Guess who has an 86% on Rotten Tomatoes?

JohnnyRebelV2

If the crtic is empolyed by someone else to work for a news paper or such then they are more qualified than joe blow. But if the crtic only has their own site or some blog then they are not much different then Joe fanboy.

the size of the podium does not necessarily reflect the quality of the speaker.

It comes in waves:

First there is complaining and declairations about the "death of GI Joe", "Ripcord's not black", "This is not MY GI Joe".

Next, people see the first trailer: "Hey, that looks kinda cool", "I bet it will still suck, though".

Then, we get the figures which seem to be universally accepted by the fans. Lots of money is spent on toys from a movie that "will suck".

Last, we actually SEE the movie and people then need to go and eat the words they're been repeating for the last year.

The last one is a PREDICTION so far. This pattern follows so closely to the way Transformers fans acted before the first movie it isn't even funny! I just think it's interesting.

this may even play out this way, but that doesn't mean it is certian yet. A lot of you folks that use this mantra tend to forget the legions of people whom still don't like the tf movies. Or other franchises like Spider-man, x-men, or blade that got hit hard for simply bad films (the last one in each of the trilogies)

Some people still dislike x-men for the black suits. Heck i've even met a few (and very few) people that didn't like Dark knight!

This is an argument on a whole we can win, either side. If you want to talk issue by issue, hey i'm all for it. We can talk about directors, actors, script etc. and i think it would be more productive than the whole us vs. them mentality.

Doesn't take much to set off the sensitive types does it?

If my observation of Hollywood being a bit BIASED in their move making and in who they hand their awards out to is such a big deal, when in the process of discussing a movie that's being HYPED by probably the same kind of critics, then I'll be damned...I must be way off base here? But I doubt it. ;)

For somebody that honors (with a signature) a psycho serial killer who drugged, murdered, dismembered, kept frozen and ATE all gay and mostly Black homosexuals...it seems weird for you to jump so hard at the mere mention of a homosexually biased HOLLYWOOD organization? Just another of my 'simple-minded" observations. Take it how you will.

If the "homosexual" is the Great Sean Penn then he's deserves the oscar more than anyone. When Marolon Wayans gets nominataed for best actor for playing a gay guy then you might have a point. A BETTER exmple you could of provided is the chances of geting an oscar nod for playing a handicap, aka "##$%$#" as you would probably say, lol.

I wonder when all they nay sayers will start to admit they where WRONG? Sure it still might not be OUR Gi Joe but it's going to be an awesome movie. Best movie of the summer? Looks like it.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gi_joe/

Should i even bother reading the rest of this thread? How can an opinion you be wrong? Best movie of the summer? you haven't even seen it for yourself! try thinking for yourself a little c'mon! This a tiny section, who have seen the movie in advance. This not the general public, this is not the joe fans. The results are simply not in yet.

Besides, even if this is a "good" movie it doesn't mean a more true to form joe wouldn't have been BETTER.

That was my point! These critics are NOT Joe fanboys. We KNOW this movie isn't what we WANT. But it's still going to be a great summer blockbuster movie.

I personally hate critics they are always full of bs, "oh wow "no country for old men" is an amazing and brilliant master peace of art" , more like boring and slow, that a was 30$ of blue-ray that killed the night for my Friends and I, that's what I get for listening to a bunch of pompous pseudo-intellectuals who can't just enjoy a great action flick because it's not artsy edgy Shakespeare. I loved ROTF and a lot of the other summer movies and apparently the box office did as well @smilepunch@

You got burnt on that No Country For Old Men also huh? @loll@ Man..what a boring-azz, dumbazz ending of a flick THAT was, and I bought it before VIEWING it 1st...which is usually against my cardinal rule, but with all the previews of it (that made it LOOK good) and all the critical acclaim it received, I gave it the benefit of the doubt, of which I'll NEVER do again. Even with this G.I.Joe movie. Speaking of Shakespeare...you'd think that Hollywood must beleive that an actor portraying a homosexual in a MOVIE is tantamount to performing Hamlet or Macbeth?? They divy out enough Oscars to them, I know that, just check the number of movies and Oscars Hollywood has given the actors involved in homosexual roles or themes.

