Mattel Monkeys Around With Collectors Again

JayC

JayC is stating his opinion, and he's entitled to that, as both a collector and a site owner. He doesn't have to be fair about it, and he doesn't have to take a position that everyone agrees with.

Translation: You don't like it, there's the door ? Duly noted, and accepted... but I'm a member of this community and frequent reader of the site and I have my opinion too... and I thought this was a discussion thread, where it would be... I don't know... discussed ?

There's nothing stopping you or anyone else from articulating a valid counter-argument.

I believe people have made some solid counter-points, but counter-arguments usually require a response of some sort from the original person you disagreed with, at very least acknowledging those points, and countering them if that's required. That doesn't appear to be happening.

I know, I know... if I don't like it... noted and accepted, I shall keep my yap shut henceforth.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so, someone has a badge and a reciept.

how does Mattel know they didn't already get a Gleek?

simple. As I have stated before (you just don't read for some reason)...

A receipt would be the most sure fire way to do this. The receipt will give the day and time of your purchase. If Mattel put up the "gleek sold out" sign on Saturday morning, then they know that all purchases made after Saturday morning failed to receive the free gleek.

EXAMPLE :

"Dear Mattel. Hi, Here is my receipt from Sunday, when you guys said you were sold out of Gleek figures."

"Thank you for emailing us. We are sincerely sorry about this mistake. Your gleek figure will be mailed to you soon. thank you for giving us here at Mattel the chance to please our customers."

OMG.. that was sooooo impossible and hard to do. It would probably break the internet!

A lot more people didn't get Gleek at the Con than there were leftover Gleeks. So, your "example" is incomplete. Here's how it continues:

"Dear Mattel. Hi, my receipt is from Sunday morning and you were said to be out of Gleeks."

"Thank you for emailing us, but all of the leftover Gleeks have been mailed out at this time. We apologize for the disappointment."

"Dear Mattel. I am writing to you very upset. As you can see from my receipt, I purchased the Wonder Twins 2 pack on Sunday at 11 am. I am aware of at least five fellow collectors on the message boards who have recieved their Gleek in the mail, and none of their receipts are time stamped before 2:30!! I was in line for more than TWO HOURS before them, but they are getting Gleeks and I am not! What kind of #$@# business are you running?!"

It gets worse from there.

@lol@ you can't be serious. I am sure that there were more than 100 people that didn't get a gleek that they rightfully deserved. But don't you think the moral and ethical thing to do would be to deliver those 100 gleeks to at least SOME of the people that didn't get their gleek? Instead of giving them to a website full of people who didn't even attempt to get a gleek figure?

"Dear Mattel, I am writing to ask about acquiring one of the gleek figures that you found after the con. I have heard that you guys found 100 of the little guys accidentally left behind. I bought one on Sunday, here is a scan/picture of my receipt as proof. Can you please send me one please? I made sure that I accualy went to the convention because you stated that the exclusive gleek would only be available at SDCC and that it was a "prize" intended for those fans that actually went. Thanks for your time."

"Dear Fan, thank you for sending in proof that you bought the set and didn't get the gleek figure that you deserved. Unfortunately, we here at Mattel don't really care that you didn't get your gleek. We do apologize that you actually spent so much time, effort, and money to go the convention. But at the same time, you should have known who you were dealing with beforehand. We are Mattel afterall. As is, we do not have any gleeks to send to you or to anyone else that actually deserves it. Instead, one of our head guys gave all 100 of them to one of his friend's website, so that they could be distributed at random to only people that visit that forum, not actually people that should get the gleek figure. If we did try to send them to you and the other fans that didn't receive their gleek, it would take some time. We just don't have the patience to try and please our fans. I hope you understand that. So you keep on buying, and we will keep kicking you in the nuts - Sincerely, Mattel rep"

I believe people have made some solid counter-points, but counter-arguments usually require a response of some sort from the original person you disagreed with, at very least acknowledging those points, and countering them if that's required. That doesn't appear to be happening.

I am still failing to see how anybody has countered what Jay has said. What "inaccuracies" or "falicies" are even there, that detract from what the man is saying.

I am seeing two points that you can contend with:

1. That Mattel didn't announce that they were sold out.

It has been pointed out that Matty put up a little cardboard sign on Saturday to note that the gleek figures were gone. However, has anybody been able to prove where that sign was. If it was up the entire time. If it was up at multiple locations. If it was viewable to everyone... etc etc.. A 6 inch piece of cardboard at comic-con doesn't prove that Mattel told everyone that they had sold out.

2. That fans might have expected to find gleek in their set when they opened it later

It has been pointed out that matty announced that gleek would be included separately in a little baggie on their facebook page or whatever. However, does anybody have proof that this announcement was read by everyone? We have to remember that not everyone is a serious nerd when it comes to this stuff. Not everybody spends day and night looking for info on this kind of thing. Mattel didn't put out this news to everyone, they put it on their facebook page, from what I have heard. Sure, I knew he was being included separately, and even if I didn't, I would have checked out my set after I got it just to see if it was in good shape... but that doesn't mean everybody else did. I am sure lots of people trusted that they were buying an item from the biggest toy company in the world, and waited til later to check them out. They were at the SDCC and wanted to spend their time doing con stuff. The picture at the con showed gleek and the twins in one pic, not the twins in a box and gleek in a bag.

okay, so what else are you guys arguing about?

And does any of it prove that Mattel didn't do a really messed up thing?

A receipt would be the most sure fire way to do this. The receipt will give the day and time of your purchase. If Mattel put up the "gleek sold out" sign on Saturday morning, then they know that all purchases made after Saturday morning failed to receive the free gleek.

EXAMPLE :

"Dear Mattel. Hi, Here is my receipt from Sunday, when you guys said you were sold out of Gleek figures."

"Thank you for emailing us. We are sincerely sorry about this mistake. Your gleek figure will be mailed to you soon. thank you for giving us here at Mattel the chance to please our customers."

OMG.. that was sooooo impossible and hard to do. It would probably break the internet!

A lot more people didn't get Gleek at the Con than there were leftover Gleeks. So, your "example" is incomplete. Here's how it continues:

"Dear Mattel. Hi, my receipt is from Sunday morning and you were said to be out of Gleeks."

"Thank you for emailing us, but all of the leftover Gleeks have been mailed out at this time. We apologize for the disappointment."

"Dear Mattel. I am writing to you very upset. As you can see from my receipt, I purchased the Wonder Twins 2 pack on Sunday at 11 am. I am aware of at least five fellow collectors on the message boards who have recieved their Gleek in the mail, and none of their receipts are time stamped before 2:30!! I was in line for more than TWO HOURS before them, but they are getting Gleeks and I am not! What kind of #$@# business are you running?!"

It gets worse from there.

@lol@ you can't be serious. I am sure that there were more than 100 people that didn't get a gleek that they rightfully deserved. But don't you think the moral and ethical thing to do would be to deliver those 100 gleeks to at least SOME of the people that didn't get their gleek? Instead of giving them to a website full of people who didn't even attempt to get a gleek figure?

"Dear Mattel, I am writing to ask about acquiring one of the gleek figures that you found after the con. I have heard that you guys found 100 of the little guys accidentally left behind. I bought one on Sunday, here is a scan/picture of my receipt as proof. Can you please send me one please? I made sure that I accualy went to the convention because you stated that the exclusive gleek would only be available at SDCC and that it was a "prize" intended for those fans that actually went. Thanks for your time."

"Dear Fan, thank you for sending in proof that you bought the set and didn't get the gleek figure that you deserved. Unfortunately, we here at Mattel don't really care that you didn't get your gleek. We do apologize that you actually spent so much time, effort, and money to go the convention. But at the same time, you should have known who you were dealing with beforehand. We are Mattel afterall. As is, we do not have any gleeks to send to you or to anyone else that actually deserves it. Instead, one of our head guys gave all 100 of them to one of his friend's website, so that they could be distributed at random to only people that visit that forum, not actually people that should get the gleek figure. If we did try to send them to you and the other fans that didn't receive their gleek, it would take some time. We just don't have the patience to try and please our fans. I hope you understand that. So you keep on buying, and we will keep kicking you in the nuts - Sincerely, Mattel rep"

exactly.....seems hard to believe some people here are a bit dense headed to grasp the concept. all thye had to do is hold them and give them out to deserving people that went to sdcc.

Mattel should have known how many they had. It wouldn't have taken a genius to figure out appx where in the line they'd run out of monkeys. And then issue a warning to everyone past that point that they'd likely NOT get one, but that they could still purchase the Wonder Twins. This gives people a chance to jump out of line and take their chances on matty.com (which has them so they must have had a LOT more twins than monkeys).

mattel should have:

-set a limit per badge...not the crap of buy 6 then get in line and buy another 6

-not set a daily limit of what htey are allowed to sell. Preview night they "sold out" of everythign and i had to go the next day to buy the exclusives.

-held on to those 100 and at least tried to get them to people that went to comic con and missed out on them and not just said f it and them we'll give it to random schoms who didnt even go. Or at least just add them to the first 100 orders on matty website today, and had it be 1 gleek per order, not sets. Ex: guy buys 3 wonder twin sets online they only get one gleek.

Well it's about to be midnight over here in Kyle, and the Wonder Twins are still available!! Hmmm wonder if that means something!!!

Anyhow, I see the conversation continues!! Honestly guys, there's no way Mattel could do right by the attendees at SDCC once the show was over!! The best idea would have been to include the Gleeks randomly to orders that were taken today!! At least you had a shot at a Gleek instead of just the first 100!!!

The best thing for next year is to have some sort of customer service liaison. Someone who's job it is to make sure things go smoothly, limits are set and followed, scalpers/dealers are turned away, and other issues to make sure the customers walk away happy!!! Mattel, hire me and I promise you this will never happen again!!!

For those that didn't get a Gleek and want one, please hurry and get one from eBay. I have a feeling he will increase in price much like Wave 5 figure. I first managed to score Gleek on ebay before SDCC from what appeared to be a decent seller and received it last week without any problems. He only charged 53.00 which isn't a major or crazy markup, the second one I got was 80.00 and it seems like prices are probably going to go higher so get them now if you want one.

My reaction: Wow. Just simply Wow on this whole ordeal for people who partly went to SDCC(I'm going to assume someone doesn't just go to Conventions just to get the Toy Exclusives) to get the Wonder Twins and Gleek and how they are screwed royally by Mattel on that "Dam Blue Monkey". I was one who never really had a problem with Gleek being an Convention Exclusive(Con Exclusive is a Con Exclusive. That said, I do agree that Exlcusive Gleek should of had a SDCC logo somewhere, and the Matty Collector Club Exclusive with regular Gleek), but still, this mishandling I've kept reading about in varous message borads really make me think Mattel has to change their practaces with Convention Exclusives.

Now someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, but hasn't many or almost all of the Mattel SDCC Exclusives in the past also appeared in the many Wizard World Coventions(Chicago and Philly in particular), eventhough in the past, they've always said SDCC only? Just checking.

ou paid 133 dollars for 2 gleeks? or with the twins? either damn but if just the gleeks wow

For those that didn't get a Gleek and want one, please hurry and get one from eBay. I have a feeling he will increase in price much like Wave 5 figure. I first managed to score Gleek on ebay before SDCC from what appeared to be a decent seller and received it last week without any problems. He only charged 53.00 which isn't a major or crazy markup, the second one I got was 80.00 and it seems like prices are probably going to go higher so get them now if you want one.

l'm glad you have gotten a set close to retail since it was suprising to see that there was a lot of sellers sellin the set with monkey for 60 durin sdcc. Now, they are around 100.

I am still failing to see how anybody has countered what Jay has said. What "inaccuracies" or "falicies" are even there, that detract from what the man is saying.

It has been pointed out that Matty put up a little cardboard sign on Saturday to note that the gleek figures were gone. However, has anybody been able to prove where that sign was. If it was up the entire time. If it was up at multiple locations. If it was viewable to everyone... etc etc.. A 6 inch piece of cardboard at comic-con doesn't prove that Mattel told everyone that they had sold out.

2. That fans might have expected to find gleek in their set when they opened it later

It has been pointed out that matty announced that gleek would be included separately in a little baggie on their facebook page or whatever. However, does anybody have proof that this announcement was read by everyone? We have to remember that not everyone is a serious nerd when it comes to this stuff. Not everybody spends day and night looking for info on this kind of thing. Mattel didn't put out this news to everyone, they put it on their facebook page, from what I have heard. Sure, I knew he was being included separately, and even if I didn't, I would have checked out my set after I got it just to see if it was in good shape... but that doesn't mean everybody else did. I am sure lots of people trusted that they were buying an item from the biggest toy company in the world, and waited til later to check them out. They were at the SDCC and wanted to spend their time doing con stuff. The picture at the con showed gleek and the twins in one pic, not the twins in a box and gleek in a bag.

okay, so what else are you guys arguing about?

And does any of it prove that Mattel didn't do a really messed up thing?

Not everyone who is buying the Wonder Twins at the SDCC isn't a super nerd? REALLY?

Sorry, but that's a bit rich. Wonder Twins and San Diego Comic Con add up to major nerdage.

And it wasn't just posted on Facebook, it was posted on every toy news board around, INCLUDING THIS ONE.

