Sign in to follow this  
yojoebro82

TRU 2 for $10: TAKE 3

Joes are in the TRU add again this week, 2 for $9.99. Wow! Can't complain about that. Maybe they'll get wave 5 and I can grab me the Ripcord and Resolu....uuuhhm, City Strike Snake Eyes.

That's where I've gotten ALL my movie figures from so far. Even without the sale it looks like TRU has better prices.

I just hope they get some new stuff.....

That's where I've gotten ALL my movie figures from so far. Even without the sale it looks like TRU has better prices.

how much are they at TRU? I tried to get some the last time they had the sale but had all crap figures and don't remember the reg. price. Most I got for $6.99 at Target but some Targets had them at $7.99

I wanted to buy some last week when they were 2 for 9.99 plus the 10 gift card for 30$ purchases.. but they were pretty much sold out of anything good. All they had were a bunch of Heavy Duty figures

This is what? The 3rd time they have done this?

The movie has been out for 2 weeks?

Don't get me wrong, it's a great opportunity for people looking to fill gaps in their collection or a chance to buy customizing parts cheap, but why are they doing this again?

Is there currently not enough interest in the line?

Does this sale extend beyond G I Joe or RoC? Star Wars? Marvel? Transformers?

I wanted to buy some last week when they were 2 for 9.99 plus the 10 gift card for 30$ purchases.. but they were pretty much sold out of anything good. All they had were a bunch of Heavy Duty figures

This is my problem. Even if I could convince myself to buy some of them, the problem is my TRU has nothing but wave 1. Pretty much like all the WalMarts who have them sitting there in an island kiosk.

The wave 1 stuff are pretty much all of the main characters in the movie. It seems those first initial waves were produced 3x more than the other waves. It makes sense to believe this was intentional as Hasbro was counting on kids buying up all of the movie heroes and villians.

The problem is that's what everyone is sitting on and trying to get rid of. And the newer waves won't be found until those sell.

if it's in an ad at least Target and wal-mart will honor it

Heh, if you remember to have the ad with you. That was my problem tonight. Well part of it. There were several.

1) Same figures over and over. I managed to find 3 figures i'd never seen before, but I didn't have the ad to show the sale, so I gotta go back tomorrow.

2) All the stores seems to be rearranging for the fall season so some didn't even have product on the shelf when I went. By the time they get finished, the sale will probably be over.

how much are they at TRU? I tried to get some the last time they had the sale but had all crap figures and don't remember the reg. price. Most I got for $6.99 at Target but some Targets had them at $7.99

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not exactly sure. My hunting is WAY off, so I almost don't even notice prices anymore. I was thinking it was TRU that was cheapest, but I'm not sure.

Man, all my TRU has left are butt loads of Covergirl, BBQ, and Firefly. Hard to take advantage of the sale with all old stuff though I did manage to pick up a lone Destro and CC figure that i've been putting off. Good figures!

Yeah, there's nothing new at my local TRU to take advantage of. They don't even have the new exclusive 3-packs in yet.