I'll never trust a critic again, and only go by my instincts from now on. It only fails me maybe 10% of the time as opposed to 80% if I listen to someone else.

Oh look it's VH with his simple minded gay bashing again. What a shock! I trust a critic's opinion moreso than some random fool on a message board. Critics are not always right but most are a lot more qualified to speak on a piece of "art" much more so than some fan boys "IMO". IMO, lol.

Vh is simply right. His post doesn't condon or condem the homosexual lifestyle (granted i think we have a good idea of his stance)

How is what he said simply minded? Seemed to me he is looking at a pattern and making a logical deduction. Your anger seems purely emotional and just in tune with listening to others.

Which to you think really involved more prep and acting, being a gay cowboy, or being a phsycotic clown. Clearly Heath thought the later, it drove him off the deep end.

It's really hard for any logical person to deny hollywood leans liberal wither or not they agree with that stance.

Doesn't take much to set off the sensitive types does it?

If my observation of Hollywood being a bit BIASED in their move making and in who they hand their awards out to is such a big deal, when in the process of discussing a movie that's being HYPED by probably the same kind of critics, then I'll be damned...I must be way off base here? But I doubt it. ;)

For somebody that honors (with a signature) a psycho serial killer who drugged, murdered, dismembered, kept frozen and ATE all gay and mostly Black homosexuals...it seems weird for you to jump so hard at the mere mention of a homosexually biased HOLLYWOOD organization? Just another of my 'simple-minded" observations. Take it how you will.

If the "homosexual" is the Great Sean Penn then he's deserves the oscar more than anyone. When Marolon Wayans gets nominataed for best actor for playing a gay guy then you might have a point. A BETTER exmple you could of provided is the chances of geting an oscar nod for playing a handicap, aka "##$%$#" as you would probably say, lol.

poor Sean penn having to play "THE" homosexual.

Clearly Vh is making a point here. Didn't the dixie chicks win just about everyone one the awards they could after bashing Bush? there is a club vibe, liberal films and agendas are "in"

I wonder when all they nay sayers will start to admit they where WRONG? Sure it still might not be OUR Gi Joe but it's going to be an awesome movie. Best movie of the summer? Looks like it.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gi_joe/

Should i even bother reading the rest of this thread? How can an opinion you be wrong? Best movie of the summer? you haven't even seen it for yourself! try thinking for yourself a little c'mon! This a tiny section, who have seen the movie in advance. This not the general public, this is not the joe fans. The results are simply not in yet.

Besides, even if this is a "good" movie it doesn't mean a more true to form joe wouldn't have been BETTER.

That was my point! These critics are NOT Joe fanboys. We KNOW this movie isn't what we WANT. But it's still going to be a great summer blockbuster movie.

To me, there is a flaw in this argument. Don't get me wrong, I hope your right. I just want you to think about this, if this movie is made for someone else entirely than us? why use G.I.Joe at all. I really am glad your admitting this isn't "our" G.I.Joe. our political differences aside we at least agree on that and I do hope I enjoy it for what it is.

It's no where near this level, but remember the Last temptation of Christ? that movie was almost an antithesis of what it's "source material" why do it? Clearly it was for shock value, and simple disagreement with the source material. If Summers wanted to make a classic bond style movie with super suits, let him do it on his own.

Wow. You're insane. My "face" post was a joke, though you're probably too old to remember what humor's like. I'm not taking #$@# personally, I'm asking you if your little rant about "them thar homosexicals" is really necessary on this board or in this topic. This ain't the friggin' Rush Limbaugh message board, it's a G.I. Joe forum and, quite honestly, you need to keep your bigotry and bull#$&* away from here and put it where it belongs, pops. I don't care how you justify it in your warped, senility-ridden mind, it has no place here, nor does it have a place anywhere outside the Ted Nugent/Obama Be Takin' Mah Guns! communities.

As for your little tenter-toed pissy puke comment, I'm pretty sure I do work every day that would cause your geriatric ass to drop dead within 30 minutes, if you would even be tough enough to step outside in the Texas heat at your ripe old age, you piece of garbage.

you Sir are the Bigot! towards anyone you disagree with. You grossly mischaracterized what Vh said, unnecessarily drug in names, you insult vh personally for no reason, and you clearly can take what you dish out.

