New MOTUC Teela, Scareglow & Zodak Images

The Wire

Scareglow is not too shabby.

I thought he looked pretty low rent myself. Painted on bones on a full torso seems pretty stupid and lazy on Mattel's part.

Scareglow is not too shabby.

I thought he looked pretty low rent myself. Painted on bones on a full torso seems pretty stupid and lazy on Mattel's part.

I'm not feeling it either, but at least the head sculpt looked pretty badass at SDCC. Now, they seem to have greatly reduced the paint wash in the head/face area which brought out alot of sculpted details on the Scareglow who was displayed at the con.

Yeah but isn't the point to make it look like the original version, and that's how he looked!! Now they could perhaps make a better version with the skin being see through and perhaps some skeleton pieces in the inside??? Then it'd be pretty boss. But it's supposed to look like the 80's version. Which is why Randor looks like the Burger King and not like the Filmation version, which I would have wanted!!

i dont know, i think scareglow looks stunning. i mean he is hard to do. what could have been the options? sculpted bones on it? otherways a figure with just the bone structure? i looked at some pics and it seems like he's body is all black and the bones inside of him are just glowing. thats hard to do i think. translutient black body and a bone structure in the inside? i think he is good and he will be even more once we have him in hand.

as for zodak, could have been nice with a little unmasked head. but that is just a minor point for me.

But it's supposed to look like the 80's version. Which is why Randor looks like the Burger King

LMAO. :D

i dont know, i think scareglow looks stunning. i mean he is hard to do. what could have been the options? sculpted bones on it? otherways a figure with just the bone structure? i looked at some pics and it seems like he's body is all black and the bones inside of him are just glowing. thats hard to do i think. translutient black body and a bone structure in the inside? i think he is good and he will be even more once we have him in hand.

as for zodak, could have been nice with a little unmasked head. but that is just a minor point for me.

I don't know I think at the very least the bones should have been sculpted in bas-relief, as it is he looks like he's got a child's Halloween costume on (to me)....and no I'm not saying people can't like whatever they want to....just giving my 2 cents. I look on him and think 20 bucks plus shipping for that...really? Nostalgia is great and all, but an uninspired figure is just that and nothing more to me.

i see your point. it could have ben better with a little sculpted structure around the bones. i see the price point too but around here the ironman figs go for 19 euro. makes around 24 usd for a crappy, small iron man figure. funny fact, the first wave was sold last year for 9 euro everywhere around here. what a difference, thats why the price point doesnt matter for me because i rather take this figure for 20 euro then a marvel figure for 20. lol

While I like Scare Glow the way he is, I think he's a little uninspired because he's basically a clone of his original figure (though it makes sense since so few people have the original). He seems a tad too dark to me. I think the purple should be a little brighter since he has so much black on him.

My hope is that once we get all the nostalgia out of the way (that is, making figures almost carbon copies of the original line's figures), they'll go back and do new versions of characters similar to the 200X update but with this sculpting style. The line would have to last for years, but maybe with a movie and a retail deal, it could happen. Then we could get a more dynamic Scare Glow similar to Emiliano Santalucia's version.

And why has Mattel changed his name to Scareglow? I'm not in favor of name changes, even if they're minor.

My hope is that once we get all the nostalgia out of the way (that is, making figures almost carbon copies of the original line's figures), they'll go back and do new versions of characters similar to the 200X update but with this sculpting style. The line would have to last for years, but maybe with a movie and a retail deal, it could happen. Then we could get a more dynamic Scare Glow similar to Emiliano Santalucia's version.

I'd be into that plan. There are some MOTUC figures who seem to have already received this dynamic aspect. Man-at-Arms is a bold, detailed and mature sculpt. That's what makes his figure so impressive to me... and that's what makes Scare Glow a bit disappointing to me. These characters clearly have so much potential beyond their limited early designs, even within the boundaries of the MOTUC's 'classic' styling.

• 3 weeks later...

Teela goes on sale at 12:00 p.m. (midday) on October 15, so unless you're on the other side of the world, you don't have to stay up till midnight. ;)

The last two figures have lasted beyond the first day, but Teela is certainly more popular than either of them, so no one is sure how long she'll last beyond noon on the 15th. The quickest sellout to date was Man-At-Arms, who lasted only 39-41 minutes.

Yeah but isn't the point to make it look like the original version, and that's how he looked!! Now they could perhaps make a better version with the skin being see through and perhaps some skeleton pieces in the inside??? Then it'd be pretty boss. But it's supposed to look like the 80's version. Which is why Randor looks like the Burger King and not like the Filmation version, which I would have wanted!!

Ugh. Thanks. Now that's all I'm going to see everytime I look at him. <_<:P

Scareglow looks awesome...

But King Randor will probably be my favourite of the whole line.

Not only is he my favourite character...but the figure looks amazing beyond words!

post-12025-39901_thumb.jpg

post-12025-12538785443296_thumb.jpg

You're not alone, Dilios. Randor jumped out at me, too. Before SDCC, he was just another name for a figure I'd like to see. After seeing the actual figure, he moved to the top of my list of figures I'm most excited for.

With all the great stuff shown, Randor and Battle Armor He-Man stole the show for me.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE