DCUC Walmart 5 pack out!

degra

MasterJailer:

You're basically saying that two wrongs make a right. You don't like snipers, I don't either. I've had that happen to me in my sales too. Who hasn't?

So you're going to go and ruin someone else's sale to get back at someone else? Pretty immature, irresponsible, and yes, even immoral.

Speaking of which, don't you care even a little bit about the fact that a purchase on eBay is a legally binding contract? If you did something like this to me, there's no way I'd let you out of it. I'd report you to eBay if you pulled out and then I'd be well within my rights to take legal action against you until you paid.

I'm hoping someone will do this to you so you can learn a hard lesson: don't be a douchebag. You wouldn't like this done to you, why do it to other people?

GL

MasterJailer:

You're basically saying that two wrongs make a right. You don't like snipers, I don't either. I've had that happen to me in my sales too. Who hasn't?

So you're going to go and ruin someone else's sale to get back at someone else? Pretty immature, irresponsible, and yes, even immoral.

Speaking of which, don't you care even a little bit about the fact that a purchase on eBay is a legally binding contract? If you did something like this to me, there's no way I'd let you out of it. I'd report you to eBay if you pulled out and then I'd be well within my rights to take legal action against you until you paid.

I'm hoping someone will do this to you so you can learn a hard lesson: don't be a douchebag. You wouldn't like this done to you, why do it to other people?

GL

couple of things.

1. watch what you say, i got called out for less than what you said in this post by a mod. could be though that the guy i was talking about went and whined when he said pretty much the same thing.

2. i agree. pulling out bids is crap. how many no pays does it take to lose yoru ebay account? does anyone know?

3. no more 5 packs here in houston. i saw one one time but that was it.

....and how is that foolproof? You said yourself, if it got up to $1000, that you would not be the one who got "stuck" meaning you just wouldn't pay. So, by that logic, even though you won the actual auction, you lost because someone else was willing to pay more and you are either outbid or you can't afford it so you don't pay, so you DIDN'T win.

It's foolproof against sniping. By placing a sky-high bid, I guarantee that I'll win the auction. Once I've done that I can decide if the amount I've won the auction for is worth it or not. If the amount is too high, I just bail. It may not sound like a kosher thing to do, but I've been burnt by snipers one too many times.

Another pet peeve of mine are cheapskate bidders who bid up an item fifty cents or a dollar at a time. These skinflints want everything for free. In my opinion, if you're not willing to bid big then you don't really want the item. I don't really sell much on e-bay anymore, but I used to sell a lot. The last straw was an auction where I was selling a bowling shoe. After FOUR days and with fifteen watchers it had been bid up to SIX DOLLARS and THAT WAS WITH FOUR BIDS!!!! Who the Hell bids like that? I was so disgusted, I pulled the listing and sent all the bidders a nasty e-mail telling them all off so even though I was steamed, I still got the last laugh.

Oh and how is some moron willing to pay $1001 for their set adding value to yours? Something is only worth what someone will pay, so if the one idiot out there with enough money buys his for $1001, how does that help add value to yours? Just because one person pays a stupid price, doesn't mean the entire collecting community will say "OMG! Thats worth $1001! I hope MasterJailer will sell his to us!" then again, as stated perviously, someone who thinks Lex will be worth $200 years later probably doesn't have a lot of financial sense anyhow.

It's not that simple. The after-market value of collectibles is determined by what a particular item is currently selling for and the price that it can draw. If all of a sudden, a Lex goes for a thousand bucks somewhere, you can be sure every dealer out there will be jacking up the price of their Lex too. Viola! All of a sudden... Lex is worth a grand! I'm pretty confident in the value of my items.

You're obviously too young to understand how e-bay works or are just trolling around.

I mean, you complain about people snipping and people bidding low, yet you are going to bail on an auction if it is not worth it?

One of the reasons ebay is used frequently because some people want deals. It isn't the bidders fault that the auction with the bowling shoes ended under 7 dollars

I don't think they deserve your hate mail simply because you didn't like the final price of your auction.

l am quite puzzled you weren't reported for your immaturity on ebay.

If you wanted to make more money on your items, either increase the starting bid or opt for a reserve

a lot of us uses ebay for good deals, which makes me why you are so pissed on people tryin to save money online. Ebay is not just for those who wants to buy overpriced items.

In regards to Luthor, it would be quite hard to believe that the toy will go for a 1000 dollars in a few years. A lot of modern toys lose their value within some odd number of years. Unless the toy is a limited run or a very desireable figure, a loose one may go up somewhere in a 70 dollar range. Then again, it is your $. If you want to lose 100 bucks for a toy that might receive some sort of reissue later on, be my guest.

Masterjailer - You were selling a Bowling shoe? And you were surprised it got low bids? Ooookay.

The after-market value of collectibles is determined by what a particular item is currently selling for and the price that it can draw.

Thats true, to a point. But your $1000 example is grossly exaggerated.

Another pet peeve of mine are cheapskate bidders who bid up an item fifty cents or a dollar at a time.

If you'll notice, most people try to save money wherever they can, so they will only bid what they have to to get what they want.

If the amount is too high, I just bail.

And you didnt get kicked off ebay right then and there? I'm surprised.

By the way, thank you for using proper grammar and punctuation. Its a nice break from most trolling posts.

Hey ..everyone..first time poster... been a lurker for a while.. was wondering if there is a board member who would be generous enough to pick up a 5 pack for me from your walmart... Mine have told me that the are not carrying DCUC anymore and I do not want to resort to ebay. I have paypal and am willing to pay for the item ASAP.. please let me know if you can help me out for those of you finding multiples...an if there is anything u need in your collection I can help.. we have wave 8 around here in va where i live...

nothing here in the Austin area. Thought there might be some because of the Houston sightings, guess nothing yet!!!

So for those that have em, does that Catwoman look better in person than online!! To me that is definitely the weakest of the bunch!!! So want that Luthor and finally a regular Supes!!!

nothing here in the Austin area. Thought there might be some because of the Houston sightings, guess nothing yet!!!

So for those that have em, does that Catwoman look better in person than online!! To me that is definitely the weakest of the bunch!!! So want that Luthor and finally a regular Supes!!!

I'm suprised that you would consider paying a premium for this set!!! So many of the figures in it are simply reissues or repaints!!!

Just kidding. But this set does seem to be more in demand than I was expecting it to be. I guess most people want it for the Luthor?

nothing in my area of CA yet. however, 1 Walmart I went to was resetting and saw the price tag. i think it was 54.xx. i forgot. i asked them if they have gotten any, lady told me maybe in the next few days. only problem is i heard there are late night scalpers who go through pallets before Walmart closes. good luck to me.

if i see them in the next few days i am willing to help people here via trade or Paypal. Retail price plus cost of shipping of course.