We could easily tell you to shut your liberal hateful mouth and stay out of our business. Learn some manners, try getting along with other people. Also try to say something intelligent rather than resulting to unreleated personal attacks, that proves you have no ground to stand on.

If the crtic is empolyed by someone else to work for a news paper or such then they are more qualified than joe blow. But if the crtic only has their own site or some blog then they are not much different then Joe fanboy.

One of the more prominent internet movie review/news sites, Ain't It Cool News, features reviews from contributors who have no journalism/newspaper backgrounds.

In fact, I don't think ANY of their reviewers have those kind of credentials, and yet they are all considered to be( even treated as)"professional" reviewers.

Instead, they come from such varied backgrounds backgrounds as working in collectible/comic stores, or video rental stores--and yet AICN is considered to be one of the leading sites for reviews. Those kinds of credentials sound no different any you'd with "Joe Fanboy".

Anyone can gain an understanding of cinema, and be able to review films effectively and all it takes to become prominent is to be consistent, knowledgeable, and entertaining.

Ah, so rotten tomatoes likes it? That's all I need to know to stay away.

Do they typically like crap movies?

Rotten tomatoes is not a person. It's a site owned by IGN that takes all reviews avilable and gives it a % based on positive and negative reviews. It's as unbiased as it gets.

Unbiased yes, but not necessarily accurate. People can rate the movie with actually having seen it, and it's only a sample portion who traffics there sight.

...quite honestly, you need to keep your bigotry and bull#$&* away from here and put it where it belongs, pops...

I can think of some place we could put it, but you probably wouldn't like it...

I personally hate critics they are always full of bs, "oh wow "no country for old men" is an amazing and brilliant master peace of art" , more like boring and slow, that a was 30$ of blue-ray that killed the night for my Friends and I, that's what I get for listening to a bunch of pompous pseudo-intellectuals who can't just enjoy a great action flick because it's not artsy edgy Shakespeare. I loved ROTF and a lot of the other summer movies and apparently the box office did as well @smilepunch@

You got burnt on that No Country For Old Men also huh? @loll@ Man..what a boring-azz, dumbazz ending of a flick THAT was, and I bought it before VIEWING it 1st...which is usually against my cardinal rule, but with all the previews of it (that made it LOOK good) and all the critical acclaim it received, I gave it the benefit of the doubt, of which I'll NEVER do again. Even with this G.I.Joe movie. Speaking of Shakespeare...you'd think that Hollywood must beleive that an actor portraying a homosexual in a MOVIE is tantamount to performing Hamlet or Macbeth?? They divy out enough Oscars to them, I know that, just check the number of movies and Oscars Hollywood has given the actors involved in homosexual roles or themes.

I'll never trust a critic again, and only go by my instincts from now on. It only fails me maybe 10% of the time as opposed to 80% if I listen to someone else.

Oh look it's VH with his simple minded gay bashing again. What a shock! I trust a critic's opinion moreso than some random fool on a message board. Critics are not always right but most are a lot more qualified to speak on a piece of "art" much more so than some fan boys "IMO". IMO, lol.

Vh is simply right. His post doesn't condon or condem the homosexual lifestyle (granted i think we have a good idea of his stance)

How is what he said simply minded? Seemed to me he is looking at a pattern and making a logical deduction. Your anger seems purely emotional and just in tune with listening to others.

Which to you think really involved more prep and acting, being a gay cowboy, or being a phsycotic clown. Clearly Heath thought the later, it drove him off the deep end.

It's really hard for any logical person to deny hollywood leans liberal wither or not they agree with that stance.

This is nothing new from VH. He has ranted about homosexuals many times in the past. His words have history even if he tries to just paint a picture of an isolated rant.

If the crtic is empolyed by someone else to work for a news paper or such then they are more qualified than joe blow.

How can you be "more qualified" to state your opinion on a movie? @loll@

I NEVER listen to what critics say, as I rarely agree with them. Hell, a lot of movies I absolutely LOVE are rated very low on rottentomatoes.com, so I'll just wait until I see the movie before I run around declaring it "the best movie of the summer."

Wow. You're insane. My "face" post was a joke, though you're probably too old to remember what humor's like. I'm not taking #$@# personally, I'm asking you if your little rant about "them thar homosexicals" is really necessary on this board or in this topic. This ain't the friggin' Rush Limbaugh message board, it's a G.I. Joe forum and, quite honestly, you need to keep your bigotry and bull#$&* away from here and put it where it belongs, pops. I don't care how you justify it in your warped, senility-ridden mind, it has no place here, nor does it have a place anywhere outside the Ted Nugent/Obama Be Takin' Mah Guns! communities.

As for your little tenter-toed pissy puke comment, I'm pretty sure I do work every day that would cause your geriatric ass to drop dead within 30 minutes, if you would even be tough enough to step outside in the Texas heat at your ripe old age, you piece of garbage.

you Sir are the Bigot! towards anyone you disagree with. You grossly mischaracterized what Vh said, unnecessarily drug in names, you insult vh personally for no reason, and you clearly can take what you dish out.

We could easily tell you to shut your liberal hateful mouth and stay out of our business. Learn some manners, try getting along with other people. Also try to say something intelligent rather than resulting to unreleated personal attacks, that proves you have no ground to stand on.

Or, what YOU could do, is knock off the "liberal" crap, stop assuming you know my political views, and stop bringing this #$@# up on a toy board. It's pretty simple, really. "Our business" here is G.I. Joe and the discussion thereof, not taking any excuse to forward your own personal agenda because you're rapidly running out of places to spew your hate-filled crap. Yes, I clearly can take what I can dish out, as you so artfully put it.

I fail to see why you or anyone else thinks that just because this board is dedicated to a military toyline, you're allowed to turn it into a haven for radical right-wingers. That's not what this place is about.

If you really want to suggest someone say something intelligent, I'd recommend you learn at least properly spell before you make the suggestion.

Also, just to satisfy your obvious curiosity about my political beliefs, my grandparents were both Marines, my father was an E-7 in the Army, my stepfather is a retired MSGT in the Air Force who did 3 tours in the bush in Vietnam, I currently work for NASA, and I lean pretty far into the conservative spectrum. However, being conservative doesn't mean you have to hate everyone that doesn't adhere to your political views, nor do you have to claim some vast conspiracy when things aren't going the way you think they should be. Personally, all I hate are the unreasonable bigots like we're being exposed to in this very topic. And that's the last you'll get out of me relating to politics or any of the sort.

I'd advise you to learn some manners yourself before sticking your nose in my conversations and letting fly with baseless assumptions about my views.

...quite honestly, you need to keep your bigotry and bull#$&* away from here and put it where it belongs, pops...

I can think of some place we could put it, but you probably wouldn't like it...

Yeah I'm not a big fan of dry anal, but thanks for volunteering, I heard you take it real good. From VH, ironically. Maybe you two doth protest too much?

Personally, all I hate are the unreasonable bigots like we're being exposed to in this very topic. And that's the last you'll get out of me relating to politics or any of the sort.

@lol@

This quote is great.

The only people he hates are the "bigots" who don't think like him. @loll@

poor Sean penn having to play "THE" homosexual.

Clearly Vh is making a point here. Didn't the dixie chicks win just about everyone one the awards they could after bashing Bush? there is a club vibe, liberal films and agendas are "in"

^_^

You know me well Rev...you know me well. While I did drive way out in left field there, in my attempt to point out that Hollywood (and their paid critics) aren't exactly the best (or most reliable) source of prejudging a movie for us and trusting it, because they seem to think playing homosexuals is TOUGH and Oscar worthy, as they do it every time, and then you appropriately brought up the Dixie Chicks deliberate redemption in the face of their scorn in the country western industry for bad mouthing our prez at the time.

If I don't feel they're being honest in what they deem award and praise worthy, how can I trust their reviews? Simply observation, with a pointed explanation or choice of examples, which are not exaggerations..they're simple facts. So much DRAMA over a movie. @haha@

This is nothing new from VH. He has ranted about homosexuals many times in the past.

