Guess who has an 86% on Rotten Tomatoes?

JohnnyRebelV2

I think I'm gonna enjoy this movie. Though it's not what I was expecting or would've preferred, I can't jump on the "This is not my GI Joe" bandwagon. After all, 12" fans from the 60s and 70s say the exact same thing about our line, don't they? ;)

No..not really, not for me anyway. I was born in 1962 so the original 12" G.I.Joe is what I grew up with, and when I was 20 years old in 1982 is when these little buggers came out, and I probably didn't take much notice until late '83 early '84 and started collecting them as an adult hobby. My era of G.I.Joe was really quite generic (is that the proper term, do ya think Ken?) in that most ALL of the details and character aspect of those 12" action figures was left up to the imagination of each child, whereas ARAH was just chock full of every little minor detail and developed characterization, and that appealed to me intensely, so much so that my reaction was almost in DEFIANCE of my age, and I decided DAMNIT, this is too cool to miss out on because I'm too old, I'm BUYING these suckers anyway, and then it just kept growing and growing and expanding and adding more and more and the hook was set.

I see the difference of the two as being more like, the adventures I played out, with my "generic" 12" Joes was usually based off of some movie or something I liked at the moment and I'd run out in the backyard and reenact my favorite scenes using my action figures as the main characters from that movie. All my figures basically looked the same, save for some added beards or hair color and no BAD GUYS to distinguish from. ARAH was completely scripted and designed and each character was given such a detailed role in the organization and with all the cartoons and comic books to show them in ACTION, in all their individualized glory...I was jealous, and wanted to be a part of it.

Ah, you're a minority. Like how I 'm one of the few 80s children that like the 12" figures just as much as the little ones. At least that's how I feel sometimes. Do you have any idea how many people I see talk about the 80s Joes as a "disgrace" to the GI Joe name? (and other such insults) Many people tend to just want what they grew up on and though that's understandable, I think it keeps a series from evolving and appealing to new audiences

BTW, It's cool that you like both forms of GI Joe. Like I stated earlier, I'm the same way

It's at 32% on Metacritic, which is similar to Rotten Tomatoes.

I was planning to wait for DVD on this one anyhow. If it had gotten amazing reviews, maybe I would have coughed up 10 bucks. But I very rarely do that these days.

Iron Man 2 will probably be the next one that actually drags my butt into a theater.

But hey, if anyone enjoyed this movie, good for you. It's a subjective thing, and everyone's opinion is of equal value.

Now that its done to 39%, will fans who used Rotten Tomatos to justify the film admit that it wasn't very good?

I already said on friday after I saw the film that it was one 3rd AWESOME and just like a GI Joe movie should be done and two 3rds of the film were quite flawed.

Now that its done to 39%, will fans who used Rotten Tomatos to justify the film admit that it wasn't very good?

Probably not :(

Could we get a mod edit to the title of this post ? :)

But still if they felt they got there monies worth that's something right?

I however felt i was justified in my worrying and complaining.

I hated it for the right reasons and loved it for the wrong ones, but ultimately when it was over and my 3 little nephews left smiling, excitedly declaring which Joes and Cobras they wanted to be, and on and on about the movie. I was satisfied, I don't put my faith in toys, cartoons, comix, or Hollywood, but the sheer elation and excitement my nephews shared with me, made me feel like I was 7 again. I needed that, cause being an adult in these trying times of economic woe and want is depressing, their smiles was all the faith I needed......FIREdevil.gif