Who here believes that Marlon Wayans "RIPCORD", should have been Marlon Wayans "ALPINE"

JANMUGAR PRIME

Just as the topic title says, Marlon Wayans played G.I.JOE's RIPCORD; WE ALL KNOW that WALLACE WEEMS is ONE of the main HALO Jumpers in the JOE's unit.....

post-7426-1250900824_thumb.jpgpost-7426-1250900862_thumb.jpg

but his personality and appeal portayed by MWayans in the ROC movie, are loosely based on the Joe's premiere Mountain Trooper a.k.a. ALPINE. just as he was developed in the 1980's G.I.JOE tv cartoon.

post-7426-1250900926_thumb.jpg

post-7426-1250901128_thumb.jpgpost-7426-1250901290_thumb.jpg

post-7426-1250901311_thumb.jpg

so, What do u think?. would that be a GO? If only IF?

or maybe another JOE pilot like the G.I.JOE JOE Sky Patrol's STATIC LINE.

post-7426-1250904268_thumb.jpg

He's totally Stalker, right down to his close friendship with the guy who got blamed when the Baroness' brother was killed.

In the comics, it was Snake-Eyes. In the movie it was Duke.

Stalker also has a friendship with Scarlett and Snake-Eyes in the comics, and Ripcord spends most of the movie "stalking" Scarlett, and while they kiss at the end of the film, there's much more of a trio at work there than a couple.

The only connection Ripcord has to Alpine is his friendship with a complete re-re. And by that, I mean Chaning Tatum, not Duke.

I had never really considered Alpine. to me he is mostly Stalker, with bits of Roadblock (friendship of Duke) and bits of ripcord (newbie) and maybe even guys like airtight (the jokesters)

I can see Marlon as Alpine.

SHAWN Wayans could be Stalker.

Then, they could make Ripcord and Alpine brothers. Not that I'd want them to, mind you.

Alpine? Alpine doesn't even work for the character. So why Alpine? Becuase the character is black?

And, no, I'm not "attacking" anyone with the statement.

Actually the characteristics presented by Movie Ripcord better represent Ace's background (minus the poker playing).

As the others said, Stalker makes more sense. Maybe Slip-Stream since he was black, briefly in one of the comics?

I'm at a loss why the picked the name "Ripcord" in the first place when the team had several ACTUAL pilots.

Im with you guys, he's Stalker all the way with just a pinch of Ace thrown in. Guess the execs at Paramount didnt like the idea of one of the main characters being named Stalker. Im sure they had no idea what joe is about and to them Ripcord sounded more marketable.

The movie Ripcord's personality was nothng like Stalker.

If they made him Alpine he WOULD be closer,personality-wise, with what we knew from the cartoon. But then NOTHING from the movie ties closely to what we knew from the cartoon so what does it matter?

He looks like the Alpine and Stalker I've known for the last 24 and 27 years. But I didn't mind him as Ripcord. In fact, I went in to the movie expecting him to be the worst part of it all and actually found myself not bothered by him.

That's more than I could say for Duke. @eyerise@

ALPINE fits more closely to what Wayans's performance was.

STALKER has been the RESPONSABLE, TRUST HIM ALL THE WAY, SERIOUSLY, LOVING FATHER and HUSBAND, FOCUSED FIELD LEADER or OFFICER IN COMMAND, NEVER A COMEDY, LRRP, G.I.JOE. ALWAYS!!!

Wayans was a little more LIGHT HEARTED like ALPINE was in the tvshow, something more like the , c'mon BAZOOKA bro! lets kick some COBRA ass!, right?

I didnt think it was a big deal. Was dial tone a chick? NO but resolute fans loved it! duke is the stereotyped soilder. Nowadays soilders act like channing tatum. my complain was that cobra commander wasnt there till the end! And ripcord is not that big of a character. I also thought british heavy duty was a little sketchy but it was okay

Yeah Heavy Duty should of been Roadblock

Ripcord should of been Stalker

and Duke should of been Douche (Tatum not the REAL Duke)

ALPINE fits more closely to what Wayans's performance was.

Wayans was a little more LIGHT HEARTED like ALPINE was in the tvshow, something more like the , c'mon BAZOOKA bro! lets kick some COBRA ass!, right?

I can see a little similiarity there. It's been made now and nothing can be changed. Even if there was a sequel he's still going to be "Ripcord".

