DCUC Walmart 5 pack out!

degra

You said something incredibly stupid and now you are trying to save face... No matter if you are joking or not, still an incredibly dumb thing to say.

Um, not really. It's a foolproof way to keep from getting sniped. The ONLY way it won't work is if a sniper comes along who puts down a bid that's even crazier than mine and if he does that and he's stuck paying 1001.00 for this set, he'll only drive up the value of my set once I get it. Either way, I win...

...and as General Zod said, "I ALWAYS win!"

What if someone bids higher than you and on the last day of the auction, that same person retracts their bids. You would be the one who has to pay 1000 for lex luthor and l agree that the fig would not be woth 200 years later. If you want to spend that money on a figure, who am l to argue?

The loose figures are turning up on eBay. Lex Luthor is already going for big bucks. Since he's the one I want most, I'm not going to fool around here. I'm going to wait for a good loose Luthor to show up on eBay and I'll plunk down a max bid of a grand. This way I won't get sniped. I won't have to worry. Even with sniping, the bidding won't get anywhere near a grand. I'll probably end up spending about a hundred on it. In a few years, I can always turn around and sell it for at least twice that and in the meantime, I'll at least have it.

im sorry but that is the dumbest thing ive heard.

+1

You said something incredibly stupid and now you are trying to save face... No matter if you are joking or not, still an incredibly dumb thing to say.

Um, not really. It's a foolproof way to keep from getting sniped. The ONLY way it won't work is if a sniper comes along who puts down a bid that's even crazier than mine and if he does that and he's stuck paying 1001.00 for this set, he'll only drive up the value of my set once I get it. Either way, I win...

...and as General Zod said, "I ALWAYS win!"

....and how is that foolproof? You said yourself, if it got up to $1000, that you would not be the one who got "stuck" meaning you just wouldn't pay. So, by that logic, even though you won the actual auction, you lost because someone else was willing to pay more and you are either outbid or you can't afford it so you don't pay, so you DIDN'T win. That's ok though, I remember when I was 15 and didn't have a solid grip on how things work either. Seriously, that is such a stupid thing to say it is laughable!

Oh and how is some moron willing to pay $1001 for their set adding value to yours? Something is only worth what someone will pay, so if the one idiot out there with enough money buys his for $1001, how does that help add value to yours? Just because one person pays a stupid price, doesn't mean the entire collecting community will say "OMG! Thats worth $1001! I hope MasterJailer will sell his to us!" then again, as stated perviously, someone who thinks Lex will be worth $200 years later probably doesn't have a lot of financial sense anyhow.

Scored the 5 pack tonight at WM! :D Rather nice imo and not a bad price since the single figs are now $13 at WM! Two Face by far is my least fav in the set, mainly because I HATE the mold.

Draven

got a 5 apck today too

whats with no gun for 2face?

100_7619.jpg

Not finding it in Illinois yet....but I have LOW expectations based on the debacle that was Wave 5 here. I may have to buy it on EBay sooner than later before the price gets driven up because of the most likely POOR distribution.

What's the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

WalMart Distribution + Exclusive Wave of DCUC = FAIL!

Not finding it in Illinois yet....but I have LOW expectations based on the debacle that was Wave 5 here.

I still don't believe in wave 5, I've yet to see any hard evidence it existed. We've all seen the grainy photos and heard the rumors some people have them, but to me, its still a myth.

Not finding it in Illinois yet....but I have LOW expectations based on the debacle that was Wave 5 here.

I still don't believe in wave 5, I've yet to see any hard evidence it existed. We've all seen the grainy photos and heard the rumors some people have them, but to me, its still a myth.

Or that Mattel thinks there's no Walmart in Florida.

Or that Mattel thinks there's no Walmart in Florida.

You know, that makes a lot of sense!

....and how is that foolproof? You said yourself, if it got up to $1000, that you would not be the one who got "stuck" meaning you just wouldn't pay. So, by that logic, even though you won the actual auction, you lost because someone else was willing to pay more and you are either outbid or you can't afford it so you don't pay, so you DIDN'T win.

It's foolproof against sniping. By placing a sky-high bid, I guarantee that I'll win the auction. Once I've done that I can decide if the amount I've won the auction for is worth it or not. If the amount is too high, I just bail. It may not sound like a kosher thing to do, but I've been burnt by snipers one too many times.

