Furuta Ships

Rizzle

I am an AA/DST collector, and I have many of the figures. I saw AA/DST's Starship Legends line, and fell in love--that is, before I did the math for the price on all of them combined. I also noticed there was no B or C to be seen, or any non-Enterprise ship. So, after some searching on the net, I foun a company that made ever ship I wanted; Furuta. Does anyone know where I can get them for a very low price?

I'm looking for the following:

USS Enterprise NCC-1701-A

USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E(I realize this was rare and I am willing to pay a bit more for it.)

Phoenix

USS Voyager

Deep Space Nine

Secondary(I don't really want to get these until I have all of the above first):

Klingon Bird of Prey

Romulan Warbird

Ferengi Marauder

Borg Cube

I also want Johnny Lightning's NX-01, but for a decent price as well. I think their stuff costs a bit more...

If anyone can give me good sites or maybe sell them to me yourselves, that'd be great!

I'm hoping for prices like 4-5 give or take.

Unfortunately, I have had the best success on ebay for specific ships. However, some comic stores have been selling the Wave 2 ships from the furuta brand. The problem is, these ships are addictive! Not only are there 3 waves of Furuta, but there are 2 waves of a brand called Romando. These ships were made of flimsy plastic, like micromachines, but they were to scale (especially wave 2). If the ship was really small, then there were 2 versions in the box: 1 lerger one and one to scale with the rest of the line. Also, each ship in wave 2 came with the pieces to build a scale DS-9 station.

Finally, a japanse company called F-toys came out with more ships. they run in 2 sizes; 1:2500 scale and 1:5000 scale. The first and only wave so far was the NX-01, 1701, 1701-A, Defiant, 1701-D (1:5000 scale) and a variant Mirror Universe NX-01.

Hmm...I just looked them up. F-Toys is way out of my price range. Romando is difficult to find, and they look a bit smaller than the Furuta ones.

Are the ships still being sold in comic shops? If so, about how much are they?

I'm hoping for prices like 4-5 give or take.

You're being unrealistic. I really doubt you're going to find this.

E-Bay seems to be the best best for the Furuta line ...and I very much recommend these ships... but once you factor in shipping, you're looking at probably about ten bucks a ship. The good news is that the bidding doesn't seem to be very competitive on these.

Well, I just found 4 ships for about 6 bucks each, so it's not unrealistic. I've seen the Ferengi Marauder for ridiculously low prices before, so no trouble with that one. I'll check out Federation Models.

• 2 months later...

Keep looking on Ebay. I found the entire set of series 2, including the Enterprise-B, for 40 bucks and it was 20 bucks for shipping. mind you a little steep but was able to get them all with no worries!

I would try to go for the harder molds right now, Stargazer, Defiant, and ds9. those are going to be the hard ones and probably more expensive.

good luck!