Marvel Legends Fan Choices revealed

Rollo Tomassi

valkryie?!! valkryie?!! valkryie?!! !!! Really did anyone here or anyplace actually vote for her?!!! :D Letts see ...

valkryie ... upcoming thor movie ...

deadpool .... movie ...

black widow ... ironman 2 ....

I smelllll bulllshitttt :D I

I'm going to perfectly honest with you guys (and may get flamed for it)

But I voted for Deadpool, wolverine and the amazing bag-man, the last 2 just for fun.

The thing with these pools is, casual fans and people who don't even buy the product can vote. So what is the most popular or cool looking wins. Deadpool is popular! Black widow is Hot and I really can't answer the last one. it may have just been the cause of a lot of division and close votes.

Oh now this is BS. We already have a Deadpool and Black Widow and Valkrie is in the Thor movie. B Freaking S. You name 3 people that didn't vote for Paper Bag Spidey. Crap.

Seems suspicious at the very least. I can see Deadpool, but the other two are questionable, especially Valkyrie.

As others have pointed out, the fact these are all upcoming Marvel movie characters is supposed to be just some coincidence, right?

Lame.

I called Deadpool and Black Widow. I voted Black Widow.... she was much needed as the other figure is ugly as sin! Deadpool I did not see a need for but many missed him so I figured he would get the nod. The Valkrye surprises me..... I figured it would be Phoenix...... at least hoped.... sigh maybe she will get packed with Deadpool.... hey its Hasbro and they make no sense sometimes ;) I expect Wolverine to get packed with him though.

Draven

I was really pulling for Bi-Beast. I have a feeling we'll never get him unless they pack him in with Valkyrie. I'm a little disappointed we'll be getting 2 repeats (although they are better, I still value new characters over better versions of characters I already have), but I know that a lot of people missed out on them, so I'm ok with that. I still was hoping for more new characters, hopefully the other figures in the 2 packs are new characters.

I think people might have forgot that Valkyrie was supposed to be part of the Hulk Marvel Legends (BAF Fing Fang Foom) originally. Which I think is more of the reason behind her inclusion as one of the three and not the Thor movie. They probably already started her when putting together that wave, so this is another cost cutting method. Have to say getting two figures that have already been done is a bit of a bummer. They look good and all but would much rather had figures that haven't had the legends treatment (how hard is it for them to make a modern Luke Cage to finish off my New Avengers, sheesh). It'll be interesting to see who they pair them up with for the two packs, I'm not even sure Hasbro has explicitly said the that the three they would choose would come from the line up we saw. Which wouldn't be terrible in my opinion, as I would love to see a modern (Bucky) Captain America to go with Black Widow. Oh well, guess just have to wait an see, as they always say, more money for the price hike on DCUC I guess.

Deadpool seems like an utter waste. I’m sorry, but a vote for Deadpool is idiotic. He was a GIVEN! These votes are done to get character we’ll never get otherwise. You may as well have just voted for Spider-Man…because we’ll never get another version of the web head. Pssh! @smilepunch@

Now I highly doubt we’ll ever get Constrictor, Bi-beast, and a few of the other obscure ones. At least Valkyrie won...

I am thinking and getting rumblings of Phoenix, Hulk and Wolverine being put in to add mass market consumer appeal...... you guys may think I am kidding but I have feeling those 3 will be it. Phoenix and Deadpool, Hulk and stupid woman... lol and Black Widow and Wolvy. Btw what happened to Jesse saying we would be getting a Winter Solider in ML form in a recent issue of TF...... i wonder what else they have planned.

Draven

Deadpool seems like an utter waste. I’m sorry, but a vote for Deadpool is idiotic. He was a GIVEN! These votes are done to get character we’ll never get otherwise. You may as well have just voted for Spider-Man…because we’ll never get another version of the web head. Pssh! @smilepunch@

Now I highly doubt we’ll ever get Constrictor, Bi-beast, and a few of the other obscure ones. At least Valkyrie won...

Yup another thing that annoys me about votes like this ... You know we are going to get deadpool anyways so why vote for him! Really?! Constrictor would have been a more awesome character & hes been used alot in comics of late like the initiative :P

Also

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=242&itemid=14871

Brings up another point as to just who voted for her :P LOL

Honestly, it wasn't too long ago till everyone was clamoring for a new Deadpool since the Toy Biz one was such a scarce release (not to mention 5 years ago.) And now we get one and people aren't happy... it solidifies my belief that we, as fans, are an unappeasable group.

I am one of the lucky ones who has the original Deadpool and I voted for the newer one and am very happy we will receive him. Sure, a movie is said to be in the works, but there is no telling exactly when this said movie will happen (well... it says 2011 on imdb.com... but I'm going with speculation on that date and still 1-1/2 to 2 years off.)

Of course I also voted for Red Hood and Constrictor too, but that is neither here nor there. I can also understand why Black Widow won being another popular character that could stand a remake and I own the TB version of her as well and will be picking up this one also.

