Wave 9 hits walmart

jjlecaros

I picked-up the entire Wave 9 today at a local Comic Store except the crappy, 80's-Super-Power MANTIS...I'll wait for the Kirby version.

Even though I bought them on the secondary market, this guy only charges a few bucks more than retail, so I feel pretty lucky.

Only opened 1 so far - GUARDIAN - and he wasn't all flimsy like I was expecting. Paint-apps are BEST ever for DCUC.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven't seen any wave 9 send that one day where there was only 3 of them. I have this felling that what I saw was a 1 time deal. They still have wave 7 up. Cold's Firestorm and Kid Flash that's it.

When to Toys and Wal-Mart today still no new ones out just wave 7b.

Wow, really liking the new look!!!

Anyhow, went to several stores and all that was left at a lone Target was the same Dr Fate I left behind because I already have one!! Of course even if I didn't have em, I would have have left him there cause the paint job was awful!!! So check your Targets you may get lucky!!

Yesterday I found the Guardian and Black Adam at my LCS.

Guardian was a pleasant surprise. At first you think he's a boring looking figure, but he has one of the best faces in the whole line. It's even a bit Adam West-like! I don't find myself missing the modern Guardian that was initially shown at all. One QC issue was the flimsy head. His head was fine so long as it remained posed in a single direction. If you moved him though, he turned into a flimsy bobblehead. I wrapped a few tiny GI Joe rubber bands around the ball joint of his neck and it tightened right up.

Black Adam is a very striking figure but had more QC issues. The legs were very loose. I had to tighten them with some airplane glue. His neck unfortunately can't swivel up and down. This wasn't due to poor QC. It seems more of a design issue.

Both figures are very attractive and while the plastic is a degree or two softer than previous figures, it doesn't really detract. I do wonder how this line will hold up over the long haul though.

Wow, really liking the new look!!!

Anyhow, went to several stores and all that was left at a lone Target was the same Dr Fate I left behind because I already have one!! Of course even if I didn't have em, I would have have left him there cause the paint job was awful!!! So check your Targets you may get lucky!!

No the Targets in my area including my store are still sitting on wave 6

Hell if you lived near me I would of asked you to pick up Fate for me

Oof! I visited a Target fairly close to me this afternoon.

On Monday, this Target had the fumes of DCUC Wave 4... A Wonder Woman and a couple of Cyborgs. Today, they were freshly stocked with a big brand new batch of Wave 6 complete with a Mr. Impossible! I never saw so much Wave 6 all in one place even back when I was looking for Wave 6!

It's going to take them forever to move that much Wave 6! At this rate, it'll be at least a year before they reach Wave 9!

A major problem with Target is that they seem to always be behind when it comes to figures sometimes!! Sure they can clearance our old product that is no longer in there system, but for items that are current, they seem to have the oldest stock around!!! When it finally sells, they just get more of the new old stock!!!

Got my set today, minus SP Mantis. They're all great, although I'm very tempted to crack open Canary and give her better hip movement.

Once a customizer, always a customizer huh? :P

Got my set today, minus SP Mantis. They're all great, although I'm very tempted to crack open Canary and give her better hip movement.

Once a customizer, always a customizer huh? :P

Never stopped :P

I did end up cracking her open, probably about 20 minutes after I posted that, haha. It was too much work to add the articulation (the hip joints are way different), so I'm gonna wait and grab a spare wonderwoman or hawkgirl and swap out the legs.

By the way, anyone wanna hook me up with an SP Mantis? I hate having incomplete waves :S

I just got back from one of only two Walmarts still carrying DCUC figures. They were stocking stuff and I saw a pallet that had two cases of DCUC figures. I excitedly rushed over to it only to discover they were the best of cases. The ones they have a Kid Flash, a Flash, a Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, a Firestorm, a Wonder Woman, a Dr Impossible, a regeneration Sups, a red/blue mullet Sups and a helmeted Big Barda.

Mattel stop it already with the Best of cases. The Wonder Women are already clogging shelves from their wave four release now they are piling up with these best of cases. Same for Dr Impossible. My store has 5 of them and they aren't moving. Same for Firestorm. And the to manager said that they aren't even going to put either case out because the three pegs plus the section of shelf below them are already full. So the odds of this walmart getting wave 10 are looking very very dim--that just leaves the one other.

If anyone needs any of these I'll be more than happy to grab them--it would help you out as well as clearing inventory at this walmart.