Who's going to see GIJoe opening day

JayC

My son and I plan to see it over the weekend.

to be honest, i dont hope much for. all i wanna see is a kick ass fight between storm shadow and snake eyes. the film is looking allready like transformers 2 and i just saw some trailers. non stop action and no story to it at all. all in all entertainement and a slap in the face for most of the hardcore fans. we will see.

I plan to see it tonight. I hope I have an open mind enough (or the ability to turn off my brain lol). I think it will be fun, but not much better than that.

to be honest, i dont hope much for. all i wanna see is a kick ass fight between storm shadow and snake eyes.

I'm the exact opposite. While I don't mind if they fight, I'm SO sick of those guys. Ever since the relaunch of G.I. Joe, these guys have been the primary focus of every media (Spytroops, Valor vs Venom, Ninja Battles, Resolute and, probably, Sigma Six too). Popular or not, there ARE other characters.

the film is looking allready like transformers 2 and i just saw some trailers. non stop action and no story to it at all. all in all entertainement and a slap in the face for most of the hardcore fans. we will see.

Your basing the amount of story on trailers? What did you expect to see in them?

Stephen Sommers did us good guys! I was impressed with how they really kept with the core characters from the cartoon and the Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow fights were awesome which I won't give anything away. I even enjoyed Marlon Wayans character as comedy relief. Overall I gave it a B+ and will likely see it again. Of course I wanted abit more but with only 2 hours I understand they can only do so much. It was nice to see Sommers golden boy with alittle cameo too. ;)

I have to say I enjoyed the first half of the movie. I went in with very high hopes. However, the ending was horrible. The CGI looked like it was from 1993. The characters were disappointing, with the exception of Hawk, Snake-Eyes, The Baroness, and Destro. Here comes the spoilers:

An unscarred Snake-Eyes is pretty weak. Yet, not as bad as Cobra Commander being played by Darth Vader.

I plan to see it tonight. I hope I have an open mind enough (or the ability to turn off my brain lol). I think it will be fun, but not much better than that.

to be honest, i dont hope much for. all i wanna see is a kick ass fight between storm shadow and snake eyes.

I'm the exact opposite. While I don't mind if they fight, I'm SO sick of those guys. Ever since the relaunch of G.I. Joe, these guys have been the primary focus of every media (Spytroops, Valor vs Venom, Ninja Battles, Resolute and, probably, Sigma Six too). Popular or not, there ARE other characters.

the film is looking allready like transformers 2 and i just saw some trailers. non stop action and no story to it at all. all in all entertainement and a slap in the face for most of the hardcore fans. we will see.

Your basing the amount of story on trailers? What did you expect to see in them?

storm shadow and snake eyes are my favorite because i grew up with them and i think that swords are better and more respectfull weapons then the simple guns. then i base my opinion on the trailer because in the latest, they show everything in the trailer. i expect much of blockbusters because they can be great. i dont get why some peaple just wanna see a car explode and then say that it is a good movie.

Saw is yesterday, about 3 in the afternoon. Theatre was over 1/2 full.

Good ride, enjoyed it for what it was.

Right after the movie, ran with my step-son across the street to TRU and scoped out the ROC toys, LOL.