Get ready Wave 9 is on the way!

Dragon66

amazing stuff you got there JeffreyA very unique collection! You should start you're own post in the general section like me & JJ did to show off you're collection :) Check my sig to see what I'm talkinng about :D

• 1 month later...

Last week, a Target I regularly stalk loaded up MASSIVELY on Wave 6! I'd never seen so much of Wave 6 in one place in my life. I figured it's going to take them forever to get through that much of an old wave so that Target was going to be off of my rounds for a while. Yesterday, I went to another of my nearby Targets and they'd just laid out a fresh case of WAVE 4!!!!!

Target really screwed up and I feel sorry for them. They ordered too many, too late last year and they are stuck big time. It seems they even ordered the remaining stock as well. I don't see them getting rid of them anytime soon. They need to work on execution better, it just doesn't make any sense that around the nation all Targets are stuck with these figures.

Just got a email from bigbad saying this came in, woohoo. I would bet these hit their website for sale(not preorder) sometime next week.

What?!?! I got no such mail and I ordered on the first day the pre order was up!! :( This sucks! :(

Draven

Target really screwed up and I feel sorry for them. They ordered too many, too late last year and they are stuck big time. It seems they even ordered the remaining stock as well. I don't see them getting rid of them anytime soon. They need to work on execution better, it just doesn't make any sense that around the nation all Targets are stuck with these figures.

I really hope they learned from this but all too often the retailer's faulty math goes like this... "Hmmm...These figures aren't selling now. Let's not order any more of them." I don't think they ever get analytical enough to realize that everyone who would've bought these figures, has them already. The key is to order new figures when they're NEW!!!

Just got a email from bigbad saying this came in, woohoo. I would bet these hit their website for sale(not preorder) sometime next week.

What?!?! I got no such mail and I ordered on the first day the pre order was up!! sad.gif This sucks! sad.gif

Draven

I haven't been told anything either. Hopefully they will start shipping by Friday.

With how quickly Mattel ships out these figures back to back I don't know why there isn't more of a coordinated plan. TRU could take one wave, Target could take one, Walmart could take one. Not exclusives since online etailers can buy solid cases. That way there would be a constant flow of new product without any one retailer stick with a bunch of stuff that won't move.

And Mattel really needs to stop with the Best of Cases or at the very least start including DCSH figures like Cassie Batgirl, Two Face, Batman, Bane, black Catwoman etc. That way the cases wouldn't technically be a new wave but would have figures that for a lot of people are new in that they missed out on them years ago before DCUC brought them into the fold as fans.

What?!?! I got no such mail and I ordered on the first day the pre order was up!! sad.gif This sucks! sad.gif

Draven

I haven't been told anything either. Hopefully they will start shipping by Friday.

Thats crazy, did you guys check with their site rather than just waiting for the email?

i got mine today and those are the best wave yet. except for this yellow dude. he doesnt inspire me that much. deathshot is by far my favorite. he looks so great. followed by green arrow and black canary. i realy cant wait for zatanna after seeing what mattel did with black canary. awesome figs here.

I decided to email Big Bad Toy Store.

Their response to me was that they think that they will get shorted on this wave the same way they were shorted on wave 8. They also said that if I could find them elsewhere, I should, be it from another online retailer or at a store.

This kind of upsets me. What the hell is Mattel doing if they can't keep the online retailers stocked?

It make me wonder if Mattel has an ebay account or something along those lines.

Their response to me was that they think that they will get shorted on this wave the same way they were shorted on wave 8. They also said that if I could find them elsewhere, I should, be it from another online retailer or at a store.

This kind of upsets me. What the hell is Mattel doing if they can't keep the online retailers stocked?

this is something i dont get either. i mean if a shop orders 20 boxe's of dcuc wave 9, why in the heck didnt they get those 20boxe's? ok there is a possibility with the preorders and all, that they needed 22 boxes. mattel should be able to put 2 more on the wagon. is it so hard?

this is something i dont get either. i mean if a shop orders 20 boxe's of dcuc wave 9, why in the heck didnt they get those 20boxe's? ok there is a possibility with the preorders and all, that they needed 22 boxes. mattel should be able to put 2 more on the wagon. is it so hard?

Didn't Mattel just recently rely on BBTS when it came to deciding which 2 packs to make? Weren't they asking us to go to that site and place pre-orders so that they would know which packs release?

Why can't they distribute the product successfully?

Then again, I guess it did just ship recently. Here's hoping.

Yeah that pisses me off!! This is crazy! I pre ordered on day one and have not got a thing from them but others have (Card)?? If I don't get my figs BBTS will loose my business and I have used them for years and years and never had an issue but this is BS if I get shafted from a day 1 pre order.

Draven