Guess who has an 86% on Rotten Tomatoes?

JohnnyRebelV2

Sounds like The Rise of Cobra is going to need a Government bailout if this keeps up?

Guess who has an 59% on Rotten Tomatoes?

I predict it does around $80 mill this weekend. I've seen all the other "summer blockbusters" this summer and they have all been below average for a "summer blockbuster" GI Joe ROC will do just fine at the box office.

Transformer 2 only did just over 60 Million (they tried to blame Micheal Jackson dying for the lackluster opening weekend turnout) so I'm going on record as predicting ROC does a wee bit less and just under 60. Unless another superstar dies, and then I'll predict about 45 mil. ^_^

Transformer 2 only did just over 60 Million (they tried to blame Micheal Jackson dying for the lackluster opening weekend turnout) so I'm going on record as predicting ROC does a wee bit less and just under 60. Unless another superstar dies, and then I'll predict about 45 mil. ^_^

That was TF2's opening day total, right? TF2 made nearly 110 million its opening weekend. I really doubt ROC will come anywhere close to that.

That was TF2's opening day total, right? TF2 made nearly 110 million its opening weekend. I really doubt ROC will come anywhere close to that.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/06/28/...e-transformers/

I guess MJ wasn't a distraction afterall according to this review. :)

I think I'm gonna enjoy this movie. Though it's not what I was expecting or would've preferred, I can't jump on the "This is not my GI Joe" bandwagon. After all, 12" fans from the 60s and 70s say the exact same thing about our line, don't they? ;)

No I don't think GIJoe will make anything near what TF2 made as far as box office take and though I liked the movie overall I question if it will have wide enough appeal beyond Joe fans and kids to even take #1 at the box office this week especially with all the negative press its gotten in the past months.

I question if it will have wide enough appeal beyond Joe fans and kids to even take #1 at the box office this week especially with all the negative press its gotten in the past months.

I think it probably will. There's quite a bit of advertising for it on TV right now, so people will be interested in it.

Still won't do TF numbers though.

Now 55% on RT.

My predictions:

32.5 - 37.5 mil opening weekend domestic box office.

70 - 85 mil end run total domestic box office.

I have no idea how it's going to go for foreign box offices. It all depends on if they think the movie is going to be about American Patriotism or if it's a liberal apology from the Americans to the rest of the world for their arrogance.

Wait a sec...how are so many people voting on this movie on Rotten Tomatoes when it's not even out yet?! Have there been that many advanced screenings this week, or is it just the naysayers voting to drive the percentage down? Hmmm...

Wait a sec...how are so many people voting on this movie on Rotten Tomatoes when it's not even out yet?! Have there been that many advanced screenings this week, or is it just the naysayers voting to drive the percentage down? Hmmm...

There have only been 35 reviews. Out of which 17 like it. Is this really enough info to base the success and quality of a movie? No matter what others say I'm sure I'll like it.

PS. JayC rocks. :).

I read the movie spoiler thread and I am totally glad I already chose not to see it. It sounds like dogcrap extreme. It seriously sounds like elephant shite, it must be too much to ask for the producers to make a movie 100% based on the saga that's already established and as far as they felt like " cobra commander's hood was too much like the ku klux klan" give me a break CC's hood looks nothing like that. Chalk it up to lazy bastard-itis. RT has it at 50%, I'm guessing the positive spin isn't work so well now. @loll@

I read the movie spoiler thread and I am totally glad I already chose not to see it. It sounds like dogcrap extreme. It seriously sounds like elephant shite, it must be too much to ask for the producers to make a movie 100% based on the saga that's already established and as far as they felt like " cobra commander's hood was too much like the ku klux klan" give me a break CC's hood looks nothing like that. Chalk it up to lazy bastard-itis. RT has it at 50%, I'm guessing the positive spin isn't work so well now. @loll@

And yet most everyone has said in the spoiler thread so far they liked it or its adequate, maybe its just you don't really like G.I.joe much????? And no offense but if your gonna be one of these guys who goes around in every thread trying to say the movie sucks without having bothered to see it its going to be pretty hard to take any critisim you might have seriously.

I think I'm gonna enjoy this movie. Though it's not what I was expecting or would've preferred, I can't jump on the "This is not my GI Joe" bandwagon. After all, 12" fans from the 60s and 70s say the exact same thing about our line, don't they? ;)

No..not really, not for me anyway. I was born in 1962 so the original 12" G.I.Joe is what I grew up with, and when I was 20 years old in 1982 is when these little buggers came out, and I probably didn't take much notice until late '83 early '84 and started collecting them as an adult hobby. My era of G.I.Joe was really quite generic (is that the proper term, do ya think Ken?) in that most ALL of the details and character aspect of those 12" action figures was left up to the imagination of each child, whereas ARAH was just chock full of every little minor detail and developed characterization, and that appealed to me intensely, so much so that my reaction was almost in DEFIANCE of my age, and I decided DAMNIT, this is too cool to miss out on because I'm too old, I'm BUYING these suckers anyway, and then it just kept growing and growing and expanding and adding more and more and the hook was set.

I see the difference of the two as being more like, the adventures I played out, with my "generic" 12" Joes was usually based off of some movie or something I liked at the moment and I'd run out in the backyard and reenact my favorite scenes using my action figures as the main characters from that movie. All my figures basically looked the same, save for some added beards or hair color and no BAD GUYS to distinguish from. ARAH was completely scripted and designed and each character was given such a detailed role in the organization and with all the cartoons and comic books to show them in ACTION, in all their individualized glory...I was jealous, and wanted to be a part of it.

And yet most everyone has said in the spoiler thread so far they liked it or its adequate, maybe its just you don't really like G.I.joe much????? And no offense but if your gonna be one of these guys who goes around in every thread trying to say the movie sucks without having bothered to see it its going to be pretty hard to take any critisim you might have seriously.

internet-tough-guy-226x300.png