SDCC is over, Here's everything we've shown you!

Dragon66

OK, I get we saw some really cool stuff at SDCC to get us excited over the course of the new year, but does that mean that Mattel and Hasbro have to release everything else that they have shown us to this point? DCUC Wave 8, the DCUC 2-packs, JLU 6-packs, Batman:Brave & the Bold deluxe sets, B:B&TH Action Force, Marvel Universe 3-packs, MU Secret Wars 2-packs, ML Nemesis actually showing up in the states, Iron Man Animated figures and vehicles, Superhero Squad playsets and vehicles, etc., not to mention if you buy Transformers, GI Joe, or Star Wars. All of this stuff I have seen in the past week at Traget, TRU, and Walmart. I was lucky enough to get the DCUC and ML stuff online a while back, but if I hadn't this week could have been one of those overkill weeks.

My point being, Just because SDCC is over does not mean that they have to release everything that they showed us at last year's SDCC that has not came out yet and everything they were showing us in New York this spring in the week after this year's SDCC. Trying to get all of our money based on the pure buzz generated by the Con is understandable, but space it out and Mattel and Hasbro will get more of our money instead of deciding to stop collecting lines because they are forcing us to pick and choose because of the overall volume being released at one time.

So for those here that always complain about never any product being released, make the trip to your local stores and enjoy.

Hasbro? they wont get a cent from me. They killed Indiana Jones and Marvel Legends, they put Transformers Universe on hiatus again, Star Wars is really scraping the bottom of the barrel, and i never cared for Joe.

Mattel on the other hand...MOTU, DCUC, AND GHOSTBUSTERS! $$$ yikes

Well, Both companies are getting plenty of my green with all of the product that has been released in the past week, now I hear there have been sightings of the ML 2-packs that are supposed to be late August and DCUC Wave 9 is going to be stateside in 3-4 weeks. While I like the Batman: Brave & the Bold Action League, I just cannot justify starting a new toy line right now with so much other stuff beiing thrown at us at one time.

...make the trip to your local stores and enjoy.

Enjoy what? A bunch of Captain Colds?

My local TRU, has gotten 4 cases of the DCUC 2-packs and three DCUC wave 8 cases in the past 7 days, not to mention all of the new Batman: Brave & the Bold figures & vehicles several times over. All of that on top of the MU 3-packs, Iron Man Animated figures and vehicles. That's just TRU, Target in the past week has gotten all of the B:B&TB toys as well as new JLU 6-packs, MU Secret Wars 2-packs, etc. I haven't been to any Walmarts, but I know that the ML Nemesis wave has been hitting in most areas. So there are a lot of action figures from DC and Marvel that have hit since SDCC ended last Sunday.

My local TRU, has gotten 4 cases of the DCUC 2-packs and three DCUC wave 8 cases in the past 7 days, not to mention all of the new Batman: Brave & the Bold figures & vehicles several times over. All of that on top of the MU 3-packs, Iron Man Animated figures and vehicles. