UNWORTHY!

MemberX

i cant think of any that "dont deserve" to be updated. Even some of the worst figures from the past could be really cool if they were to be made in the new style. I thought the new sculpt figures were horrible and I quickly quit buying them but if the VvsV Night Creeper was made in the new style it could be a a cool looking figure. That goes for all the VvsV era figures in my opinion.

I second the VsV/Spy Troops n the 25th style!

The VsV Iron Grenadiers were simply amazing.

Add to that the ST Snake Eyes (the tall one that was released in Black, Gray, then Blue and as a Desert Camo Walmart Duke headed version), the VsV Night Creeper (Black would be cool, them being ninjas and all), the VsV General Hawk, a true rendition of the VsV Vipers and Neo-Vipers (unlike their ROC name only cousins) and an updated Grim Skull/Guillotine (from the Plague).

I hate kneel haul. He literally looks like a member of the village people and hes paid higher than hawk? BULL! @grumpy@

Keel-Haul's been customized already (Shogi) and looks AWESOME!!

Keel-Haul.png

Most of the Star Brigade figures would get my vote for "no need to update".

I hate kneel haul. He literally looks like a member of the village people and hes paid higher than hawk? BULL! @grumpy@

Keel-Haul's been customized already (Shogi) and looks AWESOME!!

Keel-Haul.png

Most of the Star Brigade figures would get my vote for "no need to update".

Ive seen worse

post-32059-1251219280_thumb.jpg

There are NO figures unworthy of a 25th body update.

What IS unworthy are the craptastic "updates" we DID get.

I mean I'd like a 25th Cutter, NOT a Gung-Ho in a sailor suit, for example.

cutter is like shockblast hes just a SHHHHHHHH dont tell anyone hes really shockwave

Agreed 100%.

All you have to do is mute the original colours a little bit, and add/subtract one or two details and pretty much any figure from the "neon nineties" era could look good.

And as for Keel Haul looking like the Village People... qft.

Agreed 100%.

All you have to do is mute the original colours a little bit, and add/subtract one or two details and pretty much any figure from the "neon nineties" era could look good.

Exactly. I mean, comparatively, Ice Cream Soldier looked like crap. But Shock Viper was much better.

cutter is like shockblast hes just a SHHHHHHHH dont tell anyone hes really shockwave

Well, Shockblast has the flaw of "name unavailability" or he'd BE Shockwave....I think. I mean after all, Transformers Animated had a Shockwave.

Also, Shockblast at least got a new head.

I agree with most of what T-rat said, we don't need updated versions of:

Eco-Warriors

Cobra La

Mega Marines

Star Brigrade

Manimals

or

Spytroops

Valor vs Venom

Ninja Force

Agreed 100%.

Exactly. I mean, comparatively, Ice Cream Soldier looked like crap. But Shock Viper was much better.

awwwwww I like the ice cream soldier!

I agree with most of what T-rat said, we don't need updated versions of:

Eco-Warriors

Cobra La

Mega Marines

Star Brigrade

Manimals

or

Spytroops

Valor vs Venom

Ninja Force

I don't know. there were a few characters from those sets that I'd like to see. The Stall family, for example. Valor vs Venom Dr. Mindbender. Scalpel, Medi-Viper, Cross Hair, Red Spot, and Wide Scope.

I don't know. there were a few characters from those sets that I'd like to see. The Stall family, for example. Valor vs Venom Dr. Mindbender. Scalpel, Medi-Viper, Cross Hair, Red Spot, and Wide Scope.

I agree I want mindbender in a coat. So how about some rise of cobra action!. And they did make a 25th style rollbar that came in a movie pack

I agree I want mindbender in a coat. So how about some rise of cobra action!. And they did make a 25th style rollbar that came in a movie pack

No, that's just Airborne in a new outfit. The LEAST they coulda done is give him a new damn head.

<!--quoteo(post=16592947:date=Aug 27 2009, 03:39 AM:name=CLAM)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CLAM @ Aug 27 2009, 03:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=16592947"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I agree with most of what T-rat said, we don't need updated versions of:

Eco-Warriors

Cobra La

Mega Marines

Star Brigrade

Manimals

or

Spytroops

Valor vs Venom

Ninja Force<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't know. there were a few characters from those sets that I'd like to see. The Stall family, for example. <a href="http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/drmindbender5.shtml" target="_blank">Valor vs Venom Dr. Mindbender</a>. Scalpel, Medi-Viper, Cross Hair, Red Spot, and Wide Scope.

You gotta remember though, this Clam. He doesn't care about the designs or backstories here, he just hated that construction with a burning passion.

You picked out several great ones that are on my want list, but also a couple that aren't. Wide Scope is so-so, i might take him as the bottom of the barrel but there are so many others i'd like to see before the shockwave clone.

Now Redspot? He goes into my never redo list because of his lame name. I'll never be able to get over it.

Here are some more from me:

Raptor (too silly)

Crystal Ball (same)

Cobra-La (if done as they were, i might take some of them as genetic monsters... maybe, but no ancient society bull)

Link Talbot, he didn't even have a code-name and was a vet, a throw away character.

