your not gonna beleive what Mattel just told me...

arowdygator

so, i went online to order tri-klops. went right through to the payment part. said my card wasnt valid, and to re-enter the cc number.

mind you ive ordered before and ive never had an issue. sure the red screen for 10 mins but nothing really major.

well i re-entered the number and it went through, didnt take me that long all in all. so about 1o mins later i get not one but 2 order confrimation emails each with a different number. so i looked up on my bank websited and low and behold, i was charged twice.

i go online to cancel one, but i cant. so i call. i get through and this is what he tells me...

"well sir, there is absoutley no way for us to cancel the transaction on our end. you can wait until the figure comes in and send it back for a refund".

"so ill be charged shipping to and for? basically beig a wash as the fig is only 20?"- me

"yes sir that is correct" - mattel customer service

"well that kinda sucks" - me

"well sir yuo can always put it on ebay or amazon.com and make 5 to 10 times your money back" mattel customer service

that was the conversation. can you beleive that? no way on thier end to stop the transaction and then the gall to say that about ebay?!?!?

so im just gonna put a claim in on my banks end i guess

Dang, synch needs to read this since he had problems today on the order and probably tried more than twice until he's order got thru.

Yeah that's kind of messed up....they most have a really basic e-commerce system. Granted as the dude said, chances are you could make a few bucks off the second figure, not 5 to 10 times your money, but still make a profit. Or even trade him here to another member.

Yeah I had that same problem with one of the figures a few months back. I was told pretty much the same but fortunately later on that day at some point it gave me the option to cancel so I did. I've checked after every order since just to see what kind of time frame we have for cancellation. Unforuntaley, I haven't had a chance to cancel since that time I got lucky, so it seems to me like we purposely can't get a refund. Too bad to, because sometimes the problem really is on their end.

That's really messed up.

I once bought a 6 mo subscription to an MMO. After 3 months I knew I wasn't going to want another 6 months. I had to call to cancel (lame). When I did they said if I cancelled that day, then my access would end that day. I asked them why that would happen since I already paid for 6 months. I should have another 3 months. That all I wanted to do was not be charged again at that time. They repeated that the only thing they could do was cancel my account completely. Or I could call back in another three months to cancel.

I couldn't imagine a worse system. I was wrong.

I must have tried it about 10 times before it worked they better not try to charge me for that ... like I have the cash for that lol! So newbe to credit cards here , what do I do if I get screwed too?.. Call master card & ask them to cancel it orrr?! :S No way I'm taking the fall cause there cra* site tells me I have an invalid card number up :S & yes that is complete bull on there part saying they can't do anything & to just sell it on ebay! Honestly I'd call back & complain about that alone ha!

call cc and tel them to cancel all except one order....btw wheres my triklops? lol

mattel says its ok to sell on ebay woo hoo stop whinning about scalping now lol

dude do you need one?.. I ordered three I was going to take one to the comic shop, see if there was market for em there or not ... PM me if you want one Igot one for pogo too :)

nah im good on triklops maybe another that comes out this year.

Mattel operates like they aren't a major company. Everything is in baby steps. I can call corner store comics regarding my orders and they take care of it right away while on the phone, and they are basically a comic store. Mattel has a bunch of nudnicks working over there, increasing prices, and everything else. This is a stupid, stupid ass company, sorry for your situation.

that happened to me with Mer-Man. Except it wasn't right away like that.

I ordered a few mer-man figures, it wouldn't go through because the site was crashing... so finally I got it to go through and I figured that was the end of it.

then 2 weeks later! They sent me another order and charged me.

the entire time I only received ONE order confirmation!

ok get this.

on the FAQ, it says to cancel order and go to order details and cancel. acutally on order details, it doesnt give you an option. someone form FB messaged me to go to www.findmyorder.com. i was able to cancel it there. whey didnt customer service tell me that? odd...

Just a thought, but would Mattel change the shipping address? You could get reimbursed for cost+ship (via paypal) from fellow MOTU collectors and have the extras shipped to them.

no i dont think so, this wouldnt be a big deal but this fig aint selling out quickly (thankfully) and for me to make my money back on ebay id have to charge 29.99 to break even.

IF YOU USED A CREDIT CARD, YOU CAN CALL UP THE COMPANY AND HAVE THEM STOP PAYMENT ON THE TRANSACTION. IF IT IS DELIVERED BY US MAIL YOU CAN SEND IT BACK UNOPENED FREE AS RETURN TO SENDER.

regards

Joshua

ya im claiming it on my card if it shows up, was already planning that. its not that its the money its just princple it was their fault and the customer services response.

Well if anyone gets an extra tri clops hit me up and lets see what we can work out

strangely enough he is still up for sale ... you can just go buy one from the site :D

Just a thought, but would Mattel change the shipping address? You could get reimbursed for cost+ship (via paypal) from fellow MOTU collectors and have the extras shipped to them.

no i dont think so, this wouldnt be a big deal but this fig aint selling out quickly (thankfully) and for me to make my money back on ebay id have to charge 29.99 to break even.

Er...that's not what I was saying. Find someone who wants to buy the fig from matty. Convince them to give you the money (cost+ship). Then call matty and get them to change the shipping address from you to them.

"well sir, there is absoutley no way for us to cancel the transaction on our end. you can wait until the figure comes in and send it back for a refund".

"so ill be charged shipping to and for? basically beig a wash as the fig is only 20?"- me

"yes sir that is correct" - mattel customer service

"well that kinda sucks" - me

"well sir yuo can always put it on ebay or amazon.com and make 5 to 10 times your money back" mattel customer service

This is disgusting customer service. I'm glad you went public with this situation. You should have told the guy Mattel's customer service wasn't affording you the amount of trust to ever order from them again.

Well I finally got my online account working for my CC & whiel I was on the phoen I asked them to check & I only had the one order from them , at least so far... so all is good with me at least :D!

so i get a shipping confrim form matty.

then i get a email saying they got my cancelation and i couldnt cancel anymore but i could refuse shippment.

then i got a shippment confirm from matty for my second (and mistaken order)

this morning thuogh i check my email and now ithere is only one payment for matty, the other is gone.

so.....will i get another one or jsut the one? we shall see i guess