Valkyrie? Well. You got me on that one, but enh can't win 'em all.

I voted constrictor, havok, and fantomex

but honestly...I'm just happy to have Marvel Legends to waste my money on...

Honestly, it wasn't too long ago till everyone was clamoring for a new Deadpool since the Toy Biz one was such a scarce release (not to mention 5 years ago.) And now we get one and people aren't happy... it solidifies my belief that we, as fans, are an unappeasable group.

I am one of the lucky ones who has the original Deadpool and I voted for the newer one and am very happy we will receive him. Sure, a movie is said to be in the works, but there is no telling exactly when this said movie will happen (well... it says 2011 on imdb.com... but I'm going with speculation on that date and still 1-1/2 to 2 years off.)

Of course I also voted for Red Hood and Constrictor too, but that is neither here nor there. I can also understand why Black Widow won being another popular character that could stand a remake and I own the TB version of her as well and will be picking up this one also.

Valkyrie? Well. You got me on that one, but enh can't win 'em all.

I’m sorry…but your entire post gave me a facepalm moment. These votes are intended for characters we’ll most likely never receive otherwise. Voting for a major player in a definitive outfit is effectively wasting your vote. Why wouldn’t we complain about that? We always complain about constant Wolverine and Spider-Man releases wasting spaces for new character slots, this is effectively the same thing. Considering the recent popularity of Deadpool, he was a shoe in for a figure, win or not. It’s just common freaking sense. But Amazing Bagman…are we ever going to get him? I think not. People don’t think when they vote, they vote with their bias. Plus the fact that you’d actually vote for Deadpool when you own the former release blows my mind…what kind of logic is that? I fail to see it.

I’m sorry…but your entire post gave me a facepalm moment. These votes are intended for characters we’ll most likely never receive otherwise. Voting for a major player in a definitive outfit is effectively wasting your vote. Why wouldn’t we complain about that? We always complain about constant Wolverine and Spider-Man releases wasting spaces for new character slots, this is effectively the same thing. Considering the recent popularity of Deadpool, he was a shoe in for a figure, win or not. It’s just common freaking sense. But Amazing Bagman…are we ever going to get him? I think not. People don’t think when they vote, they vote with their bias. Plus the fact that you’d actually vote for Deadpool when you own the former release blows my mind…what kind of logic is that? I fail to see it.

Well, I was under the impression the votes for intended on who I wanted to see in plastic form. And so I voted for exactly that. Not really sure how I am wasting my vote when I am voting for who I want to see, but I suppose this could be all an argument on semantics. Did you vote purely on who you thought would never get made and not for who you would actually like to own? Because if you voted for who you wanted - we have a lot in common. So did I.

I don't weigh in the recent popularity of Deadpool. He has been a favorite character of mine since his early appearances in New Mutants and throughout X-Force. Up until his newest series (apparently they are multiple and he may be out selling Spider-Man now...? Who'da thunk it?) I had every appearance of him in comic form. Will we ever see Amazing Bagman? Not sure and honestly I personally don't care. Not something I had ever wanted. If it had been Captain Universe Spider-Man - then yes I would have voted. I'd also love to see an original Death's Head, but he wasn't on the list either. I looked at the options and voted for who I would buy and actually put on my shelf.

Was my vote bias? Of course it was. I wasn't impartial or thinking about anyone else other than myself when I cast my vote. I'm not worried about others' collections. Why would I be?

And why would I vote for a new Deadpool when I own the original? Same reason I have multiple Snake Eyes, Clone Troopers, Batman, etc... I like the character and want more than just one figure. It's a different and new sculpt. Closer to his modern costume. And... because I wanted him. Simple enough.

We should respect the poll results as factual. I am of the belief that the results reflects actual opinion and we should now support the line if it is to survive. I just need the Valkyrie to have a tweak with double joint knees to make it more desirable for me. Deadpool would be a welcome addition for my shelf next to my 2 pack Cable. Black Widow replaces that ugly whore from 2004. Truthfully, I voted for Havok, Fantomex and Brother Voodoo, but we should keep the line afloat by supporting it. Griping and moaning won't do anything and only sow more discontent at Hasbro and thereby build less support for the Legends line. The new sculpts happen to be a real major improvement over the outdated releases of these two characters, so I have no objection to these selections. As SDCC showed, they mentioned the line can only survive with our continued support, and they delivered us the prototypes they worked hard to show to keep the line alive and running. Next year will be a crucial year for Legends and the ball is now on our court . . .

No vote in these polls is a "wasted" vote. It's not a contest to "get characters we'll never get made" it's a popularity contest, one that's open to anyone that goes to Hasbro's website.

People should have voted for who they wanted, and that's it. YOUR criteria might be "Only characters that haven't been made" but that's irrelevant to what people WANT. Welcome to majority rule.

For the record, I voted:

Havok

Valkyrie

Black Widow