Marvel Legends Fan Choices revealed

Rollo Tomassi

Welcome to majority rule.

Yup! That’s the same majority that got Bush into office. Twice! The majority tends to be stupid, brain-dead, mindless lemmings that do what they're told. Welcome to reality. @smilepunch@

Deadpool is a thoughtless vote. I stand by that and I'm not alone. #US1#

It'd be alot easier to stomach remakes of characters if we were actually getting ML figures regularly. There's been slim pickings as far as ML goes, so I had really hoped for all new characters. If we were getting 8 figure waves every couple months I'd be more ok with this. If that was the case, they'd probably have made Deadpool already in a regular wave of figures, which would have given us more freedom in the fan's choice poll.

I voted for Valk to finish off my Defenders

Cosmic Spidey cause I am a Spidey geek

and Marvel Boy cause he needs a fig......NOW

I can't believe the results. I really wanted that White Phoenix and Havok.

I trully believe that the reason AOA Sunfire didn't sell that well is because he was such a sucky character. I am willing to bet the FA Storm would have sold alot more.

What I don't understand is why Hasbro would bother making prototypes of popular characters never to release them?

I almost wish that Hasbro would have something comparable to Mattycollector.com.

This is the only way we are going to see characters like revamped Phoenix, FA storm, Northstar and Aurora, Havok, and Warpath.

Who voted for Deadpool anyway? A new marvel legend Deadpool was a no brainer anyway for those who didn't get the toybiz version.

Who voted for Deadpool anyway? A new marvel legend Deadpool was a no brainer anyway for those who didn't get the toybiz version.

Who did? I did. He was my top choice out of the list and thus I voted for him. I also really wanted Red Hood and Constrictor, but sometimes that is how life goes.

I still find it interesting that not even a year or so many of the online populace was chomping at the bits for a new designed Deadpool by Hasbro since many missed out on the intial Toy Biz release 5 years ago. However he gets thrown in a Marvel movie (where they destroyed the character) and then rumors of an actual Deadpool movie (which will be at least 2+ years away) and people call him a wasted vote now. I don't feel like waiting for 2 more years to get a movie Deadpool. Seeing as generally the movie figures are horrible anyways.

What it comes down to, more so, is people wanted others to win other than Deadpool. Which is fine. We all are rightfully selfish in what we want in our collections. I could care less about a FA Storm, Warpath, Amazing Bagman, etc... but others want them. I don't care about Valkyrie - but some do. And good for them for getting the character.

We are all fans and a community. Instead of knocking each other for not voting how we did and not getting every character we want - why not congratulate those who won and be glad the line is continuing allowing for the possibility of more new characters.

The Marvel figure I want the absolute most? Death's Head I. Will I ever get a ML of him? I wouldn't bet my life on it, but that doesn't mean I will be angry when other figures other fans want are made. I'm selfish in my collection - just not spiteful.

What it comes down to, more so, is people wanted others to win other than Deadpool.

Deadpool was a sure bet to be made with or without this poll. Plus that fact that he hasn't been released in 5 years doesn't help your argument, it helps ours. It only places him even more so in the group of figures/characters inevitably (despite this poll) going to be released again. For Christ sake, we got a freaking resculpted Vision! Deadpool didn't need to win this poll. It's an utter wasted slot. What it comes down to is common sense...or more so some voters lack thereof.

• 1 month later...

I was the same as alot of you guys with Deadpool (Real Happy bout this one) and Black Widow being winners, but upsest that Constrictor or Fantomex wasn't one of the selections

Maybe because everyone was voting for figures that would already get made like deadpool @hmmm@ @bH@

• 2 weeks later...

I think the fact that there's a Deadpool movie coming is a non-issue, since Hasbro no longer makes 6" movie figures. I think those Walmart two packs will be the last we'll see.

So yeah, I voted for Deadpool. Why on earth should I not vote for my favorite? I have the old figure, and he sorta sucks. His hands don't hold his gear, and his shoulder balls are way too big. The new one looks to be an improvement, although we'll have to see.

I also voted for Valkyrie. It's just who I wanted to see... no conspiracy theories here.

I wonder if they'll include other figures from this contest, or all different figures?

Anyone got any predictions on who gets included? In the past, the two packs have sorta "made sense" - either the two figures are partners, or enemies.

So who goes with Deadpool? None of the others from the contest really make sense to me. Same for the others two really.

And does anyone know when the other three figures will get announced?

I was the same as alot of you guys with Deadpool (Real Happy bout this one) and Black Widow being winners, but upsest that Constrictor or Fantomex wasn't one of the selections

Maybe because everyone was voting for figures that would already get made like deadpool @hmmm@ @bH@

That's just not a given at all. There's no guarantee that any more 6" figures will get made beyond these two packs. So why are you so sure that a Deadpool was coming?

I think the fact that there's a Deadpool movie coming is a non-issue, since Hasbro no longer makes 6" movie figures. I think those Walmart two packs will be the last we'll see.

