New Hit & Run

DarthJoe

Sorry if this has already been covered, but I checked and didn't see anything...

I finally got around to opening my Assault on Cobra Island 7 pack, and while many of the figures are nice, I can't help but question the issues that are still going on with hands and elbow joints. I understand that these were made with many existing parts, but there are some hand molds that they just need to destroy.

By BIGGEST complaint is with Hit & Run. He has been one of my favorite Joes since I was a kid, and along with Low-Light, it's the Joe I've been most looking forward to seeing in the 25th anniversary style. I was a little disappointed that they didn't include his duffel bag or knife, but I can overlook that.

So tonight, as I'm taking the figures out of the packaging, and posing them, I find out that Hit & Run's elbows don't even friggin' bend. Well, they do, but I don't know many soldiers who take aim at targets 3 feet in front of them on the ground.

Seriously Hasbro, is it that hard to make elbows that bend, and hands that can actually HOLD weapons? Why was this so easy to do 25+ years ago, but today it's a miracle if a figure actually has these qualities?

What a waste of what should have been a great figure...

Woa DarthJoe take a deep breath and count to ten. Do that ten times a day, it helps a person. @loll@

But I get what you are saying, I haven't got the seven packs yet but I've bought figures like that and I here yeah.

I think I read that Hit & Run has the arm from the Gen. Hawk figure, and thus the same "flaw" as that figure.

I also understand that some folks had a simple cure for the arms, that involved some minor cutting/grinding away at the elbow. It might be a worthwhile thing to attempt to get that need functionality back.

I also understand that some folks had a simple cure for the arms, that involved some minor cutting/grinding away at the elbow. It might be a worthwhile thing to attempt to get that need functionality back.

Is this possible without destroying the joint?

I'd be willing to give it a try if it works.

I just finished a mold of the modded/fixed arms. Give me a couple of weeks (Joe Con) to get the small details worked out and I should have a fix for you.

I just finished a mold of the modded/fixed arms. Give me a couple of weeks (Joe Con) to get the small details worked out and I should have a fix for you.

I can't wait to see these.. hope someone makes a "RoC" one too... @hmmm@

it's a really easy fix. You just get yourself a little xacto knife and trim away where the elbow bends. do it slowly and in layers and you wont damage the arm at all. Plus you really cant tell unless you really looked at the arm. I've done both my Hawkss and H&R and now I love them.

I really loved this set but of the seven Hit&Run, who really could've been a spectacular figure, was a bit of a letdown. He's not different enough from Airborn to say "Hit&Run" to me. He just says "Green Airborne" to me.

I guess I'll get the same feeling from the upcoming Rollbar figure.