Another pet peeve of mine are cheapskate bidders who bid up an item fifty cents or a dollar at a time. These skinflints want everything for free. In my opinion, if you're not willing to bid big then you don't really want the item. I don't really sell much on e-bay anymore, but I used to sell a lot. The last straw was an auction where I was selling a bowling shoe. After FOUR days and with fifteen watchers it had been bid up to SIX DOLLARS and THAT WAS WITH FOUR BIDS!!!! Who the Hell bids like that? I was so disgusted, I pulled the listing and sent all the bidders a nasty e-mail telling them all off so even though I was steamed, I still got the last laugh.

Oh and how is some moron willing to pay $1001 for their set adding value to yours? Something is only worth what someone will pay, so if the one idiot out there with enough money buys his for $1001, how does that help add value to yours? Just because one person pays a stupid price, doesn't mean the entire collecting community will say "OMG! Thats worth $1001! I hope MasterJailer will sell his to us!" then again, as stated perviously, someone who thinks Lex will be worth $200 years later probably doesn't have a lot of financial sense anyhow.

It's not that simple. The after-market value of collectibles is determined by what a particular item is currently selling for and the price that it can draw. If all of a sudden, a Lex goes for a thousand bucks somewhere, you can be sure every dealer out there will be jacking up the price of their Lex too. Viola! All of a sudden... Lex is worth a grand! I'm pretty confident in the value of my items.

....and how is that foolproof? You said yourself, if it got up to $1000, that you would not be the one who got "stuck" meaning you just wouldn't pay. So, by that logic, even though you won the actual auction, you lost because someone else was willing to pay more and you are either outbid or you can't afford it so you don't pay, so you DIDN'T win.

It's foolproof against sniping. By placing a sky-high bid, I guarantee that I'll win the auction. Once I've done that I can decide if the amount I've won the auction for is worth it or not. If the amount is too high, I just bail. It may not sound like a kosher thing to do, but I've been burnt by snipers one too many times.

Another pet peeve of mine are cheapskate bidders who bid up an item fifty cents or a dollar at a time. These skinflints want everything for free. In my opinion, if you're not willing to bid big then you don't really want the item. I don't really sell much on e-bay anymore, but I used to sell a lot. The last straw was an auction where I was selling a bowling shoe. After FOUR days and with fifteen watchers it had been bid up to SIX DOLLARS and THAT WAS WITH FOUR BIDS!!!! Who the Hell bids like that? I was so disgusted, I pulled the listing and sent all the bidders a nasty e-mail telling them all off so even though I was steamed, I still got the last laugh.

It's not that simple. The after-market value of collectibles is determined by what a particular item is currently selling for and the price that it can draw. If all of a sudden, a Lex goes for a thousand bucks somewhere, you can be sure every dealer out there will be jacking up the price of their Lex too. Viola! All of a sudden... Lex is worth a grand! I'm pretty confident in the value of my items.

Wow, just wow. See it STILL doesn't make any sense. Why bid more on something than you are willing to pay? For that exciting email saying you won? Why waste everyones time and do that to someone? It's pretty simple, write the maximum amount you are willing to pay, and if it gets bid past that, let someone else with the money buy it, plain and simple. I guess you must just love the thrill of it saying you won. By the way, how is it other peoples fault you claim to have been burnt by snipers too many times? Is is the resellers fault that other people are willing to pay more than you? I guess we should just all bid $1000 on toys and not pay it because it is too high... that will show all those snipers!

Oh, and you emailing everyone that bid on a used bowling shoe and cussing them out...yeah, thats got class written all over it. How much do you think it is going to sell for? I'd say $6 is accurate. Are you not familiar with how to set reserves on an item?

Oh, and its funny you think it works that way. That if one reseller saw it go from a thousand than he will put his up for a thousand, and so will everyone else selling it. Just because that is the asking price doesn't mean thats what people will pay. If tomorrow Walmart saw that K-Mart started charging $100 for Milk, I doubt Walmart would say "Hey, they are selling $100 milk, we should raise our prices!" How do you think they come to these prices at the store? Is it because they have done market research that suggests how much people are willing to pay for items? That should tell you that people have a limit, and if people collectivly think something is too high, then they won't pay it, driving sales down, and thus lowering the price. So your logic is flawed.

But I know this is falling on deaf ears, because all you seem to care about it the actual winning part, not the paying part. Just do everyone a favor and learn to use ebay the way it was intended.

Stay classy MasterJailer

thats the second dumbest thing ive heard in this topic

100_7619.jpg

How's the plastic on these?

better tahn 9 but not to good either, catwoman, supes, batman all have trouble standing cuz warped plastic cuz of teh way it was pacakged.

Hmmm,...could someone post a couple more pics of these figures that they've opened? Nothing special just have them standing together side by side or something. Please. B)

Douche move