Sign in to follow this  
MemberX

Jurassic FAiL!

hasbro cashes in on old molds and chap mei articulated figures. CAN you at least give them 25th style articulation?

hasbro cashes in on old molds and chap mei articulated figures. CAN you at least give them 25th style articulation?

I think a couple of them look pretty good. But yeah, 25th style articulation would make them better.

At least the Rex is back to being the poster child for the franchise.

they are a little outdated, at least the dinos are good

they are a little outdated, at least the dinos are good

Not much lol. They had a "such and such character (Forest Commander or something weird like that) vs Tyrannosaurus Rex" and the T-Rex was SMALLER than the guy.

Or maybe he's just a jerk and hunts baby T-Rexs?

Since this look like these arejust re-issues of the last line or compination of previous JP lines, I guess it's not that bad. I can understand why collectors are a little let down, but my seven year old son saw these and loved them (going through his Dinosaur phase). I would also have to remind people that if the did 25th Joe style figures it would have probably added another $5 or more to the price.

they should have done some frankenjoes !

I would have bought some if they did interesting figures that fit in with the Joes

I would also have to remind people that if the did 25th Joe style figures it would have probably added another $5 or more to the price.

Meh, even new sculpt, like what they did with the Hulk figures, and I would have gotten them, probably.

Yeah, had they done new sculpt it would have been cool. I saw a bunch of them a few days ago and wasn't too impressed. And why the heck can't you just buy a regular Dino, instead of one that's all ate up!?

I remember back around December 2001, when Jurassic Park III toyline was out, and at a Sears(In Canada), me and my brother saw what was pretty much the final wave of the line, and only there we saw it(Ever store had the early wave figures, but this Sears had the last wave). 1 of the figures was a scuba diver, and while my brother thought that was cool, he was also interested in the Transformers: Robots In Disguise toy at Wal-mart(The leader of the Build Team, I forgot his name) for Christmas. He had a hard time choosing, but he eventually got the R.I.D. toy, espeically since R.I.D. toys at that time were kind of hard to find, and we both figured we'd see these Jurassic Park III toys still clogging the selves for the next couple of months.

While he loves his R.I.D. toy, he still regreats not getting this Scuba Diver figure. Since now Hasbro is re-releasing this Scubra Diver figure(I don't know if it's re-deco though), and if these show up in Toys R Us in Canada, then I think it's a safe bet he'll want to get this figure. By the way, just so that you guys understand, his opinion in terms of G.I. Joe toys, while he does think the current figures(25th Anniversity and onwards) are good an cool looking with all it's articulation, he still perfers the older sculpts and toys from the 1980's to before the Sigma 6 line.

Oh yeah, I do agree that these could use the current Joe style articulation. However, I wonder if the JP license that Hasbro has to pay for the film company(Forgot the film company's name) to use the JP rights, is part of the reason why we aren't getting any new sculpts.

Sad to admit I will rebuy the Dr. Grant figure when I see him.

wish these where the JP1 figures and vehicles. that was one of my favorite childhood toylines.

business sense...fail. that's the point, use existing molds, incur only production costs, and add a product to the market that there may be a demand for. without a movie to leverage the toys, there is no reason to produce new molds and it would be a waste.

why am i even attempting to explain something so simple as if it would be understood by someone who would actually post such a ridiculous argument. not to mention the fact that this has nothing to do with G.I. Joes so why is it in the Joe forums.

business sense...fail. that's the point, use existing molds, incur only production costs, and add a product to the market that there may be a demand for. without a movie to leverage the toys, there is no reason to produce new molds and it would be a waste.

why am i even attempting to explain something so simple as if it would be understood by someone who would actually post such a ridiculous argument. not to mention the fact that this has nothing to do with G.I. Joes so why is it in the Joe forums.

1. Dissapointing narrow cash in

2.mad about that

3.future peg warmers

4. 3/34 scale by hasbro

5.ALMOST NO REASON TO MAKE THEM!