Will the 25th Style Adventure teams be making their way to retail?

DRACOREX

No, they are exclusive to the GIJOE Collectors club only.

They will NOT be available at retail.

The figures are 95% "Frankenstein-ed" figures--meaning they utilize existing parts for the bodies and might have a new sculpt for the head.

To purchase them, you'll also pay a membership fee on top of the cost of the toys, and get a subscription to the club news letter and a free exclusive figure as well. That's just how it is.

I agree Lame.

Still yet, it might be the thing to FINALLY get me to sign up. That dr. Venom as well as AT joe are amazing!

How is it lame for the GIJCC to produce something and then sell it in their club store? If you don't want to buy from them I'm sure other retailers like BBTS will pick them up and sell them to you for far more of a premium.

-Kevin

It's lame because of the cost and because Hasbro could have put a doctor venom instead of turds like like the buzzer and ripper single card repaints, or the yellow python patrol CG, or the light blue ninja viper or... see the list goes on.

How is it lame for the GIJCC to produce something and then sell it in their club store? If you don't want to buy from them I'm sure other retailers like BBTS will pick them up and sell them to you for far more of a premium.

-Kevin

It's lame because of the cost and because Hasbro could have put a doctor venom instead of turds like like the buzzer and ripper single card repaints, or the yellow python patrol CG, or the light blue ninja viper or... see the list goes on.

Honestly you guys can't possibly think Hasbro would take a chance on any AT figures in 25th style over canon/homage repaints?

25th/ARAH collectors' want lists, before the reveal at the Con, probably looked somthing like:

a) lots of ARAH 25th updates we still haven't seen yet (SciFi, Lowlight,Lifeline, etc.) and no thought of an AT repaint/remold, or

B) the same list with AT as a fantasy wish

I agree with wishing for a Dr. Venom, but either way, with the club doing it now we might never see a mass retail release.

I would be more interested to find out the sales numbers of these AT sets to pre-ARAH collectors to see if they would be willing to buy product that isn't 12"

-Kevin

Honestly you guys can't possibly think Hasbro would take a chance on any AT figures in 25th style over canon/homage repaints?

25th/ARAH collectors' want lists, before the reveal at the Con, probably looked somthing like:

a) lots of ARAH 25th updates we still haven't seen yet (SciFi, Lowlight,Lifeline, etc.) and no thought of an AT repaint/remold, or

I agree with wishing for a Dr. Venom, but either way, with the club doing it now we might never see a mass retail release.

I would be more interested to find out the sales numbers of these AT sets to pre-ARAH collectors to see if they would be willing to buy product that isn't 12"

It was already mentioned that there would be no Doctor Venom so the club decided to pick up the slack.

And the 12" crowd appeared happy while Brian was walking around the show room showing it off to them (aside from the panel).

-Kevin

-Kevin

Do you read arrows or Vh's posts? It's there and I think it would have gotten more love from folks like Clam and others who are against the sci-fi.

I'm not trying to get your opinions wrong, if I do forgive me! I just wanted to point out that i have seen it on lists! I've wanted it!

I do agree however it's not the clubs fault Venom won't be released and I do have a custom already on the shelf (Painting anything white btw, is a pain) If the prices are affordable I'll thank them by purchasing, but I'm not expecting anything.

I've never been a highdollar guy, and probably won't be when it comes to Joe, anytime soon. If i was there are some great commission customizers out there too! Some great parts sites etc. I don't know exactly where the line between fair, and they are ripping us off at , but I do know the amount I can't afford.

Personally, I'm enamored with the set, and am willing to shake hands with the Devil to get it. Dr Venom looks awful, but I'm hoping it's just a mock-up. Either way, I'll be using the Rex labcoat instead of the one issued, which will definitely hide most of the flaws. Since he's the only official release we'll likely ever get, I'm not passing on him for anything.

Getting an Adventurer Colton is also a great thing... he's a character I really see Hasbro passing over, despite the anniversarial appeal, and if I'm proven right, at least I have this one.

Now if these sets sell well, and I have that feeling, I would expect the next set to be the iconic Adventure Team duo: Atomic Man and Bullet Man. Paired with the Land Adventurer (renamed Eagle Eye) that'd pretty much meet all my needs for 12" characters in 4" form. I'll *give* away my Big Lob for that chance...

Now if these sets sell well, and I have that feeling, I would expect the next set to be the iconic Adventure Team duo: Atomic Man and Bullet Man. Paired with the Land Adventurer (renamed Eagle Eye) that'd pretty much meet all my needs for 12" characters in 4" form. I'll *give* away my Big Lob for that chance...

Well, its a known fact that some of the Club staff are HUGE Bulletman fans, I'd say a figure is on the charts, at least conceptually.

I'd do a go-go dance naked over a fire-pit for Atomic Man and Bulletman in 25th Ann. form--and if they tossed in an Intruder............I'd shave off all my hair. Thems would be some sweet figures to have.

well that just killed it for me as they mark up everything.

Really...? They charge HALF of what the majority of customizers charge... And let's not forget they are a company that needs to turn a profit to keep providing toys that we WANT but Hasbro WILL NOT produce. (Yes, I said we. It's we as soon as more than one person wants it, so technically it's also a toy we don't want?)

