Mattel Monkeys Around With Collectors Again

JayC

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this wasnt an issue. someone that doesnt post here all that much came on to defend a site that, even according them, were not being bashed compared to other sites. just wanted to stir the pot.

but can we agree now with the release of around 100 gleeks to a website it should not be considered an exculsive?

this wasnt an issue. someone that doesnt post here all that much came on to defend a site that, even according them, were not being bashed compared to other sites. just wanted to stir the pot.

but can we agree now with the release of around 100 gleeks to a website it should not be considered an exculsive?

I think it is safe to say that these are no longer exclusive and I think it is safe to say that Comic Con goers should be pi$$ed.

Wait in line for hours to get a fig with the expectation to get a Gleek figure. You get to the front of the line and Gleek is gone.

Then you get home and find out that Mattel is going to be giving these things away on another site. It is almost like a slap in the face.

The bottom line from my mind is this, its bunk the 100 or what ever number went to Fwoosh or anywhere else!! They should have gone to people who missed out at the con!! JJ, Clam, etc are right, it would not have been that hard to get them to people who did not get them!

Draven

thnak u at least someone sees that it could work....btw draven im keeping ur gleeks lol jk

Yeah, Mattel I'm sure sends the most honest decent folk to run that booth . The same reason the one guy had PILES of the MOTU book and people were just selling Gleeks without the twins being listed on FEE-Bay . That fat head Matty boy came back and he's as crooked as a dogs hind leg. Plain and simple Mattel didn't want to deal and passed to the buck to FWOOSH and I'm sure they will distribute the Gleeks in an orderly and justified fashion .

WTF

I'm one of those people that waited inline for hours and bought the Wonder Twins even though they said they sold out of gleek, and this whole time their was a missing box. F@#!@#@#@ .Crap my ocd is not happy about the Twins with out their blue monkey "damned dirty ape! " "YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! OH, DAMN YOU! GODDAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

(quotes from the late great Charley Heston planet of the apes)

Dude...Grimace has been here a lot longer than you have, even if he hasn't posted a lot. You seem to have a major hard-on for bashing Fwoosh as a whole (as you've alluded a number of times in this very thread). Grimace pointed out the errors in a "news item". If you're taking some level of personal offense, then that's honestly your problem. If he was stirring the pot, then you are most certainly stirring the kettle.

EDIT: And yes, this is my first actual post here. That is not to say I'm a stranger to these boards. Far from it.

Dude...Grimace has been here a lot longer than you have, even if he hasn't posted a lot. You seem to have a major hard-on for bashing Fwoosh as a whole (as you've alluded a number of times in this very thread). Grimace pointed out the errors in a "news item". If you're taking some level of personal offense, then that's honestly your problem. If he was stirring the pot, then you are most certainly stirring the kettle.

EDIT: And yes, this is my first actual post here. That is not to say I'm a stranger to these boards. Far from it.

where did i bash Fwoosh? i didnt. i said they are obscure, bland. thats it and that aint bashing im not taking any level i just dont like when someone claims they just looking out for journalistic intergrity when that is most def not the case.

Unless anybody kept there reciepts from Comic Con which I doubt how could anybody get one?

If they made more by some strange miracle they would charge for it still screwing you the people who picked one up at the SDCC Giving them to a site was still a very atupid thing to do

Can anybody here think of a solution without bashing Mattel right now?I wasn't there and don't know how it could of been proved to Mattel you have a Twin set

I know there not everybodies favorite

Hell they haven't been my fave since before they canceled the MOTU line from earlier this decade

Picture-1.jpg

Howard: Boy, you sure pissed a lot of people off!

Gleek: What? I'm just a corporate monkey happy to still have a job! Sure, better decisions could have been made from a marketing and distribution standpoint, but I am just an F---ing Monkey!

the easiest way is the receipt or look on ur bank statemnet, then keep some for replacements not really that hard.

Unless anybody kept there reciepts from Comic Con which I doubt how could anybody get one?

