What figures do you want to see from the movie?

Hasbro also mentioned plans for exclusives of Dial Tone and Lowlight, but no word on them at Joecon either.

Hasbro's exact statement was that Dial-Tone was coming, but not in a way we'd expect.

Dial-Tone is, in fact, now a female character seen in IDW's comics, the Resolute cartoon, and finally as a toy in the upcoming Desert 5-pack with Law & Order (not Lowlight), Zartan, and Grunt. It's not classic Dial-Tone, it's not the one we were expecting, but Hasbro absolutely kept their word and is releasing *a* Dial-Tone this year.

Hasbro also mentioned plans for exclusives of Dial Tone and Lowlight, but no word on them at Joecon either.

Hasbro's exact statement was that Dial-Tone was coming, but not in a way we'd expect.

Dial-Tone is, in fact, now a female character seen in IDW's comics, the Resolute cartoon, and finally as a toy in the upcoming Desert 5-pack with Law & Order (not Lowlight), Zartan, and Grunt. It's not classic Dial-Tone, it's not the one we were expecting, but Hasbro absolutely kept their word and is releasing *a* Dial-Tone this year.

Actually, that was an earlier statement. In Round 3 Q&A this year they stated that Dial Tone and Lowlight were being considered for exclusives next year.

You'll have to look it up because I can't remember which site asked the question.

Well what the heck, I had a little time on my hands and thought I'd make it a little easier for you friend. It was Joe Sightings who asked the question:

2. We have received a tremendous amount of figures from the 1st 5 years of GI Joe. 1986 is the only year we're still missing a sizeable amount of characters from. Any chance of us getting Lowlight, Dialtone(the original male version), Sci-Fi, Zandar, Zarana or any others in the near future?

As we move forward, we will continue to try and find ways to bring classic characters into the new line. Both Dialtone and Lowlight are being considered for future releases in exclusives.

Cheers.

I should note here that it's my general impression after re-reading over some of the Q&A's that it seems when someone asks for more classic Joes, Hasbro gets the impression that means just bringing established characters to the table (such as Recondo and Zartan--see JoeCon pics) and changing them rather than giving us new characters like Helix.

They are missing the point. When people say classics they mean they want Joes who look like their 80's version. (ie 25th line)

A lot of more cynical folks did expect this version of Dial-tone. It is also important to note that IDW had her named something else, it was Hasbro that really is at fault for the "Starbucking" of Dialtone.

JoeCon has come and gone. Everything we have seen coming for RoC is all we're going to see for that line. Starting 2010, it's going to be Pursuit of Cobra and the first few lines are geared to extreme weather conditions, Duke in Jungle, Duke in Arctic, Duke in Desert, etc.

So no RoC Jinx, Hardmaster or Dr. Mindbender. I did hear that the two kids were going to be made but I wonder if Hasbro changed their mind. They seemed to change their mind on alot of things. They said more "classics" would come in the RoC line and first of all no more are coming except the Walmart exlusives and the RoC line is over in Jan.

Not being sure when The DVD will be released or knowing for if anymore straight movie figs are coming or not, i retain a little hope, but overall I think Hasbro did a poor job translating film to Figures.

I'm not usually in target, (the nearest is almost 2 hours away) but i was in one recently and the pegs were clogged with the Avac looking guy and the Claw. Why couldn't that have been a PP scarlet? they have a bike mold (see wolverine origins line) and it wouldn't be hard to make a coat for her.

I would have rather have seen "Jinx" than Helix, or Dial-tone in the 5-pack.

NO McCullen? that is one of the biggest movie to toy fails i've ever seen. We don't have a retail version of the main villian of the movie. How many movies do that?

JoeCon has come and gone. Everything we have seen coming for RoC is all we're going to see for that line. Starting 2010, it's going to be Pursuit of Cobra and the first few lines are geared to extreme weather conditions, Duke in Jungle, Duke in Arctic, Duke in Desert, etc.

So no RoC Jinx, Hardmaster or Dr. Mindbender. I did hear that the two kids were going to be made but I wonder if Hasbro changed their mind. They seemed to change their mind on alot of things. They said more "classics" would come in the RoC line and first of all no more are coming except the Walmart exlusives and the RoC line is over in Jan.

Not being sure when The DVD will be released or knowing for if anymore straight movie figs are coming or not, i retain a little hope, but overall I think Hasbro did a poor job translating film to Figures.

I'm not usually in target, (the nearest is almost 2 hours away) but i was in one recently and the pegs were clogged with the Avac looking guy and the Claw. Why couldn't that have been a PP scarlet? they have a bike mold (see wolverine origins line) and it wouldn't be hard to make a coat for her.

I would have rather have seen "Jinx" than Helix, or Dial-tone in the 5-pack.

NO McCullen? that is one of the biggest movie to toy fails i've ever seen. We don't have a retail version of the main villian of the movie. How many movies do that?

I agree. Hasbro dropped the ball on that one, but then again they've been dropping the ball on alot of things Joe to me.

It was stupid to have McCullen as an exclusive rather than selling him at mass retail where he would be instantly recognized as the film's main villain by any kids who are actually picking up this line.

Jinx would have been a better decision over Dial Tone. I agree. It would have made alot more people happy and not peed off anyone like me who's looking for a Dial Tone and when we get a "Dial Tone" it's a female in desert scrubs who is a repainted Cover Girl and a Helix head put on top. See the size of that neck?

I think Hasbro said TRU wanted a 5 pack exclusive. Did TRU say they wanted a desert exclusive? Seems to me that Hasbro could have put in Duke, Ripcord, Scarlett, Heavy Duty and Snake Eyes and it would have a better chance at selling since they are the most recognizable faces from the movies for the Joes. They love re-paints anyway.

Otherwise, why a desert pack and why put in characters who we've never seen in the 25th line and change their genders, race and looks? All that did was tick people off. It's almost as if they went out of their way to make a statement there.

Overall impressions from the collector community have been negative. I seriously doubt kids are going to be rushing out to pick up that one. To them who is Dial Tone, Footloose, Law and Repeater?

I see people like the new Duke who uses the Airborne mold and is painted black in a new 5-pack, but only because people see it a customizing possibility for Lowlight.

That's Hasbro for you with Joe. They never want to finish things (classics, Resolute, RoC) they just want to give you endless re-paints of the same 5 or 6 characters. Case in point: How many Duke's, Snake Eyes', and Ripcord's have we seen in the first few lines of the new PoC line already?

The $70 dollar Robo-Cop Duke that's waiting to be clearanced is another bright idea of Hasbro's.

Hasbro is just chock full of brilliant ideas, yes sir.