Who's going to see GIJoe opening day

JayC

Just curious who is gonna go opening day? I'm really curious to see how this movie does. It's been ripped apart pretty badly but then it turned out to be pretty decent so I'm curious to see what the final outcome for this one is gonna be.

I'll wait till it comes out on DVD..

unless anyone is extra anxious, eager, impatient to see what I have to say about it once I see it? @hmmm@

@haha@

I'll probably see it Sunday morning .

I was going to wait til the DVD , but some of these positive reviews have me damn curious about it now . My prediction for opening weekend is around $26,000,000.

Edit: I just noticed that my local drive-in is gonna have a G.I. Joe & Transformers 2 (which I havent seen either) double feature , so I might check that out Fri. or Sat. night instead .

I'm probably gonna see it Friday afternoon.......I'm curious to see how its going to do as well. Seeing as it has a lot of bad buzz......even though there are good reviews coming out....most of the mainstream news is still bashing it somewhat. Some people I work with want to see it....others say it looks stupid.

I saw this over at USATODAY.com about a week ago......I think its an unfair personal opinion of an article but........it is USATODAY.....and a lot of people read that.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2...omplaints_N.htm

I'm thinking its going to open strong.......with about 45 million. Number 1, But its probably gonna fall hard next weekend. Unless it gets strong word of mouth.....which could help it.

Its funny cause today I was doing some training with Naval Sea Cadets on my boat (I'm a Coastie, they come for 2 weeks in the summer to drill and learn stuff) and one of the kids was 15 and the other was 14. They were talking about "Rambo" and how awesome it was.....the 4th one that came out a couple years ago. I told him he needed to watch Rambo 3 (he was talking about Marines in Afghanistan, and Rambo 3 takes place in Afghanistan) We were just talking about movies and then the one said "GI Joe looks cool......I want to see that; and the other kid said "I think it looks stupid" (Keep in mind these are kids that LOVE the military and can't wait to enlist)

Then they were talking about the Rambo cartoon that was stupid....(I couldn't believe they actually knew about the cartoon, but the one said that its on tv every once and a while) Then the one cadet totally crapped on the GI Joe cartoon.....saying it was stupid.

These kids had no idea that I have a huge GI Joe collection at home....and was watching "The Revenge of Cobra" yesterday to get hyped for the movie coming out Friday. I jokingly said "Hey, thats what I grew up with"

It did hurt a little bit though......... @l@

Sorry to go off topic but I thought it was pretty funny and somewhat relevant to the topic.

But I do hope it does well enough to get a sequel......cause then maybe they can let stuff fly.

I'm going to take my wife to see it this weekend. She's not a G.I.Joe fan but she wasn't a Transformers fan either but I think she liked the first TF movie more than me after we saw it so I'm curious what her reaction will be to Joe.

I'm going to take my wife to see it this weekend. She's not a G.I.Joe fan but she wasn't a Transformers fan either but I think she liked the first TF movie more than me after we saw it so I'm curious what her reaction will be to Joe.

She'll probably have the better of the positions going in, than anyone else. Nothing to compare it to or hold it up against and ZERO expectations other than just wanting to see a good movie for a night out. Don't build her up, just take her and let us know what she thinks coming out? :)

I'm going on the 15th or 16th, with my two sons, at the earliest/cheapest showing.

If it wasn't for them I would have waited till it came out on DVD.