Are More WalMarts Joining the Fun?

MasterJailer

Since I work the Target planogram team I sould tell you that both target and Walmart reset toys twice a year

We just finished the toy reset today and we reset toys next about a week or so after xmas

Ok I don't work for Walmart but I have seen them reset toys around the same time we do

So its Late July /early august and early January the time for the resets

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How often do these resets happen?

Giving Walmart and Mattel the benefit of all possible doubt here, perhaps WM won't start carrying DCUC in a significant number of their stores until Wave 10. After all, Wave 10 is the wave specifically done for WM. Given that Wave 9 is just starting to appear and Wave 8 is only starting to become truly widespread, it might be way too early for Wave 10. Will another reset happen in the Fall? Or perhaps around the Holidays? If so, we might be see more WM's pick up DCUC then.

Am I being too generous with Walmart ...or foolishly optimistic??

i would go with optimistic. wave 5 was made just for walmart and most didnt start carrying the line then.

I haven't seen a change yet either. The ones who carried them before are still carrying them. The ones who didn't still aren't.

I live in the same area, and this is not true.

Branford has them. I have no history on its trend.

Bristol, I believe you when you say.

Cromwell used to but now doesn't.

Derby never had them.

East Windsor: no data

Guilford used to, but now doesn't.

Hamden used to but now doesn't. (EDIT: brought to my attention, they finally got some "best of")

Lisbon used to, but now doesn't.

Naugatuck: no data

New Haven: no data

New Milford had some.

Norwich has leftovers.

Old Saybrook used to, but now doesn't.

Putnam: no data

Rocky Hill never did.

Shelton: no data

Southington didn't but now does.

Stratford: no data

Torrington: no data

Wallingford used to but now doesn't.

Waterbury: no data

Waterford used to but has been bare.

West Hartford did, but I have not been there in a while to comment.

West Haven: no data

Willimantic does not have them.

You guys do know that Norwalk (My hometown)has two Walmarts and Shelton is where my ex girlfreinds works :P

Anyways in this area my Super Walmart was remodeled and since it was it no longer carries the DCUC

Well, I was at the one on Connecticut Ave. yesterday. No spot for DC. In fact it is overflowing wiith GI Joe and Star Wars and Transformers....

Also, the woman who works toys in Guilford claims they might re-up DC there.

As of last week, the nearest Walmart to me was an hour away that carries DCUC. Today I went to one only 20 minutes away. They've never carried DC figs in the past. I noticed today that they reset their modules and there's a whole section made for the DC figs. Nothing in stock yet but they had the tags. Hopefully the new Walmart wave will be easier to get this time around.

Around here, I don't see any changes. The same idiot Wal-Mart up the street and right down the Parkway has no DCUC figures in stock yet the pegs space still exists. I don't think one of them even has GI Joe Rise of Cobra in stock.

Neighboring county is still good about restocking DCUC though, granted I can still get out there next year after moving in January 2010. And if Wave 13 or beyond has any good figures. Otherwise its just singles for me, here on out.

If this Lex Luthor five pack and Wave 10 prove to be as elusive as Wave 5, I have to wonder if Mattel will again throw Walmart under the bus and cry to the fans, "Hey! We don't control what Walmart orders. If you want your Walmart to carry DCUC, tell them!"

Then, I have to wonder what the fan reaction will be. Will fans accept that they will just never be able to find every fifth wave of this line?

Really?? Here in Austin and the southern suburbs we've all gotten best of cases and wave 7. No sightings of Wave 8 or 9. No 5 packs either, at least none that I saw!!! If they came in, they were already gone by the time I got there!! Of course there were no spaces for them either!!! As long as they continue getting cases, I'm hoping to find wave 10 much easier!!!

If by fun you mean Wave 6 and 7 then yes they are on board. I came back tonight from 3 Walmarts and each had sprinkles of wave 6-7 and of course the sonic arm cyborg. One walmart has unopened cases of hasblow figs and the only mattel unopened boxes were Barbie and some crap labled vehicles.....another failed outing

Crap. Well, my Wallys did their resets. One has spots for DCUC (at 12.97!?!? wtf???); The other doesn't. But they got in DCI 6 packs (w/ a big gorilla dude; not grodd; a tiny robin, raven, and three others...cyborg i think).

I went out looking for toys tonight... pretty much all the Walmarts I stopped at had a peg or shelf spot for DCUC figures (12.97).

Only a 3-4 Walborg stores in my area carried them before. Now it looks like at least 10 or so will.

HOWEVER, I have only seen 3 of them have a spot for the 5 packs

I found the five pack last night at the one Wal-mart I frequent. They had the spot on the shelf and price tag on Monday night, and that shelf was filled last night with a case (three, 5-Packs). I picked out the best one and left the other two.

If we're getting them here after the debacle that was Wave 5, we MIGHT actually see Wave 10. I'll believe it when I see it, but I have a little hope.

Wal-Mart - NEPTUNE, NJ

Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zippo.

They have absolutely the worst toy department I've ever seen. Not one DC Universe Classic anywhere (at least Target down the road still have some Ares and Cyborgs on the shelf).

They never had any of the Wave 5 exclusives either, which makes me believe the next "Wal-Mart Exclsuivse" batch will follow suit.

I'm happy to say that Wal-Mart appears to be trying to prove me wrong. Both my closest stores, which have not carried DC since the DCSH line, have added 4 pegs for DCUC and several for Infinite Heroes as well. One had gotten in the DCUC 5 pack, but I had to hold off til Friday - hopefully they will still be there.

So, the outlook isn't quite as grim for wave 10.../crosses fingers

I have found a small out of the way Walmart that actually appears to be carrying the DCUC line. They had the remains of Wave 7 along with one of those variant Cyborgs that has the big shower head for a hand. No sign of the Gotham 5-pack though. At least, though, there's one WM now in my area that I can stalk when Wave 10 starts to appear.

They also had three of that Infinite Heroes Titans six pack, but at thirty five bucks, I wasn't touching them.