If you went to the con and bought a Wonder Twins pack and thought Gleek was supposed to be in the package, you are STUPID. That's not Mattel's fault. It's your own. Anyone who didn't know that is completely stupid. Unless they just randomly got in the line and hadn't heard of this beforehand. Which in that case, they shouldn't have been bent out of shape about it because they wouldn't have known they were supposed to be getting a Gleek in the first place.

Sorry but it had to be said. Mattel isn't to blame for people being dense.

The shortage of Gleeks you can blame them about, but Mattel made it very common knowledge that Gleek was a seperate bagged item.

l'm glad you have gotten a set close to retail since it was suprising to see that there was a lot of sellers sellin the set with monkey for 60 durin sdcc. Now, they are around 100.

As the count down to SDCC was near, I knew I wanted a set with the monkey so I searched eBay to find someone with positive feedback and a good rep, plus an CA location and I preordered it 2 days before the event. I noticed that since the SDCC, the prices jumped to around 60, then 80 - 100 in price. I checked around again for a decent BIN now price for the second, 80.00 including shipping while the bid wars were taking it higher than the BIN prices.

Hindsight is 20/20, I should of bought 2 sets for 53.00 bucks, waited too long for the second set

Hindsight is 20/20, I should of bought 2 sets for 53.00 bucks, waited too long for the second set

80 for the WT and Gleek is still a deal since gleek himself might be 80 by himself in a few months.

You can always sell off your extra WT figs in a few months and make up some of the cash you have lost

i hope people just won't buy the gleekless sets on mattycollector... so that mattel will be like damn, now what will we do with all these things.

of course, there could be all kinds of adverse side effects like mattel concluding such and such doesn't sell, etc. but i dunno how else to send them a message that we are displeased. i can't stress enough that not offering/having enough gleeks (and i even went to the con) is $40 saved.

EXAMPLE :

I agree I have my receipt from the con on Friday.On the receipt it has what I bought also the date and time 07-24-2009 2:12pm, Gleek had sold out at around 1PM, mostly the people in line from 1pm and earlier were vendors with some normal people mixed in that got their fast pass from the day before. The vendors had boxes of stuff some of them still had them in the Mattel brown boxes, you know the ones at the stores you see on pallets. Well I could not find an email address to customer services but they do have a number, I'll call them tomorrow and let you guys know what they say.

I wonder to those that got gleek does it say on your receipt??? if someone knows that would help. This Wednesday I'm going to Frank&sons and I'm going to stop by the Mattel shop near my house to see what they sell, maybe I'll ask there too.

I agree I have my receipt from the con on Friday.On the receipt it has what I bought also the date and time 07-24-2009 2:12pm, Gleek had sold out at around 1PM, mostly the people in line from 1pm and earlier were vendors with some normal people mixed in that got their fast pass from the day before. The vendors had boxes of stuff some of them still had them in the Mattel brown boxes, you know the ones at the stores you see on pallets. Well I could not find an email address to customer services but they do have a number, I'll call them tomorrow and let you guys know what they say.

I wonder to those that got gleek does it say on your receipt??? if someone knows that would help. This Wednesday I'm going to Frank&sons and I'm going to stop by the Mattel shop near my house to see what they sell, maybe I'll ask there too.

Interesting question about if it says gleek or not on the bill... sounds like its all random to me though... & I can tell you what they will say at this matty shop hwere ever it is... & what there reactions will be... " :o call the cops this nut job is talking about some kind of blue munky :o "

Interesting question about if it says gleek or not on the bill... sounds like its all random to me though... & I can tell you what they will say at this matty shop hwere ever it is... & what there reactions will be... " :o call the cops this nut job is talking about some kind of blue munky :o "

all too true @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

In regards to your first point:

An array of visual evidence of 'Sold Out' signs clearly posted in Mattel's store area:

DSC03314.jpg

IMG_6428.jpg

IMG_6429.jpg

IMG_6431.jpg

IMG_6488.jpg

(Pics originally posted by Studmuffin & Veebee on Fwoosh)

Obviously, not all of those are Gleek-related, but all together, they help give a broader scope of the whole scene. In the pics with the MOTU figs, you can see that they had professional looking printed 'Sold Out' signs/stickers that got slapped on the menu board, whereas with the Wonder Twins, they made a seperate little hand-made sign to specifically designate "GLEEK Sold Out" as opposed to "WT & Gleek Sold Out". If you look closely in the second pic down, you can see there's actually two signs by the WT's. The first hand-made one that was posted when Gleek sold out and then the second professional sticker over the Twins when they sold out later.

