Mattel Monkeys Around With Collectors Again

JayC

I hate to sound like Kupp here but this reminds me of when Seibertron and the Don Murphy board had a little war going on over the first Transformer movie and Don Murphy's people came onto Seibertron and started trolling and the Seibertronians did the same at his board.

Of course this situation was over a toy but it still sounds the same

BTW what does fwoosh cover anyways? Until this thread I never heard of the place I assume it might be a toy/entertainment site

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My God!!! The nerve of some of you people...I've been defending myself left and right in here, I haven't let hardly a single thing go by without an answer, clarification, or one-uppance, whichever was appropriate and now I have to defend myself for not defending myself??? Some of you aren't well.

And--yet again, for the third time now--I'm forced to ask, "Where have I been defending Mattel at all?"

No one can answer that, yet everyone seems capable of lobbing around the accusation. To reiterate, I haven't been defending Mattel in any way, I was criticizing Jay's article before he added the update. There's a difference, I wasn't taking either side.

Everything's black and white with some of you people.

And 'jjlecaros', why would someone who works PR for Mattel want them to be mad at them for any reasons?

Dude, that joke doesn't even make any sense, at least throw some effort into it if you're gonna try to take a dig at me. Maybe you should just stick with poorly typed non sequiturs, they seem to be more your speed.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go change into my Piffy costume. :rolleyes:

I hate to sound like Kupp here but this reminds me of when Seibertron and the Don Murphy board had a little war going on over the first Transformer movie and Don Murphy's people came onto Seibertron and started trolling and the Seibertronians did the same at his board.

Of course this situation was over a toy but it still sounds the same

BTW what does fwoosh cover anyways? Until this thread I never heard of the place I assume it might be a toy/entertainment site

It's more a fansite, than a news site like TNI, but they mainly stared off as a Marvel Legends board and have since kind of morphed into a general "superhero toys" based board ever since DCUC hit big.

They cover all kinds of action figures, though, not just ML & DCUC.

EDIT: Ok, I feel bad for screwing up Piffy's joke, but LOOK!!! We both just posted at the same time!!! Let's see Superman and Clark Kent do that!

oh man you got me there with the typing slam.

This whole time youve been saying how unfair its been for mattel, how everyone is ganging up on them and dont have their facts straight.

honestly what does matter to you? unless you work for them.......why havnt they addressed the situation already?

as far as the double posting....come on really I can say that you posted one on ur iphone and the other on your comp and thats how you both posted at the same time.

"Boasting I kicked ass over here?". I never said that. However, if I must, here's EVERYTHING I ever posted on AFI:

Yeah, Jay doesn't know what he's talking about and it's irresponsible for him to label his diatribes as "news". It's an editorial and if any real news site did that, they'd be rightfully looked down upon.

I enjoyed posting Matty's old facebook notes that contradict many of his "points" in the thread linked to his article. He's still trying to defend himself in there and making himself look even worse in the process.

marillion asked this:

LOL @ "Sad Violin."

Where's the thread where Jay gets picked apart??? I wanna read that one! :)

Peace,

Chip

And this was my response:

Heh, "picked apart" might be stretching it a little, but here ya go:

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showt...65503&st=50

The good stuff starts on Page 3. There's definitely a few instances of things he "reported" in his article that were refuted.

Then marillion welcomed me there and I thanked him- that was a post, but didn't refer to TNI or this at all. Then this:

Heh, yeah, I can tell! Someone's already quoted me from here over on TNI. My sudden appearance here is getting a lot of attention!

Then this was my response to Toy Otter's welcome:

Welcome to AFi, Grimace!

(Now bring the rest of the Fwoosh with ya! ;) )

J.

Hey, thank you, Mr. Otter, sir! Man, you guys really know how to make a guy feel welcome. (Especially compared to the reception TNI's been giving me lately :) )

Let's not get too hasty, though, I don't plan on turning in my 'Official Fwooshering Card' anytime soon, but I'll definitely have to try to "hang around" here a bit more. But, hey, with Chip, Cajun, & Rex here, I hardly feel like I've left Fwoosh at all.

So, yeah- I'll be around. Thanks again for the warm welcome, everyone.

Then, it got a little strange when 'arowdygator' followed me over there, but he doesn't seem to be trying to start anything, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt:

hello all, grimace has convinced me to try this place out...just seeing whats out there

Huh. Um, well...ok... hello 'gator.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the main person who's been antagonizing me over on TNI? Not that I'm bothered in the least that you're over here, just curious why you said I "convinced you to try this place out"?

I swear, the last thing I'm trying to do is start anything here (ask Chip and the rest who know me, I'm really not the drama-starting type), but I'm a little hesitant to trust that you're here for the right reasons.

I hope that's not true, though, and that maybe you've come over to try to help bury the proverbial hatchet, which I'd be all for.

And.......there you have it. Every single post I've ever made on AFI.

I'll admit that first one was a little snippy, but even when someone said, "Where's the thread where Jay gets picked apart??? I wanna read that one!", I could've been all kinds of dickish and thrown in some insults or taken claim of "picking Jay apart", but instead I said, "Heh, "picked apart" might be stretching it a little, but here ya go" and just linked him the article so he could see for himself and make his own judgment.

