where are these guys getting these!!?!

PhoenixSword

are they customs? knock offs? they look factory made to me. like those knock offs i bought off ebay and posted a long time ago. the guy had youtube videos with hundreds of blue and red troopers

tan trooper from china

black trooper from china

red trooper from china

camo trooper. if someone on here wins this lmk if the figures ships from somwhere in florida. lol cuz then its the same guy.... the camo patern on all of them is exactly the same so factory made? where? how? in some guys basement? I WANT SOME lol if it is the same seller i've dealt with (who had multiple accounts on ebay...) then at least hes not trying to say they are made by hasbro. i appreciate that...

the same seller also has a red and black one identical to the ones from china

and this white one which is AMAZING looking white one

I am not a big fan, and I don't get why they are going for so much money.

I love the part that says , "So, bid or not, it's your choice, we don't have lots of those figures, if one day , we don't sell it , that means it might be disappeared."

ahehahahehahaha

asked the seller a question and he said he did not make them. But he's located in florida like that guy i bought fake troopers from. (who said his grandpa or dad or something got the figures from a hasbro factory in south america or something :rolleyes: ) I'm guessing this guy got them from some source in china? maybe lol who knows. still they're pretty neat though

• 2 weeks later...

I won a white cobra soldier and a jungle version and yeah they come from Florida. I don't know how he got these figures but there outstanding and you really can't tell that they weren't factory produced by the big H. I liked them so much I'm army building both and now have 6 atric ones and 11 jungle versions to add to my massive Cobra (2000 strong) army.

I also own the three versions that come from China. These are good quality but the plastic used to make the figures is a little off. It feels like it's, and I hate to say it, of a cheaper quality. They figures are still great customs and was glad to add them to my collection. I would add pictures but still figuring out how to post them to this site. My ebay name is max(6.9) if your interested in looking at them thou.

I dont believe I would buy any of the colored troopers except maybe the desert one. I wish these guys would make some bootleg Ninja vipers and red ninjas using the original StormShadow mold.

I bought a lot of eight of the regular blue troopers from the guy whose "grandpa got them from someone" and then I bought thirteen more from another seller(possibly the same person but different states listed who got them at a yard sale) the first batch were ok except for the o-rings but I switched them out. the second batch which were in "exellent condition" had slightly messed up emblems and each joint on thier arms was extremly loose. sucks that they wounldnt except returns and I paid over $100 dollars!

All these figures are bootlegs I believe. I like them though and will buy more.

these are knock offs made in china... I'm guessing they're the same quality as these. http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showt...2056868&hl= all i can say is at least the sellers are no longer trying to say they were from their grandpa in Argentina or w/e who used to work in a hasbro factory

did you guys who won some get them from somewhere in florida? I ask because thats where i got both groups of my knock off troopers

they probably sell these for 2 dollars in china and and they have us buying them at auction for 80 bucks each! I would never pay that much for a knock off hasbro figure knowingly! oh wait... I did just purchase a couple sets of those storm shadow forever figures for 74 dollars shipped though... lol >.< they got me!.. dang it i'm so tempted to buy a couple lots of the white ones!! but they're so expensive :(

Glad you pointed these out to me, I decided to pick up a white and crimson one... still not sure on the black one... maybe I'll sleep on it.

I'm not liking that camo job on the green one though. If they had just stuck to one other colour it would fit in with the classic figures. Not so much this way.

Look at this guy's Youtube page ... this guy here is the same exact Seller in FL... it has to be .... I mean look at one of his replies to a comment, also look at what his name is , and at the beginning of his Ebay Descriptions it says build up you"Cobra Legions"........ I really think that the guy somehow produces them himself and is just denying that he made them to not face any sorta copywrite infringment...you know what i mean ? oh and in addition he's got 2 videos of Custom figures which (I hate to say) actually look a little good.

Decided to get the black one too. $20 each isn't a bad BIN for what really amounts to a nice custom soldier.

yeah but they're not customs.. think of it as you just bought a lanard corps figure that looks like a cobra trooper..for 20.... sure they're cool but not nearly worth the 20. a freaking original cobra trooper costs around that if not less

Look at this guy's Youtube page ... this guy here is the same exact Seller in FL... it has to be .... I mean look at one of his replies to a comment, also look at what his name is , and at the beginning of his Ebay Descriptions it says build up you"Cobra Legions"........ I really think that the guy somehow produces them himself and is just denying that he made them to not face any sorta copywrite infringment...you know what i mean ? oh and in addition he's got 2 videos of Custom figures which (I hate to say) actually look a little good.

hes saying they're customs so he doesn't get in trouble for selling bootlegs. either he made them himself or has connections with people in china or maybe south america somewhere?.. and nice he's trying to sell 50 soldiers for $1000

and wtf does this mean.."THIS IS FOR MY FRIEND IN GREECE,IN EBAY,IN YOUTUBE ,IOFFER,TO SANDMAN916,PIARAMAX,PILAR FOR HER PATIENCE."

The guy I bought mine from was in Illinois the first time and another state the next. If this guy really is in florida I want to find out how close he is to me because I would like to save on shipping! When I bought mine the individual cost was about $11 and thats not too bad considering that they are well made for fakes and hard to tell apart from the originals. When you buy the real thing you can expect to pay over $20 and alot of the times the figure will have parts that are discolored from age. I myself dont like having a cobra trooper with gren shoulders and inner thighs. This guy is probably making a killing with these things.

Now if he will just sell them with the cartoon style rifle the 25th ann. troopers come with!

Oh and he needs to make Ninja Vipers and Red Ninjas too!!!! thought Id ad that again!!

I traded to get four different versions of this thing at Joe Con this year. They are made from factory molds by all appearences, and the paint masks match the factory versions as well, although some to seem to be a bit "loose". The date stamp is 1983, and all the regular markings are there, crisp and clear. They are not Hasbro manufactured, but are definitley factory made. Given that Hasbro and the GIJCC announced that some RAH tooling has been destroyed, it's not a stretch to imagine that some that was marked to be destroyed made it's way into private hands and is now being used for this purpose.

The four I got were:

Desert Trooper with new logo (tan, black)

Crimson Trooper (red, black, silver)

Arctic Trooper (pale gray, blue...like a Snow Serpent)

Stinger Trooper (pale gray, black....like Stinger Driver)