I caved...

Lady Jaye

Well I went to TRU this morning and found Dr Fate and Commander Steel. I really liked Fate, knew that I would, and picked him up. Left Steel so that I will have something to buy next week!!! @smilepunch@ They also had the Clayface 2 pack, but have no interest in picking that up.

I'll be sticking to this line if I can get everything at Toys R Us, and they continue with the same price. If they go up like everyone else has, will then drop this line. The only thing I will get at Wal Mart should be the exclusives. But the rest of the line I'll be sticking to Toys R Us.

Yeah that's the only reason I did not pick up the 2 pack, the rubber arms. Otherwise I would have gotten them.

And yeah, have been wanting to get Fate since I saw him way back when. Have always liked the look, and is much needed for the Super Powers update!!!

As long as the figure is not exposed to water, the arms should be okay. This is a pic I took for the DC Action Pics post, but you can see that the Clayface on the left is the original from two years back that my son has put through the ringer and it does have some fading in the arm color due to exposure to water and sunlight. If it is strictly for display, I feel it would hold up for quite some time.

Picture082-2.jpg

Hey guys new here . Hello , hello and holla . I have the wrestling figures from years ago with the same material and they have help up pretty well . I had to send them back to JAKKS as the initial run dry rotted something fierce but they fixed the rubber and all was right with the world. I would imagine the technology wasn't lost in the Jakks lab and was passed on to other manufactures. I could be wrong though. Mine is still good but if they start to dry up and look like sponge then he's doomed.

I don't mind the arms. It sucks he cant pick anything up or hold anything, but it does look more like clay than the paint. Just my opinion

True, but the arms are a different color to the rest of the figure which doesn't look that nice.....not a deal breaker, but definitely a disappointment and worth noting.

I don't mind the arms. It sucks he cant pick anything up or hold anything, but it does look more like clay than the paint. Just my opinion

True, but the arms are a different color to the rest of the figure which doesn't look that nice.....not a deal breaker, but effeminately a disappointment and worth noting.

I see what you mean. I guess a big part of it is the lighting. See I have him here on my desk at work and, except for the glossyness of the paint, I can't tell a color difference. But when I first bought it and was looking at him at home, that was one of the first things I noticed.

I wish I could find fate

I have the Clayface /Batman 2 pack

I love this set and Clayface has rubbery arms

I found a Dr. Fate at TRU last week and was going to buy him, but for some reason it wouldn't ring up. The lady tried looking it up in the computer and then calling someone, but I had to get to work and people were waiting in line, so I told her not to worry about it.

That would have been the first DCUC figure purchase for me since a Wave 2 Firestorm, but "fate" stepped in and kept me a non-DCUC collector.