Is it just me or do the City Strike figures have a Metal Gear Sollid look and feel to them?

DRACOREX

First, I am not completely hating the ROC stuff like I thought I would...at least for customs. However, when I look at the City Strike stuff it just screams Metal Gear Solid. I am in love with that Scarlett and I really cannot believe I am saying this but City Strike Snake Eyes is now in my top 3 for favorite Snake Eyes figures. I feel like I am in Bizarro World.

Yeah, I think so. I think theres a lot of "Gundam" too.

RoC reminded me of Star Gate.

Hasbro is definately trying to find a niche for Joe in today's world.

I am glad I am not the only one who noticed that. I thought Gundam Wing when I saw the Cobra with steel wings.

I mentioned the same impressions in another thread--there's a definite MGS vibe to them, and personally, I find it very appealing. I like the new Beachhead sculpt a great deal, and the Jungle Viper is very cool looking.

City Strike Snake-Eyes is a repaint of the thus-far unreleased Resolute version which cropped up on eBay a while ago, and looks much better IMHO. I feel for the people who shelled out the mega-bucks the scalpers raked in to get those that did show up...

There is a distinct MGS vibe coming off of most of the 2010 figures, not just 'City Strike'. Firefly, Jungle Viper, Jungle Duke and the Shadow Stalker. Mpst of it feels straight out of Sons of the Patriots... but I'm FAR from complaining!

Tom

I'm digging the MGS vibe. For some reason it just fits perfectly here. I especially love that Firefly. He looks unreal. All the City Strike figures look great to me.

Before the movie the vipers were like army of 2

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. My brother and I played the hell out of that game last summer and we both thought the same. And that's why I thought they were so cool looking.

i say halo 3 with predator and I tink the line needs zombies at this point for some rsident evil!

I can totally see that happening:

Cobra experiments with new nanomites that end up malfunctioning and turning victims into mindless flesh eating zombies.

Then we'd have a new cobra unit....zombie vipers!

But yeah, I definitely notice hasbro looking at other things for inspiration. I am curious as to how those mech suits will be like...exosquad or gundam?

i say halo 3 with predator and I tink the line needs zombies at this point for some rsident evil!

Cobra experiments with new nanomites that end up malfunctioning and turning victims into mindless flesh eating zombies.

But yeah, I definitely notice hasbro looking at other things for inspiration. I am curious as to how those mech suits will be like...exosquad or gundam?

psst, they already did, Toxo-Viper totally a zombie IMO

I think the swords and blades are for a close quarters combat(CQC..ha! more metal gear) wetworks operation. On the street, up close and personal. Honestly, this has been the first thing about the movie stuff that has me paying attention. The customization potential is off the charts. If these were a completely non Joe line I would be buying it. As far as the mechs I would rather see a Gundam type. Dare we hope for a Metal Gear Rex or Ray.

Something else, I would wish for is that Hasbro could be branching out for other properties and using Joe as the test. That is just wishful thinking.

I'm looking forward to ALL the city strike figures the resolute SE and Scarlett molds the Duke doesn't look to bad even though he suddenly has a sword to, and the Beachhead looks fan fricken tastic

I'm looking forward to ALL the city strike figures the resolute SE and Scarlett molds the Duke doesn't look to bad even though he suddenly has a sword to, and the Beachhead looks fan fricken tastic

Hahaha...Duke reminds me of the first time I saw the trailer for Ghost Dog and Forrest Whittaker using a katana. I laughed for about 30 minutes at that. I can understand Scarlett's blades. They even have those in real life. Duke should have an assault rifle and knife for this...unless he got some ninja training with his new UFC gear(lol)

Scarlett's blade's for real:

http://budk.com/spy-watcher-sword/p/43%20BK898/c/6038/

Now I just need a hot redhead to go with them.

psst, they already did, Toxo-Viper totally a zombie IMO

What that neon puke mess?