You can see where all the signs are. They were viewable to everyone. People were informed.

In regards to your second point:

My main issue here is that in Jay's editorial tirade, he implies a lot of people were expecting them to be --not inside the main WT box-- but somewhere in between the outer plain white protective slipcover case and the main box.

...really??? Every press release and announcement said they were poly-bagged separately, not inside any box at all--who didn't know that?!?

Like 'sHa_ckwave' put better than I could have, who goes through all the trouble, pain, and hassle that it takes to even get to the counter, spends that much money, and then doesn't check to make sure they got everything? I don't even leave the freakin' drive-through at McDonald's before making sure they didn't forget something, there's no way I'd just "trust" the schlubs behind the registers at the booth to get it all right.

I mean, I'm not heartless, I can sympathize with anyone who didn't get a Gleek they thought they paid for, but it's their own fault for not being more observant and some people need to learn how to take more personal responsibility and stop blaming others for their own mistake.

I almost forgot that this was never addressed.

'arowdygator', in two seperate posts, you had some rather libelous accusations about me. Take a look for yourself:

you had like 50 posts at the beginning of of this topic, which amounts to less than 1 a month i beleive. you came here dumping on people adn going back to the Fwoosh forums and basically calling JayC a liar and the posters here dumbasses.

i went and read the alot of the forums.

ya there are sometimes more posts but its fluff. like a one word or sentance reply to something.

no my point was that Grimice is what he is. hes bascially calling JayC aliar on another forum and the people that post here dumbasses. thats a click-y kinda thing.

Ok- first off- it's Grimace. Although, "Grim-ice" is totally gonna be my new rapper-name, so thanks for that.

But back to my point, you said a lotta crap up there that isn't true about me. Like, so far from true I can't possibly figure out where you came up with it. Where -exactly- on any site, in any post- did I ever call posters here any names at all???

Never happened. Not here, Fwoosh, AFI- not anywhere. That's not my style, man. The whole reason I started posting in here was to help inform the people who use this site everyday about all the problems with Jay's story. I'm not a name-caller or an instigator-- I'm Grimace: Man of the People. ;)

Also, this:

he wasnt bashing any site but was perceived that way by grimace and grimace is basically on other forums saying he had to straighten jays sour grape ass out.

...isn't anywhere close to anything I've actually said on any other sites (or here), but I can't say that I completely disagree with the sentiment.

However, I've also never said or thought that Jay was bashing on Fwoosh at all, I said other people were. Not here, just around the internet in general, mainly Matty's Facebook page.

Jay did throw a little dig at Julius from AFI, though, and that I don't get. I thought it was undeserved and kind of out of nowhere to bring up, but not "bashing" necessarily.

However, I've also never said or thought that Jay was bashing on Fwoosh at all, I said other people were. Not here, just around the internet in general, mainly Matty's Facebook page.

Jay did throw a little dig at Julius from AFI, though, and that I don't get. I thought it was undeserved and kind of out of nowhere to bring up, but not "bashing" necessarily.

Grimace, so how was it undeserved? I didn't even mention the site or person by name and you seem to be perfectly aware of what and who I was talking about. Did I mis-represent what had happened? Or are you simply saying it's unfair that I pointed it out?

But you are right it was a little bit of a dig, I just don't think it was undeserved and though it is a little off topic of the whole Gleek mess overall I think it is part of the bigger problem that these companies try and use these "fansites" by sending them these toys and gifts as incentive to overlook things like the Gleek issue. Now that's my opinion but I have a right to state as such.

Someone asked in the beginning of this thread why TNI didn't get Gleeks or Wonder Twins. Well a) I didn't ask, but b.) and this would speculation on my part as Mattel certainly has and never would come out and say this but I'm sure its cause we have pointed out many of these issues, like Gleek, like the availability of products, like the server issues of their website, like lead paint in their products. But here is the thing, I don't care if they send us a free toys or not, that's not why TNI is here. We aren't here to catter to Mattel, or Hasbro or any other company and if we ruffle some feathers so be it, but we are here for our readers and so when something like this arises we are going report about it. Always have and always will, and your right often times it means im not the most popular guy at the toy convention, but that's ok. I don't do this to be popular or even necessarily to be liked, but obviously I'm doing something right cause I along with the others that contribute to these sites, we created from nothing, the largest toy publication out there reaching over a million readers on a monthly basis.