Last I read was that the Deadpool movie was shelved because Ryan Reynolds committed to the Green Lantern movie instead.

There's no guarantee that any more 6" figures will get made beyond these two packs. So why are you so sure that a Deadpool was coming?

Nothing has been stated that the 6" scale is being abandoned for good. Suggestions have been polled, prototypes have been displayed from past candidates--there at least appears to be a commitment to the scale in SOME form, for the time being.

When that changes, it will surely be announced.

Last I read was that the Deadpool movie was shelved because Ryan Reynolds committed to the Green Lantern movie instead.

There have been no reports of the movie being shelved Producer of the X-Men movies Lauren Shuler-Donner stated:

On Deadpool:

"I don’t see it as a problem that Ryan [Reynolds] is also playing Green Lantern. I mean, look at Harrison Ford – he was in Stars Wars and Indiana Jones at the same time and everyone was fine with that. Green Lantern could not be more different to Wade Wilson. Green Lantern is a guy who finds a ring and is thrust into this world, much like Spider-Man. Wade Wilson is a bad ass, a wise-cracking mercenary, who will go out and kill anyone for money. But the thing about him is that, underneath it all, and he wouldn’t want you to know this, sometimes he’s not such a bad ass after all."

quoted from www.empireonline.com

Based on the pictures, Black Widow is a repaint of Shanna the She-Devil (the hair is the give away), Deadpool is already in my collection, b ut i only got it because of Doop, and the Valkyrie rocks, as i hope my Defenders roster will be complete one day (in my dreams i see Nighthawk, Hellcat and Gargoyle). I'm surprise thou that Madrox or Phantomex didn't win thou as i know they are very popular with X-men fans.Nut my real wet dream would be a two-pack with classic Ultron and Jocasta from Avengers n. 162.

How come a lot of people are complainin' that Deadpool will be made regardless?

Anyone who collects joe remembers the DD fan poll 3 pack? People were bitching that Serpentor didn't win yet other ppl have said that they would make the fig later so voting for him would be a waste. Aside from Sepentor, other characters that people wanted were not made

Although Serpentor was created for the 25h anniversary series, the toy was a new version as oppose to the ver seen in the comicbooks

We have no idea if Deadpool would be created, so complainin that the char would get remade is silly. Who's to say Hasbro will put heavy hitters with the winners? For we know, the 2nd figs could be runner ups

Also, people voted for sunfire since ppl loved the AOA costume and it was a character that never receiveda ML toy before.

I doubt FA Storm would not be peg warmers since FA storm had two figures before, one of which was somewhat of a peg warmer. IMO, I think people are more likely to buy a toy that never had a fig before rather than a semi popular character in a different outfit, online

• Like 1

Based on the pictures, Black Widow is a repaint of Shanna the She-Devil (the hair is the give away), Deadpool is already in my collection, b ut i only got it because of Doop, and the Valkyrie rocks, as i hope my Defenders roster will be complete one day (in my dreams i see Nighthawk, Hellcat and Gargoyle). I'm surprise thou that Madrox or Phantomex didn't win thou as i know they are very popular with X-men fans.Nut my real wet dream would be a two-pack with classic Ultron and Jocasta from Avengers n. 162.

Someone said that all the figures they displayed were basically customs and the actual figs they will release may/will be different/new.

Does anybody know if Hasbro still plans to release that Jim Lee Gambit? The one in the blue and yellow suit. I really hope that Hasbro does a two-pack with him soon. That Gambit would be cool with a Storm or a new and improved Psylocke in the Jim Lee duds to go with him. This set would compliment last years Wolverine/ Forge 2-pack.

I'm pretty sure that we're getting a Winter Soldier in MU, but I haven't heard about ML. I'm disappointed that Paper Bag Spidey didn't get in. I hope he gets packed with Black Widow or something.

if he doesn't get in they could at least put him in the spiderman classics...

We should respect the poll results as factual. I am of the belief that the results reflects actual opinion and we should now support the line if it is to survive. I just need the Valkyrie to have a tweak with double joint knees to make it more desirable for me. Deadpool would be a welcome addition for my shelf next to my 2 pack Cable. Black Widow replaces that ugly whore from 2004. Truthfully, I voted for Havok, Fantomex and Brother Voodoo, but we should keep the line afloat by supporting it. Griping and moaning won't do anything and only sow more discontent at Hasbro and thereby build less support for the Legends line. The new sculpts happen to be a real major improvement over the outdated releases of these two characters, so I have no objection to these selections. As SDCC showed, they mentioned the line can only survive with our continued support, and they delivered us the prototypes they worked hard to show to keep the line alive and running. Next year will be a crucial year for Legends and the ball is now on our court . . .

I am 100% behind ml line because I have every one made since 2002.I just wish hasbro would concentrate more on the 6 in. instead of the 3.75 in. All I want now is thunderstrike to complete all of the thor versions.