What would you like to see in the sequel?

obiprime

Lets let hasbro know what we would love to see in the sequel.

An apology.

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

Whats done is done. All we can hope for is an improvement in the sequel/trilogy

SHIPWRECK (maybe played by Karl Urban or Jason Lee?), Roadblock (Erik "JAMES DOAKES" King or Morris Chestnut), Flint and Lady Jaye NEED to be in part 2. I just want to see more established characters without it being overkill.

Firefly should play a big role in 2. Team him w/Scrap-Iron! Major Bludd could have a small role. I would love to see Tomax & Xamot. Dreadnoks would be great as Zartan's muscle...

Maybe we should.

The first movie was an origins movie.

The second movie will deepen the story and drama and leave us wanting to see part 3.

part 3 will bring the movie to a close defeating Cobra .

question ? Should part two really bring on the pain for the Joes and establish cobra as "victorious". Leaving the final battle for part 3. Where the Joes finally defeat Cobra.

The rubber Snake Eyes suit has to go.

I'd like to see cameos. Characters in the background that are distinctly Joes that we know will be good enough and will (I believe) satisfy a lot of fans even if they DON'T get speaking lines. Plus, they can still make figures of them. Like a Star Wars background alien...

Billy Idol as BUZZER! ^_^

billyh.jpg

G.I. JOE: REBOOT CAMP

Back to Basics, Soldiers!

I agree, a reboot would be great. Similar to The Hulk franchise, let ROC die out and start fresh again in about 5 years.

No reboot. Please. Not that I thought it was the greatest thing in the world. If you reboot it to do it "right" you're just going to have 100 fans with 100 different oppinions of what the "right'' way should be.

For the second one, look at what worked and what didn't with the first. Give us more of what worked, fix or leave out what didn't. That simple!

No reboot. Please. Not that I thought it was the greatest thing in the world. If you reboot it to do it "right" you're just going to have 100 fans with 100 different oppinions of what the "right'' way should be.

For the second one, look at what worked and what didn't with the first. Give us more of what worked, fix or leave out what didn't. That simple!

Exactly. While the first movie wasn't perfect, it was fun for people that don't know much about GIJOE. If you throw too much lore in there, people will be turned off. You have to find a balance between pleasing the fans and pleasing the joe-moviegoer.

Those calling for a Reboot have every right to do so. But sequels guarantee profits reboots do not. Hence Hasbro is making a sequel. Then a Trilogy. A reboot is likely after this trilogy is done.

The rubber Snake Eyes suit has to go.

I'd like to see cameos. Characters in the background that are distinctly Joes that we know will be good enough and will (I believe) satisfy a lot of fans even if they DON'T get speaking lines. Plus, they can still make figures of them. Like a Star Wars background alien...

agreed 100%

also bring back the SE/Scarlett pairing

and bring about 4-6 more named Joes into the main team like Beachhead, Lady Jaye, Flint, and Gung-Ho

Those calling for a Reboot have every right to do so. But sequels guarantee profits reboots do not. Hence Hasbro is making a sequel. Then a Trilogy. A reboot is likely after this trilogy is done.

Why would they reboot AFTER doing a trilogy?

What makes you think reboots can't guarantee profits and that sequels can/will? It is generally accepted that The Incredible Hulk is a MUCH better movie then The Hulk. That reboot also got a significant toyline attached to it too.

That's probably the example that proves your rule though @smilepunch@

Why would they reboot AFTER doing a trilogy?

What makes you think reboots can't guarantee profits and that sequels can/will? It is generally accepted that The Incredible Hulk is a MUCH better movie then The Hulk. That reboot also got a significant toyline attached to it too.

That's probably the example that proves your rule though @smilepunch@

I don't see a reboot as less likely to make money, but I can see Hasbro uses these actors in till their contract runs and then starting over. Reboots are often with a new cast crew etc.

I just think it's time for studios and fans to get over this fad of calling for the "reboot" everytime a movie didn't meet expectations. "Oh no, our movie wasn't adored by the general public! Reboot! REBOOT!!!!" Enough.

I mean with Batman, fine. They took a character that you would think would be pretty tough to mess up, a character with a couple good movies behind him already, and just blew it to hell. That's OK.

The second Hulk was technically not even a reboot. It picked up where Bruce left off in the first one (in the jungle), and it did not contradict what was in the first one either (they just didn't mention it). If they want to do something like that with them next GI Joe, that's fine with me. Though it's gonna be hard with stuff like President Zartan, a supposedly-good Baroness in jail, and other stuff.

