Am I the only one who's excited...

MrImpossible

So yeah, the $20 price tag is horrible. But still, there are some completists out there (moi). So, let's keep track here.

Who do you want, if anybody? What order do you think they'll be released? It's 2 days into September now, and no word on who will be up first? Yet they have MOTU up to November? Let's see some news, Mattel!

For once I don't think it was about greed, at least not this time around!! Just look around your stores!! The ones that don't clearance like Target probably still have Movie Masters lying around the pegs!! And when did this movie come out??? If you wanted those figures that should have been released, this is the only way!!! Stores weren't going to order more to sit on their shelves taking up space!

Now if Hasbro were to do this, Indy fans would get the much wanted Temple of Doom wave and that last Raiders wave that was never made!!!

For once I don't think it was about greed, at least not this time around!! Just look around your stores!! The ones that don't clearance like Target probably still have Movie Masters lying around the pegs!! And when did this movie come out??? If you wanted those figures that should have been released, this is the only way!!! Stores weren't going to order more to sit on their shelves taking up space!

Now if Hasbro were to do this, Indy fans would get the much wanted Temple of Doom wave and that last Raiders wave that was never made!!!

I was excited for two face in march which was there original plan but they saw the matty sucess so they thought HEY A HIGH GROSSING FANBOY MOVIE! I mean hasbro has never messed with fans like that! And it is cause they decided indy shouldnt be milked like a certain toy line

Mattel kills everything it touches somehow. I am just beginning to hate them. Before long everything is going to be available only on mattycollector! It's all going to be sellouts and hard to order crap. I am a huge collector of Batman merchandise... Always have been, but if these are as much trouble as the Masters figures have been, Mattel can just keep them. I hate to see good lines end because of the stupidity of the companies putting them out there. As far as Dark Knight figures go, I just get the Hot Toys figures. By the prices on some of the Maters figures, if these Dark Knight Movie Masters figures sell out like them, collectors will be giving $70 and $80 bucks on eBay for them anyway. Just add another $20 and get the Hot Toys stuff... Which is a thousand percent better anyway! After all of the crap that Mattel has put collectors through, I just don't care anymore. What's next for Mattel to murder?... They do have the WWE license now... How long before they piss off the wrestling community?!

Mattel kills everything it touches somehow. I am just beginning to hate them. Before long everything is going to be available only on mattycollector! It's all going to be sellouts and hard to order crap. I am a huge collector of Batman merchandise... Always have been, but if these are as much trouble as the Masters figures have been, Mattel can just keep them. I hate to see good lines end because of the stupidity of the companies putting them out there. As far as Dark Knight figures go, I just get the Hot Toys figures. By the prices on some of the Maters figures, if these Dark Knight Movie Masters figures sell out like them, collectors will be giving $70 and $80 bucks on eBay for them anyway. Just add another $20 and get the Hot Toys stuff... Which is a thousand percent better anyway! After all of the crap that Mattel has put collectors through, I just don't care anymore. What's next for Mattel to murder?... They do have the WWE license now... How long before they piss off the wrestling community?!

Amen and welcome to the boards!

Yes, it would've been much better to have these last year, for $11.47 each at your local Wal-Mart.

Yes, it would've made tons more sense to give Two-Face instead of a Gotham City Thug, or the suited Scarecrow, instead of the straight jacket one that was featured for all of a minute.

But it didn't happen. :( May as well move forward....

I was excited until I saw the price tag. There is no way in the world these are worth $30 bucks(include shipping). They aren't nearly as detailed and sturdy as the MOTUC which barely justifies that price tag and if I don't believe DCUC is worth 15 dollars neither does the MM.

Heck most of them are repaints or switching out of pre-existing parts. The only two that I'm the least bit tempted to get is the Jail Cell Joker which is an all new sculpt and Two Face. They should have started out with these rather than Scarecrow or Sonar eyes. I honestly think the sales won't be good.

I´m excited as well, but $20 for a single figure, is something I must think twice, cause I´d like to get the yellow lantern pack, $40 plus shipping to mexico, plus 100% of local taxes...lota money

I was excited until I saw the price tag. There is no way in the world these are worth $30 bucks(include shipping). They aren't nearly as detailed and sturdy as the MOTUC which barely justifies that price tag and if I don't believe DCUC is worth 15 dollars neither does the MM.

