Mattel Monkeys Around With Collectors Again

JayC

show a receipt or mail iin the broken....and because this idea is workign so much better.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Mattel actually had more than three, it is a dick move that they gave them away to people for prizes especially how they could have included them on Monday or better yet, held onto the figures for any people who received defective figures.

If what Venture said is true that Fwoosh only gotten 3, then I do not see what if the problem since I don't see it as any different as a radio station given out a sold out ticket to a concert. I do wish that Mattel kept more for replacements

Okay, I think I see cjfan's point!!

People, if we are to truly show Mattel what it means to alienate your fanbase, then stop buying the line right now!! Let the scalpers get their He-Ro's and Wonder Twins tomorrow. Let them sit on their shelves till they collect dust, so that they get out of the game!! Return your figures that you can and get your money back! Do not buy anymore waves! Then and only then when they see the glut of figures sitting on pegs and in their warehouse will they come crawling back and apologize!!! cjfan, I agree with ya.

However I still think you rag on ML a bit much!!! ^_^ Yet I do know they had their fair share of problems!! Just looking at my bow legged Hawkeye and my scrawny Vision proves it!! But then I see that beautiful Juggernaut and classic John Romita Hulk and they can do no wrong!! Ha ha!

I bought them for six years, they couldn't have been that bad.

I think you're misinterpreting my criticism. Back in the day most of it was aimed at a bunch of clowns telling us ML was the greatest thing since sliced bread and picking out the flaws in DCUC-the same flaws the Legends have.

And seriously, the recent criticism towards Hasbro is warranted.

show a receipt or mail iin the broken....and because this idea is workign so much better.

Have there been many reports of broken Gleeks? I haven't seen any. Plus, a receipt is probably not going to show whether they got a free Gleek or not, just that they paid for the WT.

For Mattel, you bet your ass this worked out better. They didn't have to transport the Gleeks anywhere, just hand em off to the people from Fwoosh right there at SDCC. They didn't have to spend a dime to distribute them.

I think you're misinterpreting my criticism. Back in the day most of it was aimed at a bunch of clowns telling us ML was the greatest thing since sliced bread and picking out the flaws in DCUC-the same flaws the Legends have.

I see, you're going after the nit pickers, and not the line itself!! See it now!! Yeah, the ones with rose colored glasses.

Agreed, what Hasbro did was pretty bad!! Removing washes, taking away some of the better articulation, and giving us lackluster BAF. Up until the Fin Fang Foom wave, I had not picked up a single Legend since Toy Biz!!! I left the line dead, just like I'm going to do with this line!! Just like everyone should do who's tired of Mattel's lack of concern for their clientele!!

Sending them the broken figures would, in my opinion, work best so as no one can cheat.

Spending money to ship products would not be a problem for Mattel esp how they are a big company. Hasbro usually pays for shippin when an item is broken, so why not Mattel?

I see, you're going after the nit pickers, and not the line itself!! See it now!! Yeah, the ones with rose colored glasses.

Agreed, what Hasbro did was pretty bad!! Removing washes, taking away some of the better articulation, and giving us lackluster BAF. Up until the Fin Fang Foom wave, I had not picked up a single Legend since Toy Biz!!! I left the line dead, just like I'm going to do with this line!! Just like everyone should do who's tired of Mattel's lack of concern for their clientele!!

i love DC too much to leave it cuz of these issues, ive called and mailed my complaints. ive been buying DC 6 inch since DCD started it and im not gonna stop now

Sending them the broken figures would, in my opinion, work best so as no one can cheat.

Spending money to ship products would not be a problem for Mattel esp how they are a big company. Hasbro usually pays for shippin when an item is broken, so why not Mattel?

THERES A IGNORE FEATURE?!!?! MEANING IVE BEEN LISTENING TO DOOM SABERS CRAP FOR NOTHING?!?!?

LOL

yeah and now they have even more peopel pissed off. Whether there have been reports or not it doesnt matter people coem and post here if they had a problem or not, they would go straight to the source. I mean how can they trust that all the gleeks went to fwoosh memebrs and the admin didnt keep half of them for themsleves to sell on ebay?

thats what sideshow does ,they ask for proof of you destroying the original peice to get the replacement.

whats your solution then smart guy

i love DC too much to leave it cuz of these issues, ive called and mailed my complaints. ive been buying DC 6 inch since DCD started it and im not gonna stop now

Then you really shouldn't complain when they screw up the paint on your Green Arrow or make a blue monkey exclusive to one convention.