I would think rebooting every other action/fantasy/comic book franchise would turn off your casual viewer. Imagine all the fanboys explaining to their girlfriends which movies "count" and "don't count" in continuity. They'd be confused :) I get confused sometimes!

G.I. JOE: REBOOT CAMP

Back to Basics, Soldiers!

I agree, a reboot would be great. Similar to The Hulk franchise, let ROC die out and start fresh again in about 5 years.

no they shouldnt it was awsome

I wouldn't mind an attempt at a "reboot"..start fresh, start new, pay more homage to what WAS, as it WAS, and it could still BE, without the attitude that the concept was good enough but the presentation needed updated?

If Tim Burton can making a living (at our memories expense) by exploiting and "re-imaging" all our classic films of our youth, then let someone else come along and do the same for G.I.Joe against Sommers version. I liked the reboot of Hulk better than the first, and I liked the reboot of Punisher, better than the first, and the reboot of Batman (BOTH flicks) have blown away anything produced prior to them. That is...IMO! ^_^

This film was enjoyable enough and I was entertained while watching it, and came away pleasantly surprised, but I STILL wouldn't mind seeing something more true to form with this material, and while it may be quite the challenge to pull it off, that's what Hollywood is suppose to be doing...taking a challenge, some imagination and utilizing all their resources and creativity, to bring such stuff to LIFE, and if Micheal Moore can make money and be handed awards for being politically incorrect, why can't someone that just wants to make a sci-fi fantasy WAR/CONFLICT/COMBATING of ENEMIES type film, set "sometime in the near future" where soldiers get to dress up in baseball jerseys, classic sailor outfits and all look like pro wrestling characters from the 1980's?

Now THAT would be an impressive CHALLENGE!

I think the sequel should continue on as is, without a reboot.

I would like to see Baroness become evil on her own without Nanite assistance. I would like to see Cobra Commander get a better costume, even if it is something as simple as a hood over his breathing apparatus. I definitely don't want to see a SE/Scarlett pairing. (I prefer that SE remain as he is, a mysterious and tough peripheral character.) I also would like to see Storm Shadow come back!

I also would like see the movie take place more in America with a crazy fight between Joe and Cobra in New York or something. Tomax and Xamot could make an appearance if they don't dress in the acrobat jumpsuits. @firedevil@

PharmV

I think the sequel should continue on as is, without a reboot.

I would like to see Baroness become evil on her own without Nanite assistance. I would like to see Cobra Commander get a better costume, even if it is something as simple as a hood over his breathing apparatus. I definitely don't want to see a SE/Scarlett pairing. (I prefer that SE remain as he is, a mysterious and tough peripheral character.) I also would like to see Storm Shadow come back!

I also would like see the movie take place more in America with a crazy fight between Joe and Cobra in New York or something. Tomax and Xamot could make an appearance if they don't dress in the acrobat jumpsuits. @firedevil@

PharmV

That sounds like a "reboot"! :D

Hasbro is a company. They will be cashing in on the Gijoe forever.Reboot after Reboot after Reboot Forever. Hopefully will live long enough to see a Truer version. But its just not going to happen now. So im looking forward to the sequel. Im Hoping they will find more ways to make us life long Joe and Cobra fans more Happy. By putting Real Cobra Troopers, Real Hiss Tanks, Real cobra Armies. Bring in Flint, Low Light, and Mainframe. Give us a sex scene between Baroness and Scarlett. Spice it up or something.

I don't think a reboot is necessary, but some MAJOR changes need to be made.

1. STEVEN SOMMERS REPLACED BY SOMEONE WHO CAN ACTUALLY DIRECT.

2. Better dialogue.

3. Acting up to par with what I have personally seen these actors capable of in other projects. (Probably a problem that will be solved by change number 1).

4. Better special effects.

5. Baroness as a full fledged baddie.

6. Better definitions of the organizations, G.I. Joe and Cobra.

7. Cobra Commander sounding more like he does in the cartoon.

As for the new Joes I want to see added to the roster: Flint, Beachhead, Lady Jay, Shipwreck, Doc.

I want to see Randy Quaid as Serpentor.

gi_joe_serpentor.jpg

THIS I COMMAND!!!

yea for the spoof. Adam Sandler plays Destro. Chris Rock plays ripcord. Jim carey plays cobra Commander.

I'd like a RAH-style reboot... eventually. However, after seeing the movie (and being pleasantly surprised by it) I want to see where they take this...

I'd like to find out that the Baroness is/always was a bad girl - that her relationship with Duke was a cover, and that she will aid in the attempt to free Cobra Commander and Destro. Ditto Cobra Commander, in terms of his past with Duke...