, really, and that's more of a balance thing than popularity. Don't get me wrong, I love the New Gods, but what they've been putting out is the characters that have made it to the cartoons. Specifically, the Super Powers show. If the line maintains it's popularity, I could see the rest of your choices become reality, but I figure you've got better luck at seeing DC Direct make them before Mattel at this point.

You know, If the statement MATTEL did about wave 12 is true, about this was the last wave with NEW GODS, then maybe we could encourage them to offer MATTY 2-packs which could include them.

Anyway, i still would like to see DEFINETLY at retail METRON w/his MOEBIUS chair, MISTER MIRACLE/Shilo Norman, FC DARKSEID, OBERON (Yes Oberon), YUGA KHAN and some FURIES (LASHINA or MAD HARRIET).

PS. MATTEL MAKE A BETTER SA SINESTRO!!!!!!!