What We Know So Far about Current Ghostbusters Information

Mattel doesn't have rights to do a GB Louis, but I agree.

No loss there...we need a GB louis as bad as we need his deleted scenes cousin, Eugene Levy action figure.

Ghostbusters II = @puke@

Speak for yourself buddy! I need that Eugene Levy!

And hey, GB2 gets too much flack, back off pal! (I'm a scientist)

I'll not have such hate in my forums. If you've nothing nice to say about GBII, say nothing.

I get the feeling most will say nothing... me on the other hand, I loved it as a kid and I still contend that it is better then most people think. Honestly I had no idea people didn't like it till I started to visit forums.

You and me both, RtP. I love Ghostbusters II, just not as much as I love the original.

Add me, too. You can tell my GB 2 love from my avatar. Watched it during Comic Con after finding out about Vigo. It was the first movie I watched with my newborn son.

You and me both, RtP. I love Ghostbusters II, just not as much as I love the original.

Add me, too. You can tell my GB 2 love from my avatar. Watched it during Comic Con after finding out about Vigo. It was the first movie I watched with my newborn son.

Now if only you had named your son Oscar...

I really don't understand the hate for the GB2. It definitely wasn't as good as GB, but I thought it was a decent sequel. They probably could have taken out certain things and I would have liked it as much as one. Then again some of the things I would take out someone would want to keep in, so it's fine the way it is.

I'm usually a MOC collector of GhostBusters, so when I opened my "Ready To Believe You" and "Courtroom Battle" figures it was a momentous occasion. (I'm keeping the ghosts, but the figures are up for grabs, if anyone needs the heads for customs or something.)

Anyway, the point of this post is that I discovered something great. The Proton Packs on the Courtroom figures are removable! They are connected to the jacket only (not the torso)!

• 3 weeks later...

MattyCollector was all slobs. Did you ever see them sell toys? Starving toy collectors couldn't buy enough. Scalpers would gather in the ides of every month. I've never understood gluttony, but I hate it. I hated that about them. They enjoyed screwing people, being heartless, the thrill of panicking people and making them uncomfortable. It was despicable. They will not be missed.

(If you don't get it, watch The Razor's Edge.)

• 1 month later...

Count me as a fan that loves Ghostbusters II. It may be slightly more "cartoonish" (if that's even the right word) than the first one, or maybe it's more family friendly, but I still absolutely love it to this day. I'd truly love to have it on Blu-ray.

I too am hoping for a blue-ray of GB II. The first is a fav, but I really think some of the scenes in the 2nd one are just as memorable. The singing toaster? "WINSTON!" etc.

One of the things I love about it is the beginning where you get to see what all of the team members have gone on to do with their lives. The scene of Dr. Venkman on the set of his tv show is just priceless. I wish it was a real show. (lol)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow has it already been over a year since this thread was last touched? Well looks like Matty is finally doing an Ecto-1 vehicle! Hurray! With a $225 price point.... really. Common guys, I love the GB, my faves right up there with Thundercats and TMNT, but no way I am going to shell out that much money. Are you kidding me? Im sure some people are all about it and can swing that kind of money on this hobby, but I am not. Yeah I know I can save 20 or 30 a month, but thats not the point, I just dont want to hand Mattel that kind of money and just get an ecto that will sit on a shelf. You can feel Mattel trying to get ever penny out of us for their GB lines, and with good reason, its a great property. I would rather have just had more figures then this.

Thanks but no thanks Mattlel, not at that price. I know its supposed to come with all the bells and whistles, but I just dont care for the way Mattel handled this line, and Id still be pretty happy with a vehicle minus all that if it was under $100, even still though its an easy pass. Just like Mr Stay Puft. Speaking of, anyone wanna take a bet on when these will be recalled due to yellowing?

Wow has it already been over a year since this thread was last touched? Well looks like Matty is finally doing an Ecto-1 vehicle! Hurray! With a $225 price point.... really. Common guys, I love the GB, my faves right up there with Thundercats and TMNT, but no way I am going to shell out that much money. Are you kidding me? Im sure some people are all about it and can swing that kind of money on this hobby, but I am not. Yeah I know I can save 20 or 30 a month, but thats not the point, I just dont want to hand Mattel that kind of money and just get an ecto that will sit on a shelf. You can feel Mattel trying to get ever penny out of us for their GB lines, and with good reason, its a great property. I would rather have just had more figures then this.

Thanks but no thanks Mattlel, not at that price. I know its supposed to come with all the bells and whistles, but I just dont care for the way Mattel handled this line, and Id still be pretty happy with a vehicle minus all that if it was under $100, even still though its an easy pass. Just like Mr Stay Puft. Speaking of, anyone wanna take a bet on when these will be recalled due to yellowing?

I look at this and I think about the GI Joe aircraft carrier from back in the day. Yes, I know there's a 30 year gap between the release of these two vehicles but regardless...Here you have the Ecto-1, a small fraction of the size of the carrier, but more than DOUBLE the price??? Wow. I'm not upset about anything. It's just pretty amazing.

I can't think of anything, aside from prop replicas, that would warrant that kind of money. Why would they price something so high? You priced yourself right out of the game for me. Thanks guys! As if that WEAK Dana "figure" wasn't a sad enough end, now they go and do this. Awesome.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE