Will DCUC price increase stop you from buying new figures?

Shanks

A topic was brought up on a different thread about the price of the DC Universe Classics increasing.

If you were to check www.bbts.com , you can see that wave 9 figures are pre-selling for $13.99 and wave 11 figures are pre-selling at $16.99.

Given quality concerns, distribution problems and the "Gleek Fiasco", will this be the final straw or will you keep collecting? Will the price increase alter your collecting?

it hasnt stopped me really because like wheeljack i only get a list Titans, JLAs, so Im gonna buy deathstroke, parasite, supergirl, green arrow, black canary, john stewart, kilowog, black adam, joker, 5pk lex luthor, beast boy, starfire, wonder twins and raven (most likely to win with a big lead)

Well, the previous increase already contributed to me not buying. When I started noticing higher prices for pre-order figures on legit sites like CornerStoreComics, it took a lot of wind out of my sails. Bumping them even higher now just means I'm not really tempted at all anymore.

I still like to look at the pictures and read about what they're doing with the line, but I can't justify spending so much on figures that naturally warp on their own and feel so light-weight in my hands (not to mention the fact they might be broke when I take them out of the package).

Not me I have 2 jobs and one pays real good. The Gleek thing and the MOTU art book did leave a bad taste especially since I was there at the comic con on Friday and just barley missed Gleek, then I find out about vendors getting multiple items and multiple Gleeks with out having to buy Wonder Twins. Maybe the price hike will slow down scalpers, usually items of more cost even when it's a collector's item move slower and scalpers don't take the risk of choking on a stock of stuff.

Yup its going to stop me, I was just getting ready to finally go nuts on this line but now I'm going to go back to the way I originally did it & only get the main/figure I really like! How ever Now I am in trouble if it is a BAF figure that I want :S I don't know at that price if I will even be able to make any $ back on selling figures I do not want ...

I will still buy these because they are cheaper than DC Direct, (which of the last three DC Direct figures I tried to remove from the packaging, two have broken) and they have better articulation than DC Direct and BAF's that I like.

A topic was brought up on a different thread about the price of the DC Universe Classics increasing.

If you were to check www.bbts.com , you can see that wave 9 figures are pre-selling for $13.99 and wave 11 figures are pre-selling at $16.99.

Given quality concerns, distribution problems and the "Gleek Fiasco", will this be the final straw or will you keep collecting? Will the price increase alter your collecting?

I order from BBTS, so I am forced to get a set, but like wave 8, I will sell off what I do not like.

Think the price increase might help the ebay sales of Collect and Connect pieces?

You have to, since the whole figure has cost you more.

Not me I have 2 jobs and one pays real good. The Gleek thing and the MOTU art book did leave a bad taste especially since I was there at the comic con on Friday and just barley missed Gleek, then I find out about vendors getting multiple items and multiple Gleeks with out having to buy Wonder Twins. Maybe the price hike will slow down scalpers, usually items of more cost even when it's a collector's item move slower and scalpers don't take the risk of choking on a stock of stuff.

I am definitely going to keep less in stock. I have not seen wave 8 at retail yet, so I can't even stock them, if I wanted to. Besides, if people are whining about retail price, forget about any mark-up and S&H too!!

NO I plan on continuing to collect them until the line ends. To me it is the definitive DC action figure line I've always wanted. It has taken the best of Super Powers and built splendidly upon it. I hate the price increase but I will continue to collect them because once the line is complete it will be a beauty to behold and I suspect it would be two more decades or more before something comes along to outdo it.

Besides given I only collect just one of anything anymore it doesn't hit my wallet as much as I did when I collected two or more of certain toy lines. Plus I've really pared down my collecting to just DCUC and MOTUC. I used to collect Star Trek stuff but DST pretty much has grounded it to a halt.

I'm not sure what price would stop me, but I'm not there quite yet.

I do find it interesting is how everyone is different. I've read a lot of talk about how people will only get A list characters. If anything I'd want to get the more obscure characters that I'd never see again.

One thing I do think is that whatever the price collecting figures is a luxury and we're all quite priveledged that we have lives than we can have hobbies like this.

I know that's it for me!! I really wanted to continue this line, but the price increases are ridiculous and unwarranted!! I think I will get GA and Martian Manhunter and that will be it as well for me!!! Of course I could see the new waves in the stores and just cave, but hopefully I'll stay strong!!!

We're closing in on an insane TWENTY BUCKS a figure and that's ridiculous for a toy. I don't care what anyone's salary is or what anyone's disposable income is. Throwing away that kind of money on toys is an absolute sin. Whatever your lifestyle, particularly in this economy, there s a far better use of that kind of money that to fritter it away on a stupid toy that you're going to plop on a shelf and gawk at every now and then.

Thus far, I've been right there with Mattel on just about all of these figures. As we hover around the eleven to twelve dollar mark, I'm holding my nose and feeling ashamed as I plunk down this painful sum for these figures. At fifteen to twenty bucks, I refuse to do it anymore. Whether your buying these for your kids or as a collector, no one can justify that kind of expense. Spend the money on food. Pay some bills. Stash it in the bank!

It's going to be interesting to watch how this line performs at retail ...if they ever get there of course. Is Walmart ready for a fifteen dollar Deadman figure to sit on their pegs? If a twelve dollar Captain Cold is clogging the pegs at TRU, how will a fifteen dollar Shark do?

I'm not sure what price would stop me, but I'm not there quite yet.

I do find it interesting is how everyone is different. I've read a lot of talk about how people will only get A list characters. If anything I'd want to get the more obscure characters that I'd never see again.

One thing I do think is that whatever the price collecting figures is a luxury and we're all quite priveledged that we have lives than we can have hobbies like this.

I would agree with this idea. It is fortunate that we can have a hobby like this one and I am indeed quite thankful and enjoy it thoroughly.

Personally, I know that I will probably keep buying they figures and most likely will pre-order. I can also see where obscure characters will be more difficult to find. With a lot of people saying that A-listers will be their focus, Mattel might start changing their case assortments.

yes.

I think I am only going to get Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter.. then I'll be done

I'm thinking the same thing.

To be honest, the only thing DCUC has going for it is that they're in scale with Marvel Legends. If they were an inch taller than ML with the same sculpts and the same....questionable QC, people wouldn't be touching these.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of GOOD DCUC figures, but not $15 good. Not when the same torso, arms, and legs are used for 90% of all male characters.

The superhero toys have run it's course for me anyway. All I really want is ONE good version of the key characters; Supes, Cap. America, Spidey, Batman.....and I've got that. Paying $15 for d-listers like Killer Moth or something wack like a zebra Batman is not an option.

yes.

I think I am only going to get Green Arrow and Martian Manhunter.. then I'll be done

To be honest, the only thing DCUC has going for it is that they're in scale with Marvel Legends. If they were an inch taller than ML with the same sculpts and the same....questionable QC, people wouldn't be touching these.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of GOOD DCUC figures, but not $15 good. Not when the same torso, arms, and legs are used for 90% of all male characters.

The superhero toys have run it's course for me anyway. All I really want is ONE good version of the key characters; Supes, Cap. America, Spidey, Batman.....and I've got that. Paying $15 for d-listers like Killer Moth or something wack like a zebra Batman is not an option.

Huh? Interesting assumption, but I'm a huge DCUC collector and have never bought a ML in my life.

yes.

Huh? Interesting assumption, but I'm a huge DCUC collector and have never bought a ML in my life.

i regret not buying them when i had the chance way back when, they are one of the coolest looking action figures i've ever seen