Guess who has an 86% on Rotten Tomatoes?

JohnnyRebelV2

I wonder when all they nay sayers will start to admit they where WRONG?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and saaaaay....

AFTER WE SEE THE MOVIE...AND FIND WE ACTUALLY, RATHER, LIKE IT?

@smilepunch@

I'll pinky promise that if I DO end up enjoying it, even if I don't find it to be the kind of version of these characters I would have preferred...I'll be honest about it, and come here to eat my barbecued crow.

It comes in waves:

First there is complaining and declairations about the "death of GI Joe", "Ripcord's not black", "This is not MY GI Joe".

Next, people see the first trailer: "Hey, that looks kinda cool", "I bet it will still suck, though".

Then, we get the figures which seem to be universally accepted by the fans. Lots of money is spent on toys from a movie that "will suck".

Last, we actually SEE the movie and people then need to go and eat the words they're been repeating for the last year.

The last one is a PREDICTION so far. This pattern follows so closely to the way Transformers fans acted before the first movie it isn't even funny! I just think it's interesting.

It comes in waves:

First there is complaining and declairations about the "death of GI Joe", "Ripcord's not black", "This is not MY GI Joe".

Next, people see the first trailer: "Hey, that looks kinda cool", "I bet it will still suck, though".

Then, we get the figures which seem to be universally accepted by the fans. Lots of money is spent on toys from a movie that "will suck".

Last, we actually SEE the movie and people then need to go and eat the words they're been repeating for the last year.

The last one is a PREDICTION so far. This pattern follows so closely to the way Transformers fans acted before the first movie it isn't even funny! I just think it's interesting.

You forgot the scarlett ripcord romance. @puke@ @puke@ @puke@ @puke@ @puke@ @puke@

It comes in waves:

What's funny is that before ANY of us even see the movie..all opinions are merely speculation and based off of whatever previews and chatter about it that either stikes our fancy or seems like a big miss, but even knowing THAT...you wait and see, if any of us "nay-sayers" still find it to be a disappointment, we'll get blasted for it and told (basically) we don't know what we're talking about and our opinions are tainted for whatever reason they decide we have tainted opinions over. @loll@

The DEBATES will never die!

Ah, so rotten tomatoes likes it? That's all I need to know to stay away.

Do they typically like crap movies?

Rotten tomatoes is not a person. It's a site owned by IGN that takes all reviews avilable and gives it a % based on positive and negative reviews. It's as unbiased as it gets.

• Like 1

I was gonna see the movie but now I know some gag inducing details I'll be skipping this horseshit.

I'm with you and so is all my friends who aren't 16 @smilepunch@. I personally hate critics they are always full of bs, "oh wow "no country for old men" is an amazing and brilliant master peace of art" , more like boring and slow, that a was 30$ of blue-ray that killed the night for my Friends and I, that's what I get for listening to a bunch of pompous pseudo-intellectuals who can't just enjoy a great action flick because it's not artsy edgy Shakespeare. I loved ROTF and a lot of the other summer movies and apparently the box office did as well @smilepunch@

Ah, so rotten tomatoes likes it? That's all I need to know to stay away.

Do they typically like crap movies?

Rotten tomatoes is not a person. It's a site owned by IGN that takes all reviews avilable and gives it a % based on positive and negative reviews. It's as unbiased as it gets.

So it's not just the opinion of one pompous jack, but a collection and average of a bunch of pompous jacks oh ;) .

Hey my bro-in law who is about 30 is taking his son to go see it, he like my-self grew up on Joes so I'll let his thoughts on it sway me if I'm going to see it, and if it is great or even good (hard to get past Marlon Waynes being a bad ass though) I will be man enough to admit it and I will Join the ROC lovers :P

I personally hate critics they are always full of bs, "oh wow "no country for old men" is an amazing and brilliant master peace of art" , more like boring and slow, that a was 30$ of blue-ray that killed the night for my Friends and I, that's what I get for listening to a bunch of pompous pseudo-intellectuals who can't just enjoy a great action flick because it's not artsy edgy Shakespeare. I loved ROTF and a lot of the other summer movies and apparently the box office did as well @smilepunch@

You got burnt on that No Country For Old Men also huh? @loll@ Man..what a boring-azz, dumbazz ending of a flick THAT was, and I bought it before VIEWING it 1st...which is usually against my cardinal rule, but with all the previews of it (that made it LOOK good) and all the critical acclaim it received, I gave it the benefit of the doubt, of which I'll NEVER do again. Even with this G.I.Joe movie. Speaking of Shakespeare...you'd think that Hollywood must beleive that an actor portraying a homosexual in a MOVIE is tantamount to performing Hamlet or Macbeth?? They divy out enough Oscars to them, I know that, just check the number of movies and Oscars Hollywood has given the actors involved in homosexual roles or themes.

I'll never trust a critic again, and only go by my instincts from now on. It only fails me maybe 10% of the time as opposed to 80% if I listen to someone else.

