Should I go see the Movie.

Agrevane

Well I have been tempted for about two weeks know to go see this G.I.Joe/ Sigma 6 Movie. What has been stopping me is my kid’s age 10 and 14 review of the movie. They said it was nothing like the cartoon. Nothing like any thing you have seen or read in the comic books. That's what to boy told me, who saw the movie. My X in the background said it was like the Duke's of Hazard movie. Hey she loved the Dukes of Hazard, just hated the movie.

The other day I went and bought the video game. It started out ok until Dial Tone popped up on the screen. I never once saw any of my Dial Tone figures with boobs. "Ok" If memory serves me right Dial tone actually had a mustache. I might be getting him mixed up with some one else. But I know he did not have Boob.

After playing the game and listening to my boys who I raised on G.I.Joe tell me, that they did not like the movie. That makes me think twice about spending money on a bad thing and just wait for the video to come out.

I will always love G.I.Joe. Just tired of people making bad movies. The Hulk would be another example of another movie made bad with good intention.

Of course you have to see it. Just lower your expectations. Expect it to not be gijoe or Cobra youve ever known. Expect it to suck really really really bad. Take extra popcorn, and plenty M&Ms. Then you might enjoy it (the popcorn and M&Ms).

Hey thats what I did and it worked for me.

Of course you have to see it. Just lower your expectations. Expect it to not be gijoe or Cobra youve ever known. Expect it to suck really really really bad. Take extra popcorn, and plenty M&Ms. Then you might enjoy it (the popcorn and M&Ms).

Hey thats what I did and it worked for me.

May be i should go to Apple Bees Across the road from the movie place first and chugg a few beers. That would help to. Just don't see how the M&M would work. Unless the M&M's where soked in beer. lol

I didn't like the movie as Joe or as an action flick. The CGI was horrible for $175 million. Look what District 9 accomplished with a price tag of $30 million.

But yeah, Dial Tone is a female now. Repeater and Ripcord are African American. Breaker is Moroccan, and I won't ruin any of the film for you in case you weren't aware, but know that relationships that comic and cartoon fans have always known are changed. And others added.

There is a 5 pack Target or TRU exclusive coming sometime in the fall with Dial Tone (female) Law and Order and Footloose (who look nothing like the ones we know) Repeater (African American. Apparantely the Joes heavy machine gunners have to be African American now) and repaint of Zartan.

I think someone said on the filecard to that Dial Tone it mentions she's his younger sister and joined the ranks of Joe to find her older brother.

I don't know if that's true or not but if it is, I think it means Hasbro saw the overwhelmingly negative response to that and Resolute and took the extra effort to change the situation up a bit. (It was actually adressed by the makers of Resolute in their Q&A segment earlier this year.)

Go see the movie. Don't expect much. At this point it needs all the money it can get to make a profit as it's still very much in defecit at this point.

I didn't like the movie as Joe or as an action flick. The CGI was horrible for $175 million. Look what District 9 accomplished with a price tag of $30 million.

anyone else getting tired of CGI? i liked it better when they really blew sh!t up and had real car chases!

go see the movie, if for no other reason then to see snake eyes and storm shadow fight in live action, thats the only reason i liked the movie i wish they had put more of that in.

TM

I'd go see it if just so that you can properly #$#@# & moan about every little in accurate detail that bugs you & fairly at that ... Since you know ... you have seen it ... rather than just callling it dumb right off the bat with out yknow ... seeing it :P

you probably should just see so you know what other joe fans are talking about, the worst part was Channing Tatum acting, it pretty bad, if you dont like the movie, you can have fun making fun of it

I suggest going to see it, for the following reason:

If you see it, and you like it........you'll have seen it on the big screen. If you don't like it-then at least you have seen it.

If you wait until it comes out on DVD, and see it then and like it.........you'll have missed your chance to see it on the big screen for good.

you probably should just see so you know what other joe fans are talking about, the worst part was Channing Tatum acting, it pretty bad, if you dont like the movie, you can have fun making fun of it

Who did he play?

Ok I finally went and saw the movie, and no I did not like it. The movie had some of it good points and bad points. I took the time out and called my boys up when I got home to compare notes. My oldest boy said the movie was ok it was not the old school how I would like it but it appealed to him. I guess I took them saying I would not like it as they did not like it. My youngest liked the fight seen between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. I on the other hand, did not like the fight seen between Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes. I kept thinking the Rex was Dr Mindbender. One thing I could not get enough of was Christopher Eccleston accent, I cam away from the movie with that accent lol. I have all ways liked him as Dr Who.

