Rumored Wave 12 list

degra

mary marvel and a baf darkseid r musts for me. eclipso, dr midnite, and spectre i wouldnt mind having. desaad sounds familiar but i cant think of what he looks like. was he in the super powers line? dont know copperhead and iron tho.

who would be the main character and what other characters r linked to them?

sorry man, i gotta call BS on this one for a couple of reasons.

1. they are doing the fan choice poll now and MM is on it.

2. no big name figs in the line. (i.e. batman, supes, flash, etc.)

although id really love a Desaad, i dont see this lineup happening..

mary marvel is not on the fans choice poll. captain marvel jr is.

Well supposedly from here on out they don't need a headliner in the wave itself just one of the WGSH like Superman, Flash, Shazam, grey/black Batman, Green Lantern they have inserted in the retail cases.

And the list supposedly comes from someone who saw the list sent out to etailers/retailers to place orders for Wave 12.

If true, it would be the most villian heavy wave we've seen yet.

I like the thought that we've starting on The Metal Men, though I'd like to see a few more Doom Patrol folks first after Robotman and Beast Boy in WAVE 10.

mary marvel and a baf darkseid r musts for me. eclipso, dr midnite, and spectre i wouldnt mind having. desaad sounds familiar but i cant think of what he looks like. was he in the super powers line? dont know copperhead and iron tho.

who would be the main character and what other characters r linked to them?

Desaad is Darkseid's lackey. He's into pain. (Desaad souds like Marquis De Sade...get it??) Who ever said the Kirby was subtle?

Mary Marvel with a white suit variant

Desaad

Eclipso

Spectre with a chase glow in the dark variant

Mr Midnite

Iron

Copperhead

BaF Darkseid

I can only think about the price 120 for a set of these figures, not two sets but one. Last year a set cost between 60 - 70 and the price has now jumped to 120, oil prices are not causing the rise, its a very greedy company who thinks they can get more for their figures because sales are good.

From MoMoney at AFI:

My source is the list that was sent to retailers - and we know one was sent because ETC acknowledges that they know the lineup but can't reveal it yet. One more time:

Desaad

Spectre (glow in the dark variant)

Iron

Mary Marvel (red and white, 50:50 split)

Copperhead

Eclipso

Dr. MidNite

C&C Darkseid

Also "corroborated" by trs of the Fwoosh. I use quotes there because theres no actual proof yet, but I trust this list.

Desaad

Eclipso

Mr Midnite

Iron

Copperhead

BaF Darkseid

I can only think about the price 120 for a set of these figures, not two sets but one. Last year a set cost between 60 - 70 and the price has now jumped to 120, oil prices are not causing the rise, its a very greedy company who thinks they can get more for their figures because sales are good.

Actually, toy prices across the board are going up (not just action figures or DCUC), not due to oil costs, but due to the massive number of factories in China closing after government crackdowns due to all the lead and toxin problems from the last couple years.

Add in new American regulations/taxes in regard to pollution caused by factories and toys aren't ever going to be cheap again, it's not Mattel raising the price just because people will pay it (and you know they will).

About this list, it's been pretty well confirmed as legit. There's also 7 All-Stars in this wave, so there's no need for a specific "headliner".

The list has been confirmed by 'marillion' (aka Peace, Chip) from AFI & Fwoosh.

Would the non-variant Mary be in red or black?

Would DeSaad come with a Super Powers version and a comics version?

This is an interesting list and I would buy them all...but I'm a DC fanatic and buy everything DC anyway. I also agree though that I would like to see the Doom Patrol finished before we start in on the Metal Men. A wave with Negative Man and Elasti-Girl as the C&C would be awesome, imho! Just like I'd like to see a wave with Platinum and Alloy as the C&C.

Desaad

Eclipso

Mr Midnite

Iron

Copperhead

BaF Darkseid

ya...i wouldnt say iron or damn near anyone else on this list besides darkside and MAYBE spectre is all star worthy

Actually, toy prices across the board are going up (not just action figures or DCUC), not due to oil costs, but due to the massive number of factories in China closing after government crackdowns due to all the lead and toxin problems from the last couple years.

Add in new American regulations/taxes in regard to pollution caused by factories and toys aren't ever going to be cheap again, it's not Mattel raising the price just because people will pay it (and you know they will).

About this list, it's been pretty well confirmed as legit. There's also 7 All-Stars in this wave, so there's no need for a specific "headliner".

The list has been confirmed by 'marillion' (aka Peace, Chip) from AFI & Fwoosh.

I'm starting to think I've got a grasp on Mattel's thinking. It's not in their interest to complete groups until much later in the line. For example if someone is intent on completing all the SuperPowers characters, their interest in the line would wane when they're done.

This way Mattel keeps their interest on the waves waiting for the ones they want, and maybe seing others and going "OOoooo that one looks cool!"

The same goes for all the groups too.

I would guess that Red would be normal and White would be a variant, with the off chance of seeing a Black in a two pack with Black Adam down the line (wishful thinking of course).

The lineups are getting increasingly obscure. I suppose sales are still good, though I'm seeing a lot of pegwarming now that Mattel has finally got these to more than one retail chain. I hope they're being careful with this line still. You can't just stop doing popular characters because then only the hardcore DC fans will buy it.

I'm starting to think I've got a grasp on Mattel's thinking. It's not in their interest to complete groups until much later in the line. For example if someone is intent on completing all the SuperPowers characters, their interest in the line would wane when they're done.

This way Mattel keeps their interest on the waves waiting for the ones they want, and maybe seing others and going "OOoooo that one looks cool!" The same goes for all the groups too.

That's been their plan since day 1!! Which is why we got the headliners spread out throughout the line, and not just in the first wave as most lines would do!!! For all their asinine moves when it comes to exclusives, they know how to keep the fans salivating for more!!!

It's actually quite a nice wave, though I thought a Superman would be included since Darkseid is the BAF!!!

This way Mattel keeps their interest on the waves waiting for the ones they want, and maybe seing others and going "OOoooo that one looks cool!" The same goes for all the groups too.

That's been their plan since day 1!! Which is why we got the headliners spread out throughout the line, and not just in the first wave as most lines would do!!! For all their asinine moves when it comes to exclusives, they know how to keep the fans salivating for more!!!

It's actually quite a nice wave, though I thought a Superman would be included since Darkseid is the BAF!!!

They're keeping me come back for more. The nice thing about the teases with Iron, Robotman, etc is that we know that the rest of the team will be coming later. I've waited years for a good Doom Patrol set.

I would guess that Red would be normal and White would be a variant, with the off chance of seeing a Black in a two pack with Black Adam down the line (wishful thinking of course).

sounds like something cheap they could do, so y not? i want a black costume mary marvel so i would buy that 2-pack.