Now Grimace I have to ask you. You seem to have an agenda here to try and defend something that pretty much and pretty clearly is something that is undefendable. It seems pretty clear that the majority of people here and elsewhere believe how Mattel handled this Gleek mess was out of line, and yet you have been very intent on trying to defend Mattel, and defending the sites supporting them in this, far beyond what seems to me to be what any casual fan would do, which you certainly have a right to do but if have some stake or some type affiliation with one of those parties then I think you should disclose that as well. So I'm just asking if you do or not?

Oh and Grimace to address your pictures of the sign there. Im glad to see they at least did that, but I didnt see that sign there, and obviously many others didnt either. And there is no indication of when exactly they put those up? Your trying to find some techincallity that Mattel did no wrong when the majority of Mattel customers feel otherwise and thats the issue.

Again besides the sign the people handing out the twin sets with no Gleeks at the booth should have said to people buying them there is no Gleek, would you still like to purchase this item? That would take two seconds and would have alevated this whole problem.

Just like its so hectic at that con that Mattel misplaced a whole case of Gleeks you can obviously understand how most people would easily miss a small sign like that.

Oh and in the interest of fairness I have updated our news story on this with the inclusion of Grimaces image of the small sold out sign. I don't think it was nearly enough or lets Mattel off the hook but it at least was something.

I just wanted to thank Jay Cochran for the article and JayC for posting the article on the front page. Any time a company the reputes them self as a "collector friendly" or "collector minded" company and the screws collectors like this needs to be taken to task for it and in my opinion really owe an explanation and a APOLOGY (still waiting Mattel, stop blaming the collector or back pedaling and changing your story, just say hey, we screwed up). I'm not going to get into a long diatribe here (I already posted a long, long response on Matty's Facebook page hoping it would go those that matter) because frankly I'm pretty tired after reading all the post on this subject and I'm even one of the ones that went to Comic Con, waited in line Preview night to be turned away since I was Press, then wait in line all morning Thursday to be turned away and told I had to wait in a whole other line first to get a ticket to buy them, which I then did to get a ticket to wait in line Friday at 5pm to only be told the "sold out" of Gleeks. Long story, short after waiting and checking back Saturday and Sunday (I guess this was before they mysteriously found this box of Gleeks, which I don't buy at all, just like when they "sold out" of He-Man and Skeletor right before Beast Man was released) Anyways, I bought my Wonder Twins sans monkey, so at least I saved on shipping. I thought about speaking with my wallet and going with out altogether (and still am contemplating putting up my whole collection on eBay like I did with Master of the Universe after collecting became to much of a chore) but at least for right now I still want to at least support the 4 Horsemen and other artist who have worked to make this line that I love so much. But after 10 years of going to Con and actually getting each and every one of Mattel's exclusives from Man-Bat, to Grundy, She-ra, to even Keldor (and even their first He-Man statues way back in the day) this was the first year making the 2 hour drive back home with a frown on my face and empty handed, only to now go online and have salt rubbed on an open wound "with this found box" and even more the lack of any kind of apology or acknowledgment from Mattel for how poorly they handled the exclusives sale this year (lack of clear signs on how the process worked, i.e. the need for this "fast pass" ticket and where to get it, the poor control of limiting the amount to each customer, I saw people walking away with cases of Wonder Twins and He-Ro, some of which I talked to and found out were International vendors getting product to resell at their store, rude customer service people, when I questioned if they were going to get more Gleeks, they just said "look this is all we have, if you don't want it you can just get out of line and come back later and check I guess" and then had then she just rolled her eyes and sighed when I persisted to ask how they could be totally sold out only the 2nd day in and insisting she give me my "fast pass" back so I wouldn' t have to wait in that line again to check back tomorrow, poor planning, not having enough Gleeks to at least sell each day, I mean they ran out by Friday morning, that's only the 2nd official day of the Con, that's just ridiculous) So thanks, for the well written article calling into light this egregious customer service fiasco from a company that is trying to make a name for itself as collector friendly company (calling their website Matty Collector, and Toy Guru spouting off in every single interview how much they work to give the collector what they want, which he did when I interviewed him last year about the launch of the site and now after all their missteps that have made it more a boon for the scalper and not the collector makes me just want to scream.) maybe one day they'll accept responsibility (and stop blaming the collector for not getting to Con several hours early, then forgoing any panels or anything else, to wait in two lines, wasting a whole day to get the little blue monkey that they made for 2 cents in China and should have been packed into this exclusive set) and apologize to the people that have supported them with their money and even turned other onto their product with their enthusiastic fandom.