I still think you are wrong. And claiming that you have pointed out that Jay was wrong because you have found some tiny technicalities, that don't even let Mattel off the hook, is bull crap. You are the one that is wrong.

as far as the double posting....come on really I can say that you posted one on ur iphone and the other on your comp and thats how you both posted at the same time.

You got me, there! I also have a laptop I let my other personality use.

Guess I'll have to find a more clever way to defend myself.

*snaps fingers*

(Seriously...are you being serious? Aren't you a moderator? If you have this insane suspicion, can't you check our IP addresses or something if you're really that curious?)

im just sayign i dont really care if you are the same person or not.

I still think you are wrong. And claiming that you have pointed out that Jay was wrong because you have found some tiny technicalities, that don't even let Mattel off the hook, is bull crap. You are the one that is wrong.

When has he tried to get Mattel off the hook? These accusations of him defending Mattel and "getting them off the hook" and what-not keep coming up, but why has everyone been unable to supply evidence of this? Where is he defending them? Hasn't he stated multiple times he thinks they fucked up, and that everyone SHOULD be mad?

Freakin' GENIUS, Newt! Love it.

that rap was genius?

I think I have figured you out. You aren't here to correct "journalistic problems."

You are here to be the champion of an indefensible crime. Solely to be cheered by people at other forums because of their biased POV.

No matter what you say, you won't be right. Jay was there. Were you there? If a guy that was there has these opinions and misunderstandings of Mattel's announcements, then doesn't that prove that some other people might have as well?

Mattel messed up. And they didn't do a good enough job to inform people of the gleek issues or to correct their mistakes. End of story.

You can talk until you are purple in the face, but you and the folks at fwoosh are the only ones who will think you have accomplished anything.

You will go back and have fwooshers applaud you and write ##$%$#ed songs about you.... and you will bathe in this "glory".... hilarious, and sad.

I think you stepped over here because you thought your beloved fwoosh was being bashed, and it never was. But by the time you figured that out it was too late, and you needed to try to win this to save face.. But it's futile. You can think you did something here, but you are just being delusional.

Some of you aren't well.

Heal thy self as they say.

I'm not the one who hasn't posted on this board in a long time and I'm not the one whose first post back after a long hiatus is to attack the owner of the board then to run off to other boards to talk about his great adventures putting so and so in their place then scurrying back to this board to talk some more smack with your own Fwoosh lapdog in tow who only registered to be your mouthpiece.

No matter what you say, you won't be right. Jay was there. Were you there? If a guy that was there has these opinions and misunderstandings of Mattel's announcements, then doesn't that prove that some other people might have as well?

I think this hits the essence of the argument - Some people misunderstood and are upset. Other people understood perfectly well, and are defending them for that reason. I for one understood perfectly, so I feel the article isnt entirely fair, but I do see where the confusion could come from.

Some of you aren't well.

I'm not the one who hasn't posted on this board in a long time and I'm not the one whose first post back after a long hiatus is to attack the owner of the board then to run off to other boards to talk about his great adventures putting so and so in their place then scurrying back to this board to talk some more smack with your own Fwoosh lapdog in tow who only registered to be your mouthpiece.

And the Diarrhea-of-the-Mouth syndrome continues, again sans fact-checking. This little lapdog registered here years ago. And I scurried over here on my own.

Piffy doesn't get towed around.

You guys are hysterical.

I think this hits the essence of the argument - Some people misunderstood and are upset. Other people understood perfectly well, and are defending them for that reason. I for one understood perfectly, so I feel the article isnt entirely fair, but I do see where the confusion could come from.

Bingo. People misunderstood, and when they were corrected they took it personally.

Continue with the anger at Mattel. No one has said they don't deserve it. Just make sure the anger is coming from the right places.

Some of you aren't well.

And the Diarrhea-of-the-Mouth syndrome continues, again sans fact-checking. This little lapdog registered here years ago. And I scurried over here on my own.

Piffy doesn't get towed around.

You guys are hysterical.

Maybe they'd like you better with the cute avatar, it got a pretty good reception at AFI....I think the one you're got here is scaring people. @loll@

oh man you got me there with the typing slam.

This whole time youve been saying how unfair its been for mattel,

Never said that...

how everyone is ganging up on them

...or that...

and dont have their facts straight.

...I said that about the main article, but I don't think I said it to anyone else.

honestly what does matter to you? unless you work for them.......

...oh, you don't know how far up this goes, man. Not only am I a Mattel employee, Fwoosh co-conspirator and Piffy-impersonator, I'm also a high-ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Commitee. We're currently working on legislation to ban the sale of all action figures in brick & mortar stores and release all of our toylines only at a secret bi-annual comic con in Bridgeport, Connecticut. (be sure to look for updates on Matty's Facebook page!)

why havnt they addressed the situation already?

I will give you this is a problem. One of several I have with Mattel.

Thanks for assuming I can afford an iphone, I'll actually take that as a compliment.