There is absolutely no solution that is going to appease everyone. Plain and simple.

They can't easily get them to the people who didn't get them at SDCC. They can't just easily add them on to orders from the website.

And if the 100 went to TNI, I doubt this thread would exist. :)

im sure it would cuz other sites would be here complaining and people here would complain they didnt get any or god forbid someone here got that went to sdcc.

The best solution, make more!! The only people that would #$#@# and moan would be the scalpers or speculators!!! Screw them, let's get the Gleeks into the hands that want them!!!

Well, yeah. That's the best solution to the bigger problem of Gleek being an exclusive. I don't dispute that Mattel royally screwed up with that decision. So I'm not buying the WT set as a result. But to get in a tizzy over how they handled a single case of leftover stock is silly.

im sorry but i think thats crap. its an exclusive, if you cant go or get soemone to help you then sorry to bad.

Then you really shouldn't complain when they screw up the paint on your Green Arrow or make a blue monkey exclusive to one convention.

where did i complain about QC issues? find the post...go ahead...ill wait...oh? you cant? cuz i dnever did...quit dumping on peeps...you alwasy bring up the troll issue but it is you who are the troll

where did i complain about QC issues? find the post...go ahead...ill wait...oh? you cant? cuz i dnever did...quit dumping on peeps...you alwasy bring up the troll issue but it is you who are the troll

Well you can't really debate the QC issues of a figure that hasn't been released can you? Oh and uh, you did start an entire topic about how upset you were about Gleek, so we have that.

Once again the pot calls the kettle black. I didn't even bring up trolling with you this time. In fact I agreed with a lot of things you said here. But feel free to continually try and start an argument with everybody. You're history pretty much proves you to be an expert.

If Mattel actually had more than three, it is a dick move that they gave them away to people for prizes especially how they could have included them on Monday or better yet, held onto the figures for any people who received defective figures.

If what Venture said is true that Fwoosh only gotten 3, then I do not see what if the problem since I don't see it as any different as a radio station given out a sold out ticket to a concert. I do wish that Mattel kept more for replacements

No, actually Fwoosh got way more than three, you're probably thinking of ActionFigurePics.com, which is sort of a sister site to Fwoosh. Judging by all the people who've posted there that they won, I'd guess Fwoosh themselves got somewhere between 50-100 Gleeks.

Leave it to Mattel to incite hostilities between fansites. AFI is bashing TNI. Some posters at Fwoosh are acting like snotty children towards TNI.

It is so good to see Mattel bringing out the best in people and cultivating harmony between fellow fans. :rolleyes:

Apparently I too am baffled on how an exclusive such as this brings hostality between forum members. Honestly, the whole gleek dilemma is the first time I have had people insult me to the point where I have to use the ignore feature.

at the register the lady told me they were out of the monkey, so i decided not to buy the set. at least they told me i guess, but i already knew that gleek came in a separate package.

Did you ask or did she just blurt it out randomly as you stepped up?.. That seems kind of odd @loll@

Ouch I don't know if I would want to wreck an exclusive anything, untill I got replacement... ANyways With THE GG starwars bustups I brought one of there book set exclusvies & the holo emp was missing hands, I just emailed to see if there was anything they could do & they sent me one for FREE, no questions!

im sorry but i think thats crap. its an exclusive, if you cant go or get soemone to help you then sorry to bad.

I agree but in part mostly because I have YOU! LOL :D :D

Admittedly i haven't read that whole topic. I usually don't even go in this particular forum. I did read the article JayC wrote however. It's crap and a poor decision.

I'm really disapointed Mattel Got Ghostbusters, because i probably won't grab a one from them. I'm mainly a 3 3/4 scale kinda of guy and what mattel offers in that scale is pathetic. It is easily beaten by corps or chap mei. They killed a good He-man line a few years ago, and the current stuff is too expensive.

Just more reasons to avoid them. If i have daughters I'm going to buy them Bratz dolls.