Example: Alyosha charges about 60-80 for some figures UNPAINTED. (I know you can make your own customs for cheaper)

-Kevin

Really...? They charge HALF of what the majority of customizers charge... And let's not forget they are a company that needs to turn a profit to keep providing toys that we WANT but Hasbro WILL NOT produce. (Yes, I said we. It's we as soon as more than one person wants it, so technically it's also a toy we don't want?)

It still amazes me that some fans who've been collecting for years never remember the key principle behind the price of a toy: more made = lower price.

The production run on a typical Collector's Club item is *always* going to be a small fraction (perhaps 1 or 2%) of a Hasbro mass-retail run. So when some people complain "We're paying 20 bucks per figure for a 15-pack that should cost $8 a figure", those folks just don't get it.

#1, it costs the Club more money to produce the toys than Hasbro, because of how small their production run is. Then, they have to sell each unit for more of a mark-up than Hasbro's (exponentially so) because there are so few units to make a profit off of. Also, they have to ensure they make enough profit to fund the next figure production, because unlike Hasbro they don't have an R&D budget built into their multi-billion dollar company. They're just a bunch of fans (despite what people say) who run a (some would say) fly-by-night company that comes thru a lot of the time for fans.

So, yeah Admiral, you're 100% right. These are akin to customs moreso than a production figure. You can't judge the price of their repaints compared to the same figure at retail, it's just not the same thing. It's a whole different ballgame when you consider new headsculpts and the like... these 25th Adventure Team figures are just not something we'd ever see at retail, and *that's* worth a premium price.

Action Team was just slightly before my time, but I like the looks of these sets. I might pick up the second set with Dr Venom and the fourth set for the sub. I'm guess these will cost out at atleast $30 each, I don't think I've seen a price anywhere. Now if they would do a 25th style Action Man I'd be content for a while after seeing these sets.

It still amazes me that some fans who've been collecting for years never remember the key principle behind the price of a toy: more made = lower price.

The production run on a typical Collector's Club item is *always* going to be a small fraction (perhaps 1 or 2%) of a Hasbro mass-retail run. So when some people complain "We're paying 20 bucks per figure for a 15-pack that should cost $8 a figure", those folks just don't get it.

#1, it costs the Club more money to produce the toys than Hasbro, because of how small their production run is. Then, they have to sell each unit for more of a mark-up than Hasbro's (exponentially so) because there are so few units to make a profit off of. Also, they have to ensure they make enough profit to fund the next figure production, because unlike Hasbro they don't have an R&D budget built into their multi-billion dollar company. They're just a bunch of fans (despite what people say) who run a (some would say) fly-by-night company that comes thru a lot of the time for fans.

So, yeah Admiral, you're 100% right. These are akin to customs moreso than a production figure. You can't judge the price of their repaints compared to the same figure at retail, it's just not the same thing. It's a whole different ballgame when you consider new headsculpts and the like... these 25th Adventure Team figures are just not something we'd ever see at retail, and *that's* worth a premium price.

It's not that some of us don't know this (okay maybe some don't) but i'm sure i'm not the only one who understands but just isn't willing to fork over the cash. It's just too much to spend on a toy, rare or not. Granted we haven't see the actual prizes so we shall see.

I'd honestly be happier with the club if they just sold extras of troop builders straight up from Hasbro. Storage would be a pain, but some army builders are always buying, and a lot of people are looking for resolute troopers. They could just sale them plain old bagged

Which is fine, it's really a matter of those who don't know. The arguement "they charge to much" can mean "it's too expensive for my budget" or "Its more than they should dare ask for this toy."

Obviously, if you meant the former, you're perfectly within your rights. It sucks, and I wish we could all afford everything we wanted. Personally, even I can't afford this stuff, but I'm happily going into credit card debt to amass the collection *I* want, because after the 25th well runs dry, I'll never collect another Joe line the same way.

And these guys are *top* of my list for teams I never thought I'd get and will stop at nothing to own... at least they have been since the Club released the Argentina Joes last weekend... LOL!

I find it annoying when people complain about exclusives. Exclusives are extras we'd never have gotten in the regular line! We should be happy they exist!

Sure, you pay a premium - but that's a part of collecting.

ya this might just get me to join the club, LOVE the idea of this set

plans are for a comic every quarter with the sets so that would be icing on the cake

I frankensteined these a few years ago and only had to scrape the black lines off of 1989 Lowlight. Everything else was just taken apart and swapped around. It may not be the best, but it's pretty good for the price (if you have a bunch of Joes laying around probably FREE). The AT 6WD is the Rolling Thunder Scout Vehicle.

post-14418-1250792000_thumb.jpg

Dont forget almost all exclusives go up for sale to the general public. You do not have to join the club, things just cost more if your not a member.

In my opion these are great sets. There is no way Hasbro would ever have done AT 3 3/4. If they havnt done it in 30 yrs its not happening now. I say kuddos to the club for giving us these. It is a drag that we wont get a mass release Dr Venom, but at least the club is hooking us up.