DCUC Wave 8 SHORTAGE!

Shanks

Hi - Mattel has just informed us that they were not able to fully fill our order for DC Universe wave 8 figures. We were able to fill the vast majority of orders, but unfortunately we did not receive enough to fill your order. We do have quite a few unpaid orders that will cancel in 10 - 14 days, so some stock may become available then, and our system would automatically re-allocate those figures to the next person in line. We may also have pending orders that other customers decide they no longer want, when those orders cancel they will also automatically go to the next person in line.

We will keep your order open and hope that it will fill as cancellations come through. If you prefer not to wait or take the chance that your order may not fill, feel free to cancel your order with us and purchase them elsewhere. I'm extremely sorry for the fulfillment problem on this wave.

Please note that we did receive adequate quantities of certain figures from wave 8, so please check the DC Universe 8 menu below to see if there are viable substitution options for you:

THE ABOVE EMAIL WAS RECEIVED FROM BBTS EARLIER IN THE WEEK!

THIS CONCERNS ME!

THEY DO HAVE SOME FIGURES AVAILABLE BUT NOT ALL.

HOW LOW ARE MATTEL'S PRODUCTION LEVELS?

I think too many people are worried because they haven't gotten wave 8 and wave 9 already showwing up. People said the same things with wave 2 and they kept shipping for quite a while. Since wave 10 is exclusive to walmart and wave 11 is due out until January I wouldn't be too worried about it.

I've only seen wave 8 in Dallas once, and it was at a Toys R Us. We got tons of that "best of" wave that just sits on the shelves.

Glad I got mine at various cons this year.

ETC has a similar situation, they got half their wave 8 order a few months back and were waiting for the rest, and they were just informed the rest would not be coming. Basically Mattel have sold out on Wave 8, they've made a shipped all that they're going to.

Wow. Once again, Mattel screws its customers.

I've only been able to find half of this wave in stores. TRU had Doctor Fate, the Vigilante, Commander Steel, and Mr. Terrific. I've never seen a Hawgirl, Gentleman Ghost or either Parademon at all. I guess now I never will.

Most of my TRU's have cleared out this brief supply of Wave 8 and are back to sitting on Captain Colds. None of my Targets have ever received anything from Wave 8 and have been sitting on Cyborgs and Wonder Women for months. Does this mean these Targets are just NEVER going to receive Wave 8?

Yet we'll still buy their toys.

I just saw wave 8 at TRU yesterday, actually. Every figure minus Gentleman Ghost and Hawkgirl-the two that interest me most.

My buddy is more interesed in this stuff than I am so I got him on the phone and he asked me to pick up one of whoever they had there for him. I ended up leaving with $62 worth of figures for him but it's very possible his wife won't let him keep all of them. Now if he can just come back from out of state....

Im in the same boat as arowdygator. I think my wave 8 arrived in may, maybe earlier. It was definatly right after they shipped wave 7 to me. Now I have never seen wave 8 in stores, not one bit of it. Around here the newest figs are still the first part of wave 7 and nothing else, and those have been trickling in for well over 6 months. Its really sad as no new product on the shelves just kills interest.

I preordered from BBTS late, after they had started showing up in retail. This was when I figured I probably wouldn't be able to find them locally, as the shelves were full of Captain Colds and Best Of cases.

Given Mattel's track record of fulfilling orders, I also didn't have much faith that my preorder would be filled, so as soon as Toysrus offered half of wave 8 online, I placed my order in. I would check BBTS periodically, and discovered they had the other half of the wave (I guess due to the split cases), and immediately ordered those on BBTS and cancelled my preorder for the entire wave.

Long story short, I had a late preorder for Wave 8, but cancelled it when I was able to get half of the wave from TRU and the other half from BBTS. I've gotten shipping notices for both halves, so hopefully I'll have the set by the end of the week.

reason for not getting marvel legends: I couldnt keep up

reason for not getting Dc universe: COULDNT FIND THEM!

reason for still getting gi joe and hasbro heroes?: THERE EVERYWHERE!

reason for not getting marvel universe?: Waiting till later waves to get best figures

reason you might still be reading this?: Huh I dont know

Yes, but for how long? I for one am getting really tired of all the distribution problems, split cases, and non-existent walmart exclusives. Now we have to deal with shortages as well? Take all that and add in the whole Gleek fiasco and you have a toyline that's becoming less and less enjoyable to collect.

Well just hit up several stores, and only one, Target, had any remnants of wave 8. I was able to score the Parademon, of course the Super Powers version, and Hawkgirl!!! Love that Parademon, it's so cool!!!! Can't wait to find Mantis. Anyhow check your Targets, you may get lucky Or you may not, the other 2 I checked either had the same crusty figures or they had a brand new case of wave 6!! Oi!!! Target is always playing catch up when it comes to Wal Mart!!! So they might be a good place to check for wave 8 later on????

I was able to find Hawkgirl, Gentleman Ghost, Dr. Fate (classic), and Parademon (superfriends) at wal-mart a couple of weeks ago. Commander Steel, Mr. Terrific, and Vigilante all got ordered from TRU.com.

I would have preferred the comics version of the Parademon, and I've still got my eyes open for him.

Yes, but for how long? I for one am getting really tired of all the distribution problems, split cases, and non-existent walmart exclusives. Now we have to deal with shortages as well? Take all that and add in the whole Gleek fiasco and you have a toyline that's becoming less and less enjoyable to collect.

For you and me, yes. You raise all valid points. Add to that the ever-increasing price of a wave.....some people are STILL going to overlook all of this and put thier money down for MAttel at any opportunity. That's why they can get away with anything. Whatever they put out, sells out.

Just an update: I called it right! My buddy's wife put the kabash on him buying all those wave 8 figs so I returned them to TRU this past Monday. I just happened to go back there today for the heck of it and they were all gone (of course) except for the red dragon guy (forgot his name). BUT! Some low-life went and STOLE the Giganta piece out of the box! Closed the box up all nice and tidey too before he returned it.

If you're reading this, the guy who stole the BAF part from the DCUC figure at the Maplewood, MN Toys R Us...way to go A-hole! On your next date, when she asks what you like to do for fun, tell her you like to go through the trouble of buying toys so you can steal the little pieces out of them and then return them for a full refund. See how far that gets ya.

w00t finally get the set. half from tru.com half from bbts. oddly though, i got the variant dr. fate when i had ordered the regular one (the variant was "sold out"). i prefer the modern dr. fate, but i'm not really sure what to do about the yellow gloves and yellow cape. would a gold sharpie work at all? heh.