WOW HASBRO PLEASES FANS!

MemberX

okay with the ROC line were getting some retro stuff repackaged, resolute figures, and more 25th aniversary characters as "new" ROC. That and famous recolors and creations of new characters. what can make this better? WE NEED RE RELEASED MECHS OF PULVERIZER AND DEFENSE FROM VvV! #US1# thats a real american hero!

okay with the ROC line were getting some retro stuff repackaged, resolute figures, and more 25th aniversary characters as "new" ROC. That and famous recolors and creations of new characters. what can make this better? WE NEED RE RELEASED MECHS OF PULVERIZER AND DEFENSE FROM VvV! #US1# thats a real american hero!

hmm.. I don't think many people were fans of the VvV mechs.. or anything from that era.

And the things you state are "pleasing" fans are actually pissing off just as many.

Sure, there has been some retro stuff repackaged in the bravo vehicle line, but they are crazy expensive and heavily mucked up by new cannons and what not. I would have been pleased if the Ferret didn't have that hugemongous ugly gun on it.

The resolute figures are nice, if they were just straight releases of resolute designs. Look at the Roadblock, they gave him HeavyDuty's vest instead of the one he was designed with (which now comes with Night Adder)...

and the 25th characters pretty much suck as ROC characters.

hmm.. I don't think many people were fans of the VvV mechs.. or anything from that era.

And the things you state are "pleasing" fans are actually pissing off just as many.

Sure, there has been some retro stuff repackaged in the bravo vehicle line, but they are crazy expensive and heavily mucked up by new cannons and what not. I would have been pleased if the Ferret didn't have that hugemongous ugly gun on it.

The resolute figures are nice, if they were just straight releases of resolute designs. Look at the Roadblock, they gave him HeavyDuty's vest instead of the one he was designed with (which now comes with Night Adder)...

i hear you man. I want real res figs and in res packaging.

i hear you man. I want real res figs and in res packaging.

like the 25th duke?

I would be surprised if we don't get a re-release of those molds soon. The Mech concept just fits perfectly with the world of RoC. Possibly they'll have bits and pieces from the Sigma 6 mechs (because they're largely interchangeable). I loved the Defense Mech...not so much the Pulverizer. The only concern might be that 25A/RoC sized figures might be too big to fit in them!

Of course, even if they don't re-release the Joe Mechs, do a search for "Mattel Avatar Toys" and there's a chance that there may be some very sweet possibly-Joe-Compatible stuff on the way from the Avatar line. (I have a feeling it's going to be a tight fit for many Joe figures, though).

I have to admit I am a big fan of what is going on with the line (and I realize here that puts me squarely in the minority).

Although the line is more movie focused Hasbro this year has given me a feel similar to the DCUC and Marvel Legends lines in that you can get figures from multiple eras (and technically "Universes") in one line. We have the amazing 7 packs take on the old RAH line. We also get the new mixed pack with old vs. new ARAH Snow Job coming and the ROC figures "rebranded" as "movie figures" (City Strike SE and Gung-Ho among others) on their way. On top of that we get brand new figures in the way of the new movie Vipers/Neo-Vipers/Commandos and Eels, etc. I am going broke keeping up with this and the Marvel Universe figures but I am far from pissed off. I am loving every minute of it. Now I can see the endless repaints and reuse of molds infuriating a few fans but in all honesty any Joe fan by now has to be used to this already as it has been going on for 25 years now (I dislike it more in the Marvel U line as the damn Daredevil body has been reused at least 7 times already).

What the constant mix gives us is a chance to pick and choose what we want and not go broke unless you are a completist (then you are royally screwed as there is soooooo much product). I myself open each and every figure/vehicle I buy, stick it on a stand and display it. As such the packaging can say ARAH, ROC, Resolute or Frank's House of Wank, doesn't make a difference in the land fill. My wife and Mother-In-Law are still going to rag on me for buying toys regardless of the package and at this point I have so many spare weapons/backpacks/etc. that the goofy missile turd launchers cab go in the chum bucket until the day I can figure a neat custom to use them for (which, for the record I have yet to figure out in all the years I have been collecting these things).

On that note, just to further gut this fish, I took my kids to the movie on Sunday when it rained. My 6 year old was freaked out by all the killing (my wife is a wee bit pissed at me), my 4 year old was bored (maybe if Spongebob was in it :) ) but I actually suspended my disbelief for 2 hours and enjoyed it. It was a goofy, fun popcorn movie that I will buy on DVD and pull out once every other year or so to watch on a rainy weekend along with Mortal Kombat, Starship Troopers and Flash Gordon.

And now you know...

Those Mechs are crap, they had hardly an articulation.

Hasbro can't even make more then one accurate Movie Vehicle, they seem to only wanna remold/repackage crap NOW.

When what they really should have done is spent more time making toys from the Actual Movie.

The Cobra Gunship is such a fail of a toy, the last thing I want is hasbro spending anymore money releasing VvsV or Spytroops Vehicles crap

when they should be focused on getting more Vehicles that had screen time out, and re-ding the Gunship to make it more accurate.

Those Mechs are crap, they had hardly an articulation.

Hasbro can't even make more then one accurate Movie Vehicle, they seem to only wanna remold/repackage crap NOW.

When what they really should have done is spent more time making toys from the Actual Movie.

The Cobra Gunship is such a fail of a toy, the last thing I want is hasbro spending anymore money releasing VvsV or Spytroops Vehicles crap

when they should be focused on getting more Vehicles that had screen time out, and re-ding the Gunship to make it more accurate.

Ill settle for a redesign

I also think the price of 19.99 is justifyied for a mini playset and lets face it. Who wants resolute figures realeased? I think that most of us do and lets be thankful hasbro is even releasing then