Are the ROC vechicles selling?

GPM in ICT

Just wondering if anyone else is see these selling at all? So far all the places I've gone to need to restock figures, but the vechicles just seems to be sitting there, even the newer wave 2 of the Ahpha and Bravo class. So far I've only gotten the Cobra Gunship. What's everyone else think? Is it because of the price (which I think has a lot to do with it) or because a majority of the stuff is from older lines?

Definitely the ridiculous price tags. I forced myself to shell-out for one of those cool Armadillo refits and I *might* get more when the price comes down, but I'm holding out to get some of those... er... The COBRA 4x4 things from the Paris Pursuit. Wouldn't mind a couple of those, but at £30 a pop it's just stupid money.

They don't seem to be selling within a 100 hundred mile radius of me. Certainly the price tags. The figures aren't selling either though. The pegs are always stuffed to the brim. You could say they all sold out and those are restocks, but I doubt a handful of kids came in and scarfed up 50+ figures at $7-8 dollars per figure.

In fact several stores have figures with bad paint apps and dings in the bubble, so I know they are the same figure hanging there that I saw weeks prior.

I want the Leatherneck with ATV and that will tie me up with the RoC line.

that is what I was thinking.. I haven't seen them move at all.

when they first dropped, I saw a few of the Alpha vehicles dissappear from TRU. But it seems like every store I have been to has the same Bravo vehicles and Night Ravens sitting there

I'm displeased with the price tag on the figures themselves, and have been very conservative in what and how I'm buying the ones I DO have. The 2 for $9.99 at TRU helped and a few mark downs at Target.

The vehicles I've left alone, one reason is they're lame and the other is obviously price and maybe it's the price that's making the thought of them being "lame" go down better? ^_^

Haven't bought a single RoC vehicle. Don't plan to.

As for the figures, I imagine them sitting with their $8 price tags for a while. Which makes me worry about there being room for my Resolute Snake Eyes wave!

Just buy City Strike Snake Eyes? Same figure, basically.

I too am thinking its the price. The figs are selling just ok. The vehicles, especially the alphas, are just sitting there, although the ravens sold pretty well in my area when TRU had that $10 gift card deal going on. But now I think the figs are gonna gather dust even more at my target since the price went up to $8.69. Good thing I found all the figs I wanted during the 2 for $10 sale.

Personally speaking, I used to go to hunting maybe 2-3 times a week. Now that the Transformers line is (quickly) over, I don't feel the need to rush to try and find Joes. Not like I used to.

The price is just a bit too high for me. The ONLY time I've actually gotten any is those 2 for $10 TRU sales on the figures.

And the same goes for the vehicles. I picked up the Armadillo repaint (because I wanted Thunder), the R.H.I.N.O. (good vehicle and I wanted Heavy Metal), the Snake Trax and the Rockslide. All of them on sale.

It is weird that they haven't done sales for any of the bigger vehicles at all. I might actually get some if they did. But now? Nah. I'd just as soon get the Motor Viper, for example, off Ebay or something.

I want the Heavy Metal figure too, but I aint buying that crappy Rhino vehicle to get him

That's what Hasbro was hoping you would do. Buy a vehicle that costs $15 and up just to get a classic looking Joe.

Now, if they had done a Dial Tone with a $25 dollar vehicle, I would have taken the bait. Or even a Wolverine with Cover Girl.

I agree with the earlier comment about looking for Joes. For the last 2 years I was on the hunt about 5 days a week. Now, if I'm in Target or Walmart and have time, I will go over there to look and see what is selling. (usually slim to none)

I'm not buying anything anymore.

I want the Heavy Metal figure too, but I aint buying that crappy Rhino vehicle to get him

That's what Hasbro was hoping you would do. Buy a vehicle that costs $15 and up just to get a classic looking Joe.

Well, LOGICALLY, that's what they should be doing. But they do a half-ass job of it too often.

The Tiger Rat with a crappy looking Wild Bill? They could have EASILY done Skystriker (the original Tiger Rat's pilot) or, at the least, do Wild Bill in actual Tiger Force colors instead of that lime/puke green.

Or the Ice Dagger with "Frostbite". Hell, when I first saw the pics, I thought it was a Cobra.

Among other examples.

I'd say the biggest reason none of them are selling is because they suck.

I haven't seen one vehicle from this line that I would buy, no matter what the price tag is. :(

I agree.

I mean, fans will buy most anything if it is good enough to justify the price.

I wouldn't be happy about paying 15 bucks for an Alpha vehicle, when we used to get Bravo-sized vehicles for the same price, or even 2 Bravo-sized vehicles in the 25th line. However, if they released something actually really good, I would bite the bullet and do it.

Same thing with the Bravo vehicles. 25 bucks is terrible for something that would have cost 15 bucks in the 25th line... But guess what, if they were good RAH redecos, I would do it! Gimme a Desert Fox, I'll pay 25 for it. I won't like it, but I will do it! I won't pay 25 for that crappy Cobra Gunship or GvC vehicles!

I also won't pay 40 for the new Night Raven, but I would have done it for just about any RAH jet. Give me the Hurricane, I'll pay 50!

Well, LOGICALLY, that's what they should be doing. But they do a half-ass job of it too often.

Kind of a re-occuring theme isn't it?

Lol, pretty much. I mean, would a LITTLE effort kill someone?

Efforts there.....imagination is missing, or at least a GOOD one?

In that case, I'll use my imagination and start playing with all of the toys like I'm 8 again and I'll buy up anything that's called G I JOE.

It's not lack of imagination. It's called lack of effort and while some like yourself like what's available, others don't.

In that case, I'll use my imagination and start playing with all of the toys like I'm 8 again and I'll buy up anything that's called G I JOE.

It's not lack of imagination. It's called lack of effort and while some like yourself like what's available, others don't.

I wasn't talking about you. ;)

The "lack of imagination" I am talking about...is on Hasbro, or maybe even the movie producers who came up with the new vehicles for the movie, that I'm not much impressed with? The only "good" vehicles out there right now are the OLD ones with a new paint job, and that's not really worth the price they're asking either.

So no...like I stated earlier in this thread...I'm NOT impressed with the NEW vehicles #1, and #2 the price is making me pass on the ones that are semi-decent repaints of older vehicles, and that's why I think they're not moving so much as the figures themselves are.

I still think the "efforts" there....they did just come out with a new movie for G.I.Joe. I just don't think the mentality and imagination of it's handlers are as sharp and interesting as they use to be or could be.