I personally hate critics they are always full of bs, "oh wow "no country for old men" is an amazing and brilliant master peace of art" , more like boring and slow, that a was 30$ of blue-ray that killed the night for my Friends and I, that's what I get for listening to a bunch of pompous pseudo-intellectuals who can't just enjoy a great action flick because it's not artsy edgy Shakespeare. I loved ROTF and a lot of the other summer movies and apparently the box office did as well @smilepunch@

You got burnt on that No Country For Old Men also huh? @loll@ Man..what a boring-azz, dumbazz ending of a flick THAT was, and I bought it before VIEWING it 1st...which is usually against my cardinal rule, but with all the previews of it (that made it LOOK good) and all the critical acclaim it received, I gave it the benefit of the doubt, of which I'll NEVER do again. Even with this G.I.Joe movie. Speaking of Shakespeare...you'd think that Hollywood must beleive that an actor portraying a homosexual in a MOVIE is tantamount to performing Hamlet or Macbeth?? They divy out enough Oscars to them, I know that, just check the number of movies and Oscars Hollywood has given the actors involved in homosexual roles or themes.

I'll never trust a critic again, and only go by my instincts from now on. It only fails me maybe 10% of the time as opposed to 80% if I listen to someone else.

Is that necessary? Really?

Is that necessary? Really?

When I'm on one of my usual diatribes about HOLLYWOOD...YES!! It usually goes hand in glove, for me, but that doesn't mean you have to agree, or even like what I have to say. I would certainly hope you're not about to lecture anyone on unnecessary commentary seeing how you just insulted somebody's FACE just prior to acting all indignant to a rant of mine about the mindset of HOLLYWOOD these days? :rolleyes:

Taking a look at your reactions to somebody criticizing a movie and then somebody criticizing HOLLYWOOD...you're something of a real tender-toed p!ssy puke ain't ya....taking it all personally and mouthing off for what? The benefit of a movie director and all of HOLLYWOOD? @loll@ Priceless!

• Like 1

Wow. You're insane. My "face" post was a joke, though you're probably too old to remember what humor's like. I'm not taking #$@# personally, I'm asking you if your little rant about "them thar homosexicals" is really necessary on this board or in this topic. This ain't the friggin' Rush Limbaugh message board, it's a G.I. Joe forum and, quite honestly, you need to keep your bigotry and bull#$&* away from here and put it where it belongs, pops. I don't care how you justify it in your warped, senility-ridden mind, it has no place here, nor does it have a place anywhere outside the Ted Nugent/Obama Be Takin' Mah Guns! communities.

As for your little tenter-toed pissy puke comment, I'm pretty sure I do work every day that would cause your geriatric ass to drop dead within 30 minutes, if you would even be tough enough to step outside in the Texas heat at your ripe old age, you piece of garbage.

• Like 1

I think you've made my case for me here.

• Like 1

Oh look it's VH with his simple minded gay bashing again. What a shock! I trust a critic's opinion moreso than some random fool on a message board. Critics are not always right but most are a lot more qualified to speak on a piece of "art" much more so than some fan boys "IMO". IMO, lol.

• Like 1

Doesn't take much to set off the sensitive types does it?

If my observation of Hollywood being a bit BIASED in their move making and in who they hand their awards out to is such a big deal, when in the process of discussing a movie that's being HYPED by probably the same kind of critics, then I'll be damned...I must be way off base here? But I doubt it. ;)

For somebody that honors (with a signature) a psycho serial killer who drugged, murdered, dismembered, kept frozen and ATE all gay and mostly Black homosexuals...it seems weird for you to jump so hard at the mere mention of a homosexually biased HOLLYWOOD organization? Just another of my 'simple-minded" observations. Take it how you will.

Oh look it's VH with his simple minded gay bashing again. What a shock! I trust a critic's opinion moreso than some random fool on a message board. Critics are not always right but most are a lot more qualified to speak on a piece of "art" much more so than some fan boys "IMO". IMO, lol.

Actually, no.

Take a good look at the background of most of these critics. They don't come from filmmaking backgrounds, or even associations in the film industry. Many of them start out as journalists, so their opinions about movies have only as much validity as the next guy.

All a critic is worth is articulating WHY they don't like something, relevant to how movies are made or stories are told.

I can point anyone to two books ( Robert McKee's "Story", or Christopher Vogler's "The Writers Journey") that would give them the SAME credentials and insight into critiquing film as 99% of these "professional" critics.

Little quick to be lashing out at the previous haters of the Joe flick. Juuuuuust saying...any movie can start at 100% on rottentomatoes if it was only one critique. Add seven more and...the percentage isn't going to vary all that much. The hardcores vote first, the ones that go to advance screenings and the like. Gets good word of mouth out there.

...best movie of the summer?

...really?

I might be a diehard Joe or I may hate this film...but I can tell you with absolute certainty that, at least for me, this is nowhere near the best movie of the summer and I've not even seen it yet.

I wonder when all they nay sayers will start to admit they where WRONG? Sure it still might not be OUR Gi Joe but it's going to be an awesome movie. Best movie of the summer? Looks like it.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gi_joe/

Should i even bother reading the rest of this thread? How can an opinion you be wrong? Best movie of the summer? you haven't even seen it for yourself! try thinking for yourself a little c'mon! This a tiny section, who have seen the movie in advance. This not the general public, this is not the joe fans. The results are simply not in yet.

Besides, even if this is a "good" movie it doesn't mean a more true to form joe wouldn't have been BETTER.