G.I.Joe Rise Of Cobra Wave 5 Figures

The Wire

Thanks for the pics JayC

here's my 2 cents.

- Storm Shadow (Arctic Threat)

It seems to be a homage to my least favorite rah stormshadow. DDP redid it to make it look more camo but hasbro likes to stick with the styles square look. It just looks ugly to me. The more subdued look in the card arts might have been more pleasant on the eyes.

The sai might make a nice repalcement for Deadpools huge sai! It also appears there is some of zip line on the missle? it's hard to tell but might be intersting.

It's an Pass for me.

- Conrad 'Duke' Hauser (City Stirke)

Doesn't look to bad but why a sword? I'll probably pass because there other versions of duke out there already and coming after this that I like more. The blue passes for urban camo and the armor doesn't look so bad, but he does need a helmet or something! I like that we are seeing the goatee fade away.

- Snake-Eyes (City Strike)

Call me crazy but i'll be passing. Initially I loved the resolute SE mold but i realize it's really only some aspects (like the use of goggles, the more detailed gloves, and better articulation I like. He suffers from the same problem as movie se, the super hero chest. That combined with upper thighs that look too big, makes me think I'd be happy with the Target exclusive Se and a equiping with some sort of chest armor.

- Desert Viper

So close! I love the weathering. The main parts are great. Those are some pretty neat weapons. But int he end it suffers from what a lot of cobra troops and Se above suffers from me, No chest protection. It would be so easiy to kill this guy. I don't like the stripes on his harness either. The upcoming HD figure looks like he would make a better cobra desert op with just a simple head switch to an old dremeled out Sand Scorpion from the Spytroops era. They even released a repaint of that in black and gold (and yeap i have one) I'm on the fence here. If i pick this guy up, he will need a few changes.

- Wallace 'Ripcord' Weems (Jungle Assault)

It's tolerable, but i've been passing on every other version of this character and will probably keep it up. It's not bad just not a must have, and I'd rather just grab something else on my want list.

Probably on all pass wave for me. This is sad because there were many movie figs that could have got my cash left to make:

Jinx

A green repaint of the pit commando (same gear)

PP scarlet

PP HD (i am still trying to boycott the character but... i'd just have to give in here, much like the upcoming desert one)

James McCullen

a green suited "Dial-tone"

Dr. Mindbender

Flashback Rex or maybe even Duke(not sure how different he is from the normal desert ones)

I'd even buy a "techno-viper" (the guys in star trek suits)

I'd love to see some of the Sigma suits painted up in camo or a green black combo. Or A classic looking repaints like tan and green duke, blue and yellow or blue and tan Scarlet etc.

Arctic Storm Shadow: I don't get the deal with putting so many arctic guys in dark colors. Why not just put a big red target on their heads. That looks more like an urban versin.

Urban Duke: Does EVEYRONE have to have a sword? I'm not sold on the Sigma armor, but it's not bad looking a figure.

Urban/Resolute Snake Eyes: It's Snake Eyes.

Desert Viper: Doesn't really say "desert to me". He's one I think I'll like more in person. But what's the deal with all the hand to hand weapons?

Jugle Ripcord: I like it, but I hope the hat fits better than in the pic lol.

One interesting aspect of the 25th line the seem to be leaning towards a bit is putting other guys in other outfits.

What I mean is, putting a Ripcord head on a body with a "jungle" theme, you could use that body for an entire team, just switch the heads.

They are saving the proper Resolute all black Snake Eyes for some multi pack. Which means everyone will buy the light grey version first and then get the multi pack just to have the figure is his proper colors. Does anyone remember what multi pack he's coming out in?

all black = "we don't have to bother with detailing" @smilepunch@