Is it time for round 4 Q&A?

Kyver

Didn't see a link for it. (please merge this is there is one)

My questions are:

1. Was Rise of Cobra as big a success as you would have hoped?

2. Are all Duke's from here on out (save the 12 in Sideshow Duke) designed to look like Channing Tatum?

3. Why no product in the 25th line revealed at JoeCon? There's only about 10-14 figures people want and this can easily be done with 2 more 7 packs. If no more classics, and since we never got them, are there are any chances of seeing Dial Tone, Airtight, Jinx, Lowlight and Techno Viper with updated looks in the new line?

4. Why is Bazooka always the butt end of jokes or tossed away like he's not wanted or appreciated? Think about it: in the Sunbow cartoon he was a bumbling idiot. In the comics he was unfit and unable to join the ranks of G I Joe. I think his first line was something along the lines of "Is there a physical evaluation involved?" And in Resolute he was killed.

Well a thread wouldn't hurt if they want to continue the Q&A I imagine.

1) Why is it necessary to have the figures holding their weapons in hand IN the package? Do they not think kids can't figure that out?

There was a question about Spy Troops Shipwreck where someone asked why the gun that came with the figure didn't fit into the holster. The ACTUAL answer was "the guns are supposed to go into the figure's hands".

2) Can we stop with the rubberbands and twist ties inside the package?

3) How come we never got a "maskless" Destro considering the one with the mask only appears for 3 minutes at the end?

4) Character heads (a 2 parter). When can we expect to see more individualized heads for characters? Leatherneck, Gung-Ho and Cutter ALL share the same head, as an example. It is understandable to save money but I can't imagine doing new heads would be THAT expensive when they did it with nearly all the comic packs the last few years and, most recently with a few of the Transformers (Sideways/Dead End and Sideswipe/Swerve) and the rest of the body is just a repaint. The other part is, who decided which characters get removable helmets and which don't?

Didn't see a link for it. (please merge this is there is one)

My questions are:

1. Was Rise of Cobra as big a success as you would have hoped?

2. Are all Duke's from here on out (save the 12 in Sideshow Duke) designed to look like Channing Tatum?

3. Why no product in the 25th line revealed at JoeCon? There's only about 10-14 figures people want and this can easily be done with 2 more 7 packs. If no more classics, and since we never got them, are there are any chances of seeing Dial Tone, Airtight, Jinx, Lowlight and Techno Viper with updated looks in the new line?

4. Why is Bazooka always the butt end of jokes or tossed away like he's not wanted or appreciated? Think about it: in the Sunbow cartoon he was a bumbling idiot. In the comics he was unfit and unable to join the ranks of G I Joe. I think his first line was something along the lines of "Is there a physical evaluation involved?" And in Resolute he was killed.

2) Pretty much. Maybe next year people won't care but for the forceable future, it makes sense.

4) The comic to which you refer, I think is when the team was disbanded and then brought back together and Bazooka was "out of shape" right? I'm not sure the point of that as I never really read those comics. But the Resolute version was, supposedly, an "outgrowth" of the old cartoon (almost like a continuation).

I'm not sure if JayC is taking our questions, Last time i think he only took one from the boards directly, from Clam wasn't it? I am seeing other sites start to ask for em, though, so hopefully he will and we will get good answers this time!

I just don't like it when we waste questions on stuff everyone else will ask, or something really obvious.

How about?

1) Shadow Tracker very much resembles DDP's version of Skullbuster, is this a homage or was their a problem securing the international rights to skullbuster, or is it just a coincidence?

2) will we be seeing any repaints of the accelator suits in more normal millitary colors? (Like olive drab or desert camo etc.)

I'll try to think of more later.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is this months Q&A. I took the questions except for the last one from this thread.

Question: Tracker very much resembles DDP's version of Skullbuster, is this a homage or was their a problem securing the international rights to Kkullbuster, or is it just a coincidence?

Hasbro: It is a coincidence.

Question: How come we never got a "maskless" movie Destro considering the one with the mask only appears for 3 minutes at the end?

Hasbro: Destro without a mask was available as a 2009 San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive 3.75" figure.

Question: Since the USS Flagg was in the movie as well as in the Resolute cartoon, what are the chances of getting a new toy for this vehicle in the near future?

Hasbro: There are no plans for a Flagg in the near future, but we would love to reintroduce the Flagg to a new generation of kids at some point down the line.

Thanks for the update and selecting one of my questions JayC! Now i'm unsure wiether or not i want a tracker and a skullbuster custom or just one and a rename.

Thanks for the update and selecting one of my questions JayC! Now i'm unsure wiether or not i want a tracker and a skullbuster custom or just one and a rename.

Rename for me all the way. I mean, hell, that's been the name of the game since GI Joe returned back in early 2000. Shockblast? Pfft. Dataframe? Never heard of 'em.

Rename for me all the way. I mean, hell, that's been the name of the game since GI Joe returned back in early 2000. Shockblast? Pfft. Dataframe? Never heard of 'em.

