Do I have a bonafide variant here?

I found the Reactive Armor Ripcord the other day, but I noticed the armor on his abs wasn't painted. It was just black. I thought maybe that's what Duke's ab armor looked liked too, but his was painted. So is this simply a super rare mistake, or will it perhaps prove to be a running-change variant?

Yeah, me too. I don't necessarily go for the "error variants". I see them as oddities really. I just found this one curious. But I really want a corrected version...

That reminds me; speaking of accuracy, is anyone else kinda slightly irritated with the humongous size of Heavy Duty's mini-gun? When I saw the early pics of the movie with the actor holding it, I thought, "Yeah...it's a mini mini-gun! (lol) I like it!" But the one the figure comes with looks like something they'd mount onto a C-130 or something. It's HUGE! But I still love the figure, beer-gut and all. (lol)

Yeah, me too. I don't necessarily go for the "error variants". I see them as oddities really. I just found this one curious. But I really want a corrected version...

That reminds me; speaking of accuracy, is anyone else kinda slightly irritated with the humongous size of Heavy Duty's mini-gun? When I saw the early pics of the movie with the actor holding it, I thought, "Yeah...it's a mini mini-gun! (lol) I like it!" But the one the figure comes with looks like something they'd mount onto a C-130 or something. It's HUGE! But I still love the figure, beer-gut and all. (lol)

I can't say if it is an error or variant. My first thought, it is probaby an error like my Target Eel that had no symbol applied.

My biggest complaint with the minigun is that it is rubbery, which I refuse to buy a whole $8 figure for. It was a prime opportunity to make a weapon that could be redone for years, and Hasbeen Fed it up.

which HD are we talking about?? The camo one or the armor one? And I saw pics of more ripcords and none of their guts are paint washed on the armor too..... hmmmm

Draven

I was talking about the Reactive Armor one. I didn't think the camo HD even came with a mini-gun. Does it? Gah...I just realized I don't have that figure yet... (lol)

I found a couple more RA Ripcords today, and yes...they all had the non-painted black ab armor. Oh well, I hope Hasbro re-releases a corrected version.