Arkham Asylum: BATMAN Game

Crimson Knight

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just opened a set at game stop and checked it out....dont like the baterang its plastic and has no weight to it.....so i guess ill just get the regular version of the game.

pics please of the characters!!!

I don't want to spoil so I'll just post links to the pics...

http://www.der-vigilant.de/wp-content/myfo...kham-asylum.jpg

http://techdozer.com/wp-content/plugins/wp...x_scarecrow.jpg

http://www.twogameguys.com/wp-content/uplo...sylum-joker.jpg

When you first see Bane...

http://brightcove.vo.llnwd.net/d7/unsecure...001-img0000.jpg

About 30 seconds after you see Bane...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2kjisMm3M9Y/ShAA...Asylum+Bane.jpg

Those are all the characters I've run into thus far.

i got it and i played 6 hours straight. slept four hours, got working an in a few minutes i take the plane back to gotham arkham island. love the idea that it is like a little island. all those riddles are an awesome touch too. i am about to face poisen ivy. where are you guys at?

Am I the only one convinced this game was meant to be based on the Christopher Nolan movies? I mean, it starts out with Batman bringing the Joker to Arkham, a logical place to pick up where the movie leaves off. Batman is wearing serious armor, much like his movie counterpart. I just figure once Ledger died they had no choice but to redesign the characters because you couldn't use his face as the Joker anymore (I mean, I guess you could have, but a lot of people would have been upset.) Never mind the fact that there was no actual movie game, odd in itself. What does everyone think?

Louis

Am I the only one convinced this game was meant to be based on the Christopher Nolan movies? I mean, it starts out with Batman bringing the Joker to Arkham, a logical place to pick up where the movie leaves off. Batman is wearing serious armor, much like his movie counterpart. I just figure once Ledger died they had no choice but to redesign the characters because you couldn't use his face as the Joker anymore (I mean, I guess you could have, but a lot of people would have been upset.) Never mind the fact that there was no actual movie game, odd in itself. What does everyone think?

Louis

I don't think thats the case. It is odd that there wasn't a Dark Knight game, but maybe thats because they realized movie games, often suck. If I play a game based on a movie, I am probably going to get some basterized version of the movie with a few new bad guys thrown in for good measure. That doesn't really seem like the case with this one. Honestly, I don't know if it is because of the voice actors or what, but this game really does feel like an extension of Batman the Animated Series more than any of the new movies. Sure they may have taken a few cues from the movie, but that happens with almost all comic properties (Ultimate Spiderman was VERY close to having organic web shooters, so much so there was even a reference about it within the first few books) Bullseye had that Colin Ferrel design on his head for a breif period, so its not that big of a deal. When I was looking at some promo art for the new game, I noticed that the Joker had scars on the sides of his mouth, like in the movie, but once I got into the game, I saw that there were no scars.

i got it and i played 6 hours straight. slept four hours, got working an in a few minutes i take the plane back to gotham arkham island. love the idea that it is like a little island. all those riddles are an awesome touch too. i am about to face poisen ivy. where are you guys at?

ive just beat the part where you have to

save the hanging gaurds from harley with the bat sync thing.(for the electro doors) harley let ivy free, so i figure she's next!

I love this game. Picked it up Tues and got some good time playing it Weds and yesterday. It's an awesome hybrid of TAS and the comics. I really like the interpretations of Croc, Zsasz and SCARECROW is as awesome as can be! Hamill and Conroy deliver as usual. I like the game waaaay more than I thought I would playing the demo. Whether you're down with Batman or not it is an amazing game. Prob one of the top 3 if not the best comic game ever.

Louis

I don't think thats the case.

me either.

but this game really does feel like an extension of Batman the Animated Series more than any of the new movies.

Personally I feel it's more comic book inspired than anything else. The only connection to the animated series is the voices which is a nice touch since comic books don't have voices and really why not use what some fans are familiar with?

But the voices to me is where the similarity ends. It's far too 'dark' to be cartoonish.

Y'know for a guy in tights that is......

ive just beat the part where you have to

save the hanging gaurds from harley with the bat sync thing.(for the electro doors) harley let ivy free, so i figure she's next!

I'm at that point too.

but this game really does feel like an extension of Batman the Animated Series more than any of the new movies.

Personally I feel it's more comic book inspired than anything else. The only connection to the animated series is the voices which is a nice touch since comic books don't have voices and really why not use what some fans are familiar with?

But the voices to me is where the similarity ends. It's far too 'dark' to be cartoonish.

Yeah, I may just be a sucker for the voices, to me, Conroy IS Batman, always will be, just like Hamil IS Joker (and who could imagine Harly Quinn with any other voice?) It's what I grew up on and whenever I read the comics, those are the voices I hear. Sorry Adam West.

Yeah, I may just be a sucker for the voices, to me, Conroy IS Batman, always will be, just like Hamil IS Joker (and who could imagine Harly Quinn with any other voice?) It's what I grew up on and whenever I read the comics, those are the voices I hear. Sorry Adam West.

It's definitely closer to the comic than anything...not to spoil for those that don't have the game, but who is Batman's "assistant" in the game? Don't think that person is in the comics or movies. That batmobile on the other hand reminds me of the first movie. The music sounds like it's from Batman Begins or TDK.

I was all set to get a PS3 and possibly that new Batman game with the $100 price drop. Now I find out that they DON'T play PS2 games and the ones that do aren't made anymore??? WEAK!!!

It's been like that for about a year now, hasn't it? I thought they dropped PS2 support pretty quickly.

As far as bad comic games, I find Hulk: Ultimate Destruction to be great fun still.

I still have my PS1 and 2 and I do have a PS3 which is still mint in box. @loll@

I was all set to get a PS3 and possibly that new Batman game with the $100 price drop. Now I find out that they DON'T play PS2 games and the ones that do aren't made anymore??? WEAK!!!

It's been like that for about a year now, hasn't it? I thought they dropped PS2 support pretty quickly.

As far as bad comic games, I find Hulk: Ultimate Destruction to be great fun still.

I still have my PS1 and 2 and I do have a PS3 which is still mint in box. @loll@

If you still have a working PS2, why do you care that the PS3 won't play PS2 games?

it takes longer then expected because first you gotta get to killer croc before ivy. i think i am at the end of the game, i am facing joker and i am too tired because he beats me all the time. will kick his ass after work, you will see @smilepunch@

From what friends have told me, is the "assistant" Oracle?

Yeah,if you check the bio page you should see the girl with glasses,click on her,it is Oracle.

On a sidenote,I preordered the game last year in September(When it was first announced).Beat it at GameStop 2 days before it came out,and picked my CE up at the midnight launch.With that said,I think it's an amazing game,and if you're a hardcore Batgeek(like myself),then you won't be disappointed.

It's definitely closer to the comic than anything...not to spoil for those that don't have the game, but who is Batman's "assistant" in the game? Don't think that person is in the comics or movies. That batmobile on the other hand reminds me of the first movie. The music sounds like it's from Batman Begins or TDK.

Assuming you mean Oracle, as others have pointed out she is the former Batgirl and is a very big part of the comics (as Oracle)