Just the militant angry ones that call people who don't agree with them "dumb b!tches!"

This "rant" was about Hollywood's endorsement of them and how that shows a biased that diminishes their ability to really be relevant to anything in the REAL world, and that ALL did not evolve from the reviews of the G.I.Joe movie, but to a comment about how No Country For Old Men won their praise and a few of us thought the movie SUCKED, as do most of the Oscar winners do. Hell, if i had my way, I'd be voting for nothing but Disney movies, but Hollywood doesn't care much for animation and voice over acting.

Unless it's a gay character being voiced by a straight actor and then it's VUNDERBAR!! MAGNIFICO!!!

@loll@

You're not really much of a "rebel" are you? More like a JohnnyDramaQueenV1-A?

What Rottentomatoes.com is good for is finding a reviewer you agree with. Take a look at the reviews of the films you've seen, and chances are one of the reviewers matches up pretty good with your own opinions. from then on, look at that reviewer's opinion and ignore the rest.

What Rottentomatoes.com is good for is finding a reviewer you agree with. Take a look at the reviews of the films you've seen, and chances are one of the reviewers matches up pretty good with your own opinions. from then on, look at that reviewer's opinion and ignore the rest.

THAT..is actually damn good advice and right on!

I've used a similar system, only with friends of mine who always seem to know if I'll like something or not. The only problem with that, is that they don't have the ability to see the movie in advance like professional critics can, but they see a lot more movies than I, so they usually have already seen something I'm thinking of checking out for myself.

I've given up on ALL the critics, but you're right, if i find one that I seem to agree with more often than not, that's the one to check out.

Why does it matter what the reviews say, we're all gonna see it anyways!

You win. @lol@

Why does it matter what the reviews say, we're all gonna see it anyways!

You win. @lol@

@grumpy@ YEAH BUT....

:huh:

Nah..he's right! @loll@

I'll stick with my IMDB reviews, thank you very much. I'd say 90-95% of the reviews and messages on the individual forums are from actual people and not some paid shill-monkey, then after checking out what particular reviewers thought of other movies and how in line with my opinion they are, I might make a decision based off of that. Again, I reserve all damning comments until after I've seen the movie, but I fully expect this to be a huge pile.

There's a reason I don't respect the Oscars; why do I care what the Academy likes? God only knows what sort of back stage politics are going on, I'll stick to things like People's Choice or even the MTV Movie awards...at least that's decided by regular Joe Schmoes. Same goes for these "professional critics." All garbage, I say.

This is nothing new from VH. He has ranted about homosexuals many times in the past.

Just the militant angry ones that call people who don't agree with them "dumb b!tches!"

This "rant" was about Hollywood's endorsement of them and how that shows a biased that diminishes their ability to really be relevant to anything in the REAL world, and that ALL did not evolve from the reviews of the G.I.Joe movie, but to a comment about how No Country For Old Men won their praise and a few of us thought the movie SUCKED, as do most of the Oscar winners do. Hell, if i had my way, I'd be voting for nothing but Disney movies, but Hollywood doesn't care much for animation and voice over acting.

Unless it's a gay character being voiced by a straight actor and then it's VUNDERBAR!! MAGNIFICO!!!

@loll@

You're not really much of a "rebel" are you? More like a JohnnyDramaQueenV1-A?

Very true, there is a lot of biased when it comes to Hollywood and the kind of movies or characters or even the type of stories that get a lot of praise, while others don't.

You see this stuff more on shows that are failing and desperately want ratings so they change some character's sexual orientation or they add some stereotype person whether it is the goofy white guy, the ghetto black guy, the latino with the heavy accent, or any other stereotype to try to get more viewers by making it controversial to talk about. Like when GQ calls Kevin Ferderline man of the year and puts him on the cover not because he really deserves it but because that will sell mags. By the way I'm am Latino/Italian and I have relatives with heavy Spanish accents just in case someone took it the wrong way @smilepunch@

Oh I did have a friend who liked "no country for old men" He tried to tell me that he liked it because it was like an old cat and mouse kind of detective old style Humphrey Bogart movie, I've seen The Maltese Falcon and Bogart was not boring or slow :D