SDCC 2010

Shanks

Just curious, is there anyone here planning on attending the SDCC 2010?

I am thinking about it and so are a few people I know. Maybe we can all team up and help each other score exclusives?

Any thoughts on the matter?

We can be unionized collectors trying to avoid another Gleek Fiasco.

I'm going but more than likely I'll be hanging out with other people... At least I should be giong but who knows what can happen between now & then

who you hanging out with synch?

im goign bought my $100 dollar badge already on the last day of this years con

who you hanging out with synch?

im goign bought my $100 dollar badge already on the last day of this years con

:D you guys I was hoping lol :D

I feel like I should go to the last couple of Cons in San Diego before it moves.

Is that confirmed ?! I remember hearing rumors of vegas ? :D & ... why not go if you are so close anyways? :D

The studios are pushing for LA (obviously :rolleyes: ). I was really frustrated more than excited this year. There were some good moments, but there were just as many angry moments this year perpetuated by Mattel and Graphitti Design.

But overall, CCI has outgrown the San Diego convention center and everybody knows it. They told SDCon to expand to accomodate them several years ago before their contract ends and they haven't done anything yet. Even if they implemented changes today, they wouldn't have it built in time.

Prob wait til the last minute to get the tickets next year as usual. But I agree it's too big for the convention center and as much as I like going to SD, if it doesnt move when the contracts up I'm not sure if I'll continue to go. Every year when its over, I usually can't wait to go back. This was the first year when it ended, I was actually glad and relieved. Takes a toll on ya when you can barely walk through the aisles let alone stop to look at something and the shuttle traffic was ridiculous.

i love it!!!!!!

Are they doing the unable to transfer tickets thing this year?! Should be interesting to see how fast they sellout with that inplace! The prices for tickets last year on ebay were stupid I could have sold tickets & paid for a flight there loL!

So JJ you guys going to be my sdcc buddies again next year lol?!

idk cuz if we are stayign at friends house or ettign a hotel yet. Dieselboy might go to PI again so we might not have a place to stay like this year unless we stay at another friends house, if not then we have to get a hotel. If we get a hotel you are welcome to stay with us, if we stay at friends house, idk cuz its not our place, u know.

OH lol I mainly meant at the con but I guess we will see what happens either way eh? :D I was wondering m y self if having a hotel right close by the con , like walking distance if that would help avoid some of those nasty lineups at all

oh yeah at con for sure we can hang out. idk lines will be the same no matter where you stay

• 4 weeks later...

you have nycc which is tryign to be sddcc of the east.

tyofair isnt open to the public though, its vendors only

if i can save enough money for the tickets and some for buying exclusives then yeah i'm totally going next year, san diago is like 3 hours from my house but my cousin lives there and i bet they would let me stay at their place ....thou it would be weird if just me and my bro went to comic con almost every day and we would't spend any time with them, seems kinda effed up so i'm gonna have to think of something

Then bring them along for one day at least!!!

I didn't know it was planning on moving!! I might try to make it once before it does!!! So Eldor is next year's exclusive for MOTUC and Plastic Man for DCUC, interesting!!!

if i can save enough money for the tickets and some for buying exclusives then yeah i'm totally going next year, san diago is like 3 hours from my house but my cousin lives there and i bet they would let me stay at their place ....thou it would be weird if just me and my bro went to comic con almost every day and we would't spend any time with them, seems kinda effed up so i'm gonna have to think of something

I like LJs idea of bringing them along even if for one day.. Even if they are not complete nerds like the rest of us there must be some tv shows they watch & if its a new tv show odds are there may be a pannel of some kind to go too... who knows maybe they may be even able to get an autoraph/pic or two loL! Just make sure they know you are going for the comic con & how long it is ect when you ask :D

Hell 3 hours away I don't know why you have never gone before that is nothing! pfft! I drove down from bc now that is a trip! :P Next year I'm os flying though LOL