Well said, sir. You have me convinced. We had quite the round of virtual tete-a-tete going there for a bit, but clearly you've bested me.

Ok, let it go everyone!! Grimace, has made his point. JayC, has edited his story, everyone else just let it go!!!

Let's talk about the real issues, the bunch of monkeys that are running the boys division over at Mattel!!! They are the clods that decided on the exclusive, they are the ones that did not follow their own limits, they are the ones that misplaced an entire case of Gleeks, and they are the ones that stupidly gave them away instead of just offering them randomly to customers on August 3rd!!!

Mattel should be our focus from here on out!! Enough with this board vs that board!!!

Maybe they'd like you better with the cute avatar, it got a pretty good reception at AFI....I think the one you're got here is scaring people. @loll@

Hahah! I actually tried that one first, but it was stretching, so I swapped it out until I can figure out the proper dimensions. :P

Did you read where he explained exactly what he meant by his statement, and why he said it? Or did you just see the chance to dogpile a little more and jump on it? How is any of this debacle supposed to be taken seriously by Mattel when the angry fanbase can't even get the facts straight? I think they're plenty of guilty of putting enough spin on the situation without the customer/fanbase making it worse with inaccuracies.

the article should be taken seriously by mattel because it shows that they never did enough to make their ridiculous plans or their SDCC operation clear enough to fans.

Facts straight? Nobody has proven that the little cardboard sign (which we know wasn't put up in time and was changed around a few times)or matty's multiple facebook announcements (I don't visit matty's facebook page!) made everything clear to all collectors. Should we expect that all 150,000 possible customers at SDCC everyday went to matty's facebook page to learn about how gleek would be handed out?

and finally, you are one of the people that got a free gleek on fwoosh.. so we can't even take you as a fair voice.

Ok, let it go everyone!! Grimace, has made his point. JayC, has edited his story, everyone else just let it go!!!

Let's talk about the real issues, the bunch of monkeys that are running the boys division over at Mattel!!! They are the clods that decided on the exclusive, they are the ones that did not follow their own limits, they are the ones that misplaced an entire case of Gleeks, and they are the ones that stupidly gave them away instead of just offering them randomly to customers on August 3rd!!!

Mattel should be our focus from here on out!! Enough with this board vs that board!!!

Amen brotha!

Er...Sista.

My God!!! The nerve of some of you people...I've been defending myself left and right in here, I haven't let hardly a single thing go by without an answer, clarification, or one-uppance, whichever was appropriate and now I have to defend myself for not defending myself??? Some of you aren't well.

what one-uppance? only in grimace-land

And--yet again, for the third time now--I'm forced to ask, "Where have I been defending Mattel at all?"

No one can answer that, yet everyone seems capable of lobbing around the accusation. To reiterate, I haven't been defending Mattel in any way, I was criticizing Jay's article before he added the update. There's a difference, I wasn't taking either side.

when you turn the blame away from Mattel and ONTO fans, that is defending Mattel. You have made several claims that Mattel should be completely let off the hook for fans thinking that gleek might be included with the twins, or not knowing that gleek would sell out and did "sell out"

Hey, if I am at the con and see a sign that matty is selling a wondertwins with gleek set, I might go ahead and buy me a white boxed set and think I will get all the stuff shown in that poster. (but oops, I was supposed to read matty's facebook page first and realize that gleek wasn't in there).

Or if I am waiting in a line that is a few hundred people long for hours.. I might not see a little cardboard sign until I get up to the front, and I might also be confused by the one right next to it that tells me I can get these items at mattycollector.com later. Or heck, they may have taken the sign down while I was in line to make changed to it.. whatever...

it is not our job to make sure that matty does everything smoothly.

When has he tried to get Mattel off the hook? These accusations of him defending Mattel and "getting them off the hook" and what-not keep coming up, but why has everyone been unable to supply evidence of this? Where is he defending them? Hasn't he stated multiple times he thinks they messed up, and that everyone SHOULD be mad?

As I pointed out... he is shifting blame ONTO fans. that is defending mattel.

ALSO, we don't cuss at this forum. I would appreciate it if you could refrain from doing so in the future.

You can talk until you are purple in the face, but you and the folks at fwoosh are the only ones who will think you have accomplished anything.

You will go back and have fwooshers applaud you and write ##$%$#ed songs about you.... and you will bathe in this "glory".... hilarious, and sad.

Well, no need for that. As you pointed out yourself, there are people here who are literally writing songs about me. Literally!

And go ahead and wander over to Fwoosh and try to find all this boasting and bragging and name-calling everyone says I'm doing. You know why no one's done that yet?

IT DOESN'T EXIST!!!!!

I think you stepped over here because you thought your beloved fwoosh was being bashed, and it never was. But by the time you figured that out it was too late, and you needed to try to win this to save face.. But it's futile. You can think you did something here, but you are just being delusional.

Think what you want, but there are multiple examples in this very thread where I've clearly stated I never thought TNI was attacking Fwoosh. Not my fault you aren't paying attention, but I can't blame you. I mean, you're only a mod, why should they be held to any kind of higher standard?