I didnt think it was a big deal. Was dial tone a chick? NO but resolute fans loved it! duke is the stereotyped soilder. Nowadays soilders act like channing tatum. my complain was that cobra commander wasnt there till the end! And ripcord is not that big of a character. I also thought british heavy duty was a little sketchy but it was okay

Actually, Resolute fans didn't love Dial Tone as a woman for the most part. So much so that it was actually asked by fans and made it to the top 3 questions asked to the makers of the Resolute cartoon. It was adressed in the answers on video and they stated they were well aware of the overall negative response to it.

A simple google search can lead you to a link of the video.

There is even talk that the current female "DialTone" which is a hodge podge of Cover Girl and Helix parts has had something put on her filecard. It states she is Jack Morelli's baby sister who joined the ranks of Joe to find her brother who is currently "missing."

Soldiers do not act like Tatum. There may be some out there, but the overall majority of soldiers, serving a tour, do not speak nor act like a character from step up. The closest anyone in the movie who comes to acting like real soldiers was Heavy Duty. Remember also that this was a movie aimed at kids and it's meant to turn all of the facts and realism down a few notches.

I agree that Ripcord is not that big of a character. Apparently someone involved with the script or the film thought otherwise and used him. He's not that big, but out of a cast of 200 Joes in a film with just 7 or 8, he's used. And he's changed dramatically from looks to personality.

they cant do roadblock cause he speaks in ryhme. But im sure he will be used in time ;)

Putting Roadblock in the film would not mean he instintively spoke in rhymes. He never spoke in rhymes in the comics. That was simply something used in the Sunbow and Dic cartoons.

It wouldn't be that hard to pen him as a character and leave the rhyming out. In fact, I think it would be alot easier to give him dialogue that doesn't rhyme.

Heavy Duty was used because Beatty liked him.

Actually, Resolute fans didn't love Dial Tone as a woman for the most part. So much so that it was actually asked by fans and made it to the top 3 questions asked to the makers of the Resolute cartoon. It was adressed in the answers on video and they stated they were well aware of the overall negative response to it.

There is even talk that the current female "DialTone" which is a hodge podge of Cover Girl and Helix parts has had something put on her filecard. It states she is Jack Morelli's baby sister who joined the ranks of Joe to find her brother who is currently "missing."

Soldiers do not act like Tatum. There may be some out there, but the overall majority of soldiers, serving a tour, do not speak nor act like a character from step up. The closest anyone in the movie who comes to acting like real soldiers was Heavy Duty. Remember also that this was a movie aimed at kids and it's meant to turn all of the facts and realism down a few notches.

I agree that Ripcord is not that big of a character. Apparently someone involved with the script or the film thought otherwise and used him. He's not that big, but out of a cast of 200 Joes in a film with just 7 or 8, he's used. And he's changed dramatically from looks to personality.

My bad, good to hear about the dial tone situation and sorry nice to knoe about duke its just that my friend in the army acts like that #Granade#

AND THANK GOD ON ROADBLOCK! its like spytroops beachehad acting like a surfer when I know him as a hard as nails somewhat pshyco!

Marlon Wayans' character with neither Ripcord, Alpine, nor Stalker. I really can't believe some people think he should have been Stalker. Stalker was a skilled soldier and leader while Rip was neither.

Marlon Wayans' character was Cool-Breeze.

My bad, good to hear about the dial tone situation and sorry nice to knoe about duke its just that my friend in the army acts like that #Granade#

AND THANK GOD ON ROADBLOCK! its like spytroops beachehad acting like a surfer when I know him as a hard as nails somewhat pshyco!

Your friend would probably have made a better Duke since he actually has Army protocol and combat experience!

Your friend would probably have made a better Duke since he actually has Army protocol and combat experience!

Nah he may be serious in the army but im better friends with his brother whos more ripcord! He could make a good tunnel rat!

I'm sure this is how it went down early in the scripting process...

Hmmm...Tatum wants to be the ninja but we wanna show off his handsome face so nix to that, we'll make him Duke. And Wayans is on board no matter what character we make him so let's just look at our plot.

Plot requires Duke's buddy to fly a plane...hmmmm...can't be Alpine...can't be Stalker.

Call is placed to Larry Hama.

Hey Larry, are there any joes that could be on the ground in the beginning and then fly a plane later?

Well, Ripcord could but he...

Thanks, Larry, Wayans is Ripocord. Perfect!