If they made more by some strange miracle they would charge for it still screwing you the people who picked one up at the SDCC Giving them to a site was still a very atupid thing to do

Can anybody here think of a solution without bashing Mattel right now?I wasn't there and don't know how it could of been proved to Mattel you have a Twin set

Hell they haven't been my fave since before they canceled the MOTU line from earlier this decade

I have my receipt, I always keep them on purchases that I use a card on. I am going to email my situation and when I get a response I'll post it here,

I have my receipt, I always keep them on purchases that I use a card on. I am going to email my situation and when I get a response I'll post it here,

Please do I'm curious what kind of response you will get

The issue is Mattel had an obligation to get those Gleeks to those who went to the con and bought the sets like they had originally stated. Please don't try to tell me you wouldn't be pissed if you got home after standing in lines for hours to get that set with the impression you would be getting Gleek and find you hadn't gotten it.

And how would you suggest they should have done that?

Also, not sure if anyone else has mentioned it already, but Mattel made it pretty clear ON THEIR FACEBBOOK PAGE, that Gleek would be in limited supply at SDCC and there was no guarantee there would be enough for every WT set. Also, the idea that people didn't know there wasn't a Gleek inside the box until they got home and opened it....that's weak. Anybody that was wanting this set knew that Gleek was an extra and not in the package. Come on.

I origionally heard he was supposed to be given to you when you bought the set?

Plus the idots at Mattel should of known this would of been huge and would of made more money if it was released to stores

LOL Sounds like my rant on the Botcon threads about the Transformer exclusives :P

I guarantee you it would warm the hell out of the pegs if it were released in stores. Maybe a fraction of a fraction of toy collectors give a crap about the Wonder Twins. If characters like Superman and Shazam are warming pegs, which they are in my area, the Wonder Twins would go on clearance in two weeks. Don't overestimate the amount of people who want them. Hell, I'd go so far as to say half the people throwing a fit right now don't even care about Gleek, they just take every opportunity they get to freak out on Mattel.

I guarantee you it would warm the hell out of the pegs if it were released in stores. Maybe a fraction of a fraction of toy collectors give a crap about the Wonder Twins. If characters like Superman and Shazam are warming pegs, which they are in my area, the Wonder Twins would go on clearance in two weeks. Don't overestimate the amount of people who want them. Hell, I'd go so far as to say half the people throwing a fit right now don't even care about Gleek, they just take every opportunity they get to freak out on Mattel.

One way could of been an exclusive to one store or I hate to admit would be on mattycollector

I origionally heard he was supposed to be given to you when you bought the set?

Plus the idots at Mattel should of known this would of been huge and would of made more money if it was released to stores

LOL Sounds like my rant on the Botcon threads about the Transformer exclusives :P

LOL, I had the same rant about Joe Con.

Not saying you're wrong, but uh, how did Sonic Arm Cyborg and Unmasked Batman Beyond end up at everyone's Target and Wal-Mart? And how do all those convention exclusives (Giganta, Lobo, Invader four pack, Soundwave, etc.) end up on the companies respective Web sites?

Again, NOT saying you're wrong, but I am asking you to clarify.

when the company you had exclusive contract with no longer exists, and you're sitting on a mountain of unsold product, you find a way to open distribution channels.

but Wal-Mart still exists. SDCC still exists.

so, your flawed logic is just that.

And what do you have to say about the other part of the question wise-ass? If companies like Mattel and Hasbro have contracts to not sell convention exclusives outside the convention then why do they pop up on their respective Web sites right after?

If you going to be a troll, at least be a thorough one.

again, the figures they sell on the site aren't the same as the ones at the con.

For instance: The "Andy" Buzz Lightyear is only available at the con.

Gleek is only available at the con.

The SDCC Stamp He-Ro is only available at the con.

anything that was available at both places was negotiated as such BEFORE the con. And the con agreed to it.

but the con wanted some items that were ONLY AVAILABLE there. That's how that works. It doesn't take much to figure that out.

What would the Federal Trade Commission get Mattel on??? What did they do wrong that would warrant the FTC to investigate??? Well other than piss off their loyal fanbase??

well, they did promise in their announcements that fans that attended the SDCC would receive the "prize" of GLEEK until it was sold out.

Obviously, they didn't sell out, yet still told attendees that he was.

Then, instead of attempting to correct their screw-up and fulfill their promise, they gave them away to one of their employee's buddies

first off, they believed they had sold out.

second, how are they gonna 'correct their screw up' with 100 Gleeks?, how the hell do they know who did and didn't get one at the con?

c'mon, people, THINK.