Med-alert, lame name, lifeline wannabe.

Sideswipe, why name a medic after a type of car accident?

Chameleon, oh the terrible and cheesey idea the whole baroness's twin thing was.

I was tempted to say skidmark, but if you change it to Skidz it's almost tolerable.

A lot of the stinkers are really close. For example Scoop, take away the yellow and give him control of a predator, and i'd bet he'd be a new fav. Or sneakpeak? his specialty is actually useful, but it's the fig that keeps him down.

<!--quoteo(post=16593532:date=Aug 29 2009, 06:42 AM:name=Dethgoblin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dethgoblin @ Aug 29 2009, 06:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=16593532"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't know. there were a few characters from those sets that I'd like to see. The Stall family, for example. <a href="http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/drmindbender5.shtml" target="_blank">Valor vs Venom Dr. Mindbender</a>. Scalpel, Medi-Viper, Cross Hair, Red Spot, and Wide Scope.

I agree I want mindbender in a coat. So how about some rise of cobra action!. And they did make a 25th style rollbar that came in a movie pack<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No, that's just Airborne in a new outfit. The LEAST they coulda done is give him a new damn head.

and it doesn't even make sense, it's very reminiscent of sky patrol... well that other guy called airborne. Meanwhile airborne's real name is listed on Air Raid's card, who looks suspiciously like Barrel Roll. Not to mention RnR's real name on Lumberjack man or whatever the new tru exclusive is called. That really annoys me.

at least with leatherneck, that head looked more like him from the start, or the divers, at least the heads are meant to be masked, but otherwise, new chars need new heads.

Since we didn't get them in the 25th line and Hasbro needs to insist that that line can't be done anymore, I'd like to see people get updated that we never saw in the 25th line.

1. Dial Tone

2. Airtight

3. Jinx

4. Techno Viper

5. Lowlight

6. Sci-Fi

7. Footloose

8. Cover Girl

9. Lifeline

10. Iceberg

11. Zarana

12. Zandar

I would also like to see updates of Spirit and Bazooka, bringing them in the the modern world.

But if they looks vastly different such as "Flash" in the RoC line, I'm not interested.

But if they looks vastly different such as "Flash" in the RoC line, I'm not interested.

I really prefer the new look flash for one. He was very dated and don't updates look like for some, especially more of the sideline characters or characters we already have a more normal version.

<!--quoteo(post=16592947:date=Aug 27 2009, 03:39 AM:name=CLAM)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CLAM @ Aug 27 2009, 03:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=16592947"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I agree with most of what T-rat said, we don't need updated versions of:

Eco-Warriors

Cobra La

Mega Marines

Star Brigrade

Manimals

or

Spytroops

Valor vs Venom

Ninja Force<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't know. there were a few characters from those sets that I'd like to see. The Stall family, for example. <a href="http://www.yojoe.com/action/04/drmindbender5.shtml" target="_blank">Valor vs Venom Dr. Mindbender</a>. Scalpel, Medi-Viper, Cross Hair, Red Spot, and Wide Scope.

You gotta remember though, this Clam. He doesn't care about the designs or backstories here, he just hated that construction with a burning passion.

You picked out several great ones that are on my want list, but also a couple that aren't. Wide Scope is so-so, i might take him as the bottom of the barrel but there are so many others i'd like to see before the shockwave clone.

Now Redspot? He goes into my never redo list because of his lame name. I'll never be able to get over it.

Here are some more from me:

Raptor (too silly)

Crystal Ball (same)

Cobra-La (if done as they were, i might take some of them as genetic monsters... maybe, but no ancient society bull)

Link Talbot, he didn't even have a code-name and was a vet, a throw away character.

Med-alert, lame name, lifeline wannabe.

Sideswipe, why name a medic after a type of car accident?

Chameleon, oh the terrible and cheesey idea the whole baroness's twin thing was.

I was tempted to say skidmark, but if you change it to Skidz it's almost tolerable.

A lot of the stinkers are really close. For example Scoop, take away the yellow and give him control of a predator, and i'd bet he'd be a new fav. Or sneakpeak? his specialty is actually useful, but it's the fig that keeps him down.

Well, construction is irrelevant. Ninja Force, for example, had "action features" Would a 25th version of Bushido have them? I don't think so (but I could be wrong).

The major flaw with a lot of the 90s figures was the COLORS. Some of them had quite nice sculpts/details but garrish colors. I think I mentioned Ice Cream Soldier. Horrible. But the repainted Shock Viper was MUCH better.

I picked Red Spot because I think the character deserved a second chance. If it was a choice between him and a RAH character (that we didn't already have)? I can't say I'd go for it.

But colors don't really matter so much anymore. The original Gung-Ho had some odd color, but the 25th versions did well, especially if you consider the repaints. I mean I liked both figures. Though I agree that Sneak Peek's original version was oddly colored, his Night Force version was MUCH better.

Which is, basically, the point.

I think the only pre 90's fig I would not want updated in Sneak Peak..... I hate that fig with a passion. I thought he was the lamest of the lame when I was a kid and still do. Would not mind a few updates from the ST and VvV but only a select few.

Draven