Heck most of them are repaints or switching out of pre-existing parts. The only two that I'm the least bit tempted to get is the Jail Cell Joker which is an all new sculpt and Two Face. They should have started out with these rather than Scarecrow or Sonar eyes. I honestly think the sales won't be good.

So, Matty will start with sonar and scarecrow!?!?! GREAT!!! It gives me time to save up for the ones I really want

The only one I will consider is Two Face. The rest I will pass on. And if you think Mattel killed this line, think again! LJ is right. It was the stores who over bought the damn things! When they first came out they were sparse. Then retailers demanded more!! They bought way to many and boom here we are now.

Draven

I agree that stores going overboard ordering the first waves of these figures, then having them warm pegs, is one of the causes of this line going "online exclusive", but why can't Mattel sell the figures at the same cost the stores did. I have worked in retail management for many... MANY years, and I know what mark-up is on merchandise. I have seen items that cost only 62 cents to produce sold for over $10 in collectible stores for figurines and such... So, why doesn't mattel sell the figures for what they were charging in the stores?! Hell, Wal-mart, Toys R Us, Target, etc aren't adding their cut in... looks like Mattel could sell these figures even cheaper and still make more money from the things.

Look at it this way... If Mattel produces the figures at (being generous) $1.00 each, then sells the figures to Wal-mart or any other retailer for (again, being generous) $3.00 each, then they sell them for $12, Mattel makes the same. They could sell them for the same price Wal-mart sells them for and make one heckuva killing. They're making WAY more and not having to add anyone else's cut. But NO, they are going to sell them for $20 on their site (which they run... no shipping to store costs, no overhead at all for Mattel) and are sticking it to the collectors by making them... so-called... exclusives.

What's going to happen next? Is every company goibng to do this? It would make sense for them. They'd be making SOOOO much more money that way. Charging $20 and then shipping? Slick move for Mattel... sales wise. In this horrible economy, why should it matter if the average collector can't afford to buy all these $20 figures that cost $1.00 to produce. I just think it's insane.

I also agree that I shouldn't complain about the price. I can either take it or leave it. I won't be buying them. I have every figure that has come out so far. I would love to finish and complete my collection. I would love to see this line continue, but I will not be pulled into the overpriced, hard to order, sold out in 2 hours hell that Mattel has already pulled the Masters of the Universe collectors into.

Is there ANYONE who does not realize by now that this is all a scam??? Seriously.

So Mattel's justification for putting them online is because retailers over ordered last year in response to high demand and now SOME places are left with a few peg warmers? So this is some kind of effort to save us from peg warmers? Am I reading this right?

BS!

Mattel saw with MOTU that they can charge ANY PRICE and they'll still sell out. They saw a Batman wave that fans have been waiting a long time for, with a lot of anticipation, and put two and two together. That sipmle.

Ya know, they can put the rest of the DCUC waves online for all I care. I know full well of the cool figures that are supposedly out right now with waves 9 and 10. I've seen pics of the cool figures from waves yet to come out. I'm gonna take a pass on anything Mattel from here on out. My DK Batman and Joker are a couple of my favorite 6'' superhero figures but I'm not going to bend over and grab my ankles for a plastic representation of a character from a movie I like.

If you keep your eyes pealed you can find good deals on DC Direct figures online. That's where I'll be from here on. Heck, I've been looking for a Bart Allen Kid Flash for years and finally got him yesterday for $8! Paying a fair price for a great toy feels good. So long, Mattel.

Is there ANYONE who does not realize by now that this is all a scam??? Seriously.

So Mattel's justification for putting them online is because retailers over ordered last year in response to high demand and now SOME places are left with a few peg warmers? So this is some kind of effort to save us from peg warmers? Am I reading this right?

BS!

Mattel saw with MOTU that they can charge ANY PRICE and they'll still sell out. They saw a Batman wave that fans have been waiting a long time for, with a lot of anticipation, and put two and two together. That sipmle.

Ya know, they can put the rest of the DCUC waves online for all I care. I know full well of the cool figures that are supposedly out right now with waves 9 and 10. I've seen pics of the cool figures from waves yet to come out. I'm gonna take a pass on anything Mattel from here on out. My DK Batman and Joker are a couple of my favorite 6'' superhero figures but I'm not going to bend over and grab my ankles for a plastic representation of a character from a movie I like.