Something like that boils down to getting the character or not. If they were dead set on getting "Mainframe" for the character's name, we might not have actually GOTTEN the character.

Or would it have been better if we had "John [Codename] Doe" for everyone?

At least it isn't Bench Press.

I think we have less to complain about the "less than accurate" name reuse then we do the less than stellar mold reuses.

Something like that boils down to getting the character or not. If they were dead set on getting "Mainframe" for the character's name, we might not have actually GOTTEN the character.

I think we have less to complain about the "less than accurate" name reuse then we do the less than stellar mold reuses.

I think you misunderstood me. I grasp why there were name changes. I was merely saying once the figure was opened and on my shelf he was no longer the new place holder name. Hence why 'Tracker' will be Skullbuster.

They can name every damn character whatever they want on the package as long as I know who they are supposed to be.

I think you misunderstood me. I grasp why there were name changes. I was merely saying once the figure was opened and on my shelf he was no longer the new place holder name. Hence why 'Tracker' will be Skullbuster.

They can name every damn character whatever they want on the package as long as I know who they are supposed to be.

Ah, I guess I did. My bad.

It still makes me wonder how many characters we could have gotten but didn't becuase they couldn't secure the character. I mean a lot of people have been wanting Zandar and/or Zarana since the beginning, for example, but those names are a little odd (and they can't use the "John [codename] Doe" formula. I suppose they coulda just put "Dreadnok Zandar" and "Dreadnok Zarana", but it still makes you wonder.

Of course, THAT simply could be they didn't have any bodies to repaint (unless we want Zartan sans hood and called "Dreadnok Zandar" @firedevil@ ).

Here is this months Q&A. I took the questions except for the last one from this thread.

Question: Tracker very much resembles DDP's version of Skullbuster, is this a homage or was their a problem securing the international rights to Kkullbuster, or is it just a coincidence?

Hasbro: It is a coincidence.

Question: How come we never got a "maskless" movie Destro considering the one with the mask only appears for 3 minutes at the end?

Hasbro: Destro without a mask was available as a 2009 San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive 3.75" figure.

Question: Since the USS Flagg was in the movie as well as in the Resolute cartoon, what are the chances of getting a new toy for this vehicle in the near future?

Hasbro: There are no plans for a Flagg in the near future, but we would love to reintroduce the Flagg to a new generation of kids at some point down the line.

Coincidence? Sure.

Excactly. He was available as the SDCC exclusive and produced in limited quantity. But he was the movie's main villain and wasn't in the toyline available at retail. Another stupid move from the marketing team.

Except you guys seem to be the only people in the world that doesn't realize with the exception of collector's kids or nieces and nephews, kids don't make up the larger portion of G I Joe's consumer buying base.

Marketing team needs to be fired. (re:NY Post)

Anyone see this interview that someone at Terrordrome.com did with Double Helix who made the Rise of Cobra game? Here is a portion of it: (Credit to Terrordrome.com and Generalsjoes.com)

What can you tell me about the Game, or its development? Thousands of GI JOE fans are early waiting for this game and the future of the franchise

We did tremendous amounts of research into it. Everything from the toy bios and designs to the comics. We had clips of the cartoons, toys and comics scattered about, anything we could get our hands on. Normally, the publisher is very hard to work with, but EA has been awesome and totally backed us up on all our decisions. It was Hasbro that has been a real pain in the ass to work with. Normally the Licensee is easy to work with. But Hasbro, man they were horrible.

Really? How so? What happened?

Well the team had these great ideas and models and textures going and Hasbro rejected them. They were too vintage inspired they said. It didn't match the movie. They literally told us, more black. We had scarlet running around in her movie outfit but in her original colors, it really looked great. And they told us no. They really had their heads up their ass. It was literally only 2 guys at Hasbro making all the decisions, and they didn't seem to know how to handle their own product and they don't seem to listen to the fans.

After all the research we had done, it was very odd to have Hasbro crush that style.

That last part about Hasbro not kowing how to handle their product and not listening to fans, it's why you have this with the game:

G.I. Joe: A Real American Failure?

EA's movie tie-in doesn't catch the interest of gamers.

Hilary Goldstein

September 10, 2009

August NPD numbers show that EA's movie tie-in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra fizzled on store shelves last month. Despite being connected to a moderately popular film, the game version was panned by critics and ignored by gamers. According to NPD, no version of the game sold even 35,000 units in its debut month.

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra is based off a movie, which is based off a TV show, which is based off a toy line. Somehow, that didn't translate into something people wanted to play. The Xbox 360, which sold best, has a 4.4 average rating on Gamestats. Apparently that was enough to scare consumers away.

Source:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1023608p1.html

It's also why we see movie still millions behind from making any money. ($293,000,000 million so far, but $325,000,000+ put into it. And Paramount will never see all profits from foreign sales)

And it's also why we see what's happening to the toys. (re:NY Post) And why we see product rotting on the pegs.

But hey Hasbro still feels like it has this one in the bag, so we could all be wrong!