I may not have liked it but it should not stop any one from going to see it.

As for the CGI it was ok. Many people may mock the CGI in the movie. Just wondering has any one here tried to do it your self. Trust me its not easy. Kept wondering what CGI program they where using, may be it was 3ds Max. Just kept wondering how big a processor they had to use to render the CGI. I bet it must have been at least 3 terra bites. The CGI of the Delta 6 suits was kind of crummy. They did look to animatronic.

If any one wont to try some CGI for there self’s. Try doing a search for a couple of Program called Gmax or Blinder they are both free. There are some tricks on making movies with Gmax. Just got look for them.

Hope every one has a great day and enjoys the weekend.

Come on people go see the movie it won’t kill ya.

As for the CGI it was ok. Many people may mock the CGI in the movie. Just wondering has any one here tried to do it your self. Trust me its not easy. Kept wondering what CGI program they where using, may be it was 3ds Max. Just kept wondering how big a processor they had to use to render the CGI. I bet it must have been at least 3 terra bites.

Never tried my hand at CGI. Never doubted it wasn't a piece of cake using it. It just seems to me with an overall production cost at $175 million dollars it could have been much better. District 9 had a production total of $30 million dollars and it looked more current to me.

I've honestly seen better CGI on SyFy.

All in all, the CGI was my biggest gripe of the movie.

Did the movie succeed in what is was made to do? Did your sons feel the need to run out and buy up a slew of Joes?

As for the CGI it was ok. Many people may mock the CGI in the movie. Just wondering has any one here tried to do it your self. Trust me its not easy. Kept wondering what CGI program they where using, may be it was 3ds Max. Just kept wondering how big a processor they had to use to render the CGI. I bet it must have been at least 3 terra bites. The CGI of the Delta 6 suits was kind of crummy. They did look to animatron

The software used was probably Maya, because that's pretty much industry standard for off-the-shelf--you can get a PLE version to tinker with it yourself--and yes, its tricky to learn.

Who did he play?

Duke

Well I have been tempted for about two weeks know to go see this G.I.Joe/ Sigma 6 Movie. What has been stopping me is my kid's age 10 and 14 review of the movie. They said it was nothing like the cartoon. Nothing like any thing you have seen or read in the comic books. That's what to boy told me, who saw the movie. My X in the background said it was like the Duke's of Hazard movie. Hey she loved the Dukes of Hazard, just hated the movie.

The other day I went and bought the video game. It started out ok until Dial Tone popped up on the screen. I never once saw any of my Dial Tone figures with boobs. "Ok" If memory serves me right Dial tone actually had a mustache. I might be getting him mixed up with some one else. But I know he did not have Boob.

After playing the game and listening to my boys who I raised on G.I.Joe tell me, that they did not like the movie. That makes me think twice about spending money on a bad thing and just wait for the video to come out.

I will always love G.I.Joe. Just tired of people making bad movies. The Hulk would be another example of another movie made bad with good intention.

I haven't even seen gi joke the rise of crapola and I know as much as someone who's actually seen the film. Honestly this video sums it up.

As for the CGI it was ok. Many people may mock the CGI in the movie. Just wondering has any one here tried to do it your self. Trust me its not easy. Kept wondering what CGI program they where using, may be it was 3ds Max. Just kept wondering how big a processor they had to use to render the CGI. I bet it must have been at least 3 terra bites. The CGI of the Delta 6 suits was kind of crummy. They did look to animatron

The software used was probably Maya, because that's pretty much industry standard for off-the-shelf--you can get a PLE version to tinker with it yourself--and yes, its tricky to learn.

Both Maya, 3DS Max, and Gmax are owned by Discreet. Blinder is very similar to Maya as in being tricky or just complex. Just now getting the hang of Blinder. Just remember any thing you make in any 3D Program can be imported or exported one into the other. You just got to down load the plug.

Did the movie succeed in what is was made to do? Did your sons feel the need to run out and buy up a slew of Joes?

Tell you the truth I have not bought the first new movie related Joe figure. I have bought some of those new 3.75 Marvel figs. My favorite would have to be Dead pool. My boys on the other hand have bought a few of those Movie Joe Figs. I have not seen one of the movie figs I liked, and if i was going to army build. My Cobra army would look a hundred times better that those Crapo Neo Vipers Hasbro came out with.