If you keep your eyes pealed you can find good deals on DC Direct figures online. That's where I'll be from here on. Heck, I've been looking for a Bart Allen Kid Flash for years and finally got him yesterday for $8! Paying a fair price for a great toy feels good. So long, Mattel.

BINGO RIGHT ON THE MONEY!

Even their mascot for Matty.com looks like a punk who's ready to rip you off. It's very appropriate, actually.

That and if the burger king and shia labuff did it while snorting sugar while they get hit in the stomach by bobs big boy

I think its crap really they knew they were going to do this long before they did it. thats why they waited so long to even give us this wave. They should have released it when the movie was big and still popular. But they saw how well the figures sold and then from that point Knew they wanted to jack up the price and sell them on matty.com.

And figure in shipping with is 8 something so almost 30 per figure when all is said and done per month times the figures which theres 7 so your looking at 2hundred and 21 or 25 bucks for 7 figures come on now in what universe is that right?

everyone has a point in this.

-shops dont order them when there are still some left. thats the way it is

-mattel still wants to sell them but it is a little late

-they wanna sell them online and make a profit? why not? it is a buisness after all

-the price is simple. see it as shipings. the more you order, the less you have to pay. the same thing happens when mattel produces some figs. mattel will not sell the amount of figures as they could have selled when the movie came out. so the prices go up. because mattel orders less

-do you guys want that hasbro runs the show?

-no site that delivers worldwide

-no 6 insh figs. yes every year or so

-all repaints and no new sculpts. they even repaint the older heads now

-peaple wanted the last indy wave and the indiana jones collection could have had a nice ending but no. last wave canned

-make them exclusive to a site? no way.

mattel does the best they can and i am very happy that they at least bring them out. keep this in your minds forever and say it everytime mattel doesnt seem to care "what would hasbro do?" repeat this and life will be more joyfull with toys.

-shops dont order them when there are still some left. thats the way it is

-they wanna sell them online and make a profit? why not? it is a buisness after all

-

-Target has none. Walmart has none. TRU has a few Batmans. Every toy line from every company has its pegwarmers. Doesn't keep the next wave from coming out.

-There's making a profit then there's gouging the customer.

Mattel's gonna do what they're gonna do but you can't pretend there's any justification for it.

Sorry if this makes anyone mad, I understand why companies do what they do... the all mighty dollar... but it has to be said... MATTEL SUCKS! Unless you collect Barbie or Hotwheels, I DO NOT see how anyone could be impressed or satisfied by what Mattel does. Sorry... Just my opinion... and like the old saying goes, "An opinion is like a fart... Everyone's stinks but your own."

And to the person that made a comment on here about Hasbro, I am no Hasbro fan, but until they make EVERY new wave of figures... or EVERY new line that comes out, a site exclusive... Or until you have to pay $20 (close to $30 with shipping) for that new Speeder Bike Luke Skywalker figure, don't compare Hasbro to Mattel! As far as I can tell, I have found EVERY Star Wars figure, EVERY G.I. Joe figure, EVERY Marvel Universe figure that has come out without having to spend hours and hours trying to order it off of a website that sold out of it two days before it even went on sale. Also, if I was looking for a Star Wars comic book 2-pack, I have been able to buy that 2-pack without one of the figures being missing, and I didn't have to stand in line for 3 hours to get it. Compare Hasbro to Mattel to those folks that stood in line for hours to get their Wonder Twins set at Comic-con that was "supposed" to include the exclusive Gleek... THAT WASN'T INCLUDED in most of the sets. Then given away to a forum's members at some website. Completely ridiculous! I don't know about anyone else, but every time I have bought any figures that have appeared in Star Wars (for example... I am not really a Star Wars collector anymore, just using it to prove my point) movies or comics, they have come with everything that they should have come with... Unlike the Wonder Twins that had NO Gleek at Comic-con, and were never supposed to come with Gleek from Mattel's site. Mattel DOES NOT CARE about collectors... They are just out to make MORE MONEY! Who wants to bet that Gleek will be sold on their site at some point... for $20!!! Plus shipping of course.

Again, I wish to apologize for anything I said that makes anyone at all here angry. I just had to speak my mind. Mattel will NEVER get another dollar from me. If noone else shares my opinion, that's fine. I still love ya... I just have to say what's on my mind. If I don't, I'll get an ulcer. Thanks again for letting me be me. I LOVE IT HERE!!!!! This is by far the best forums I have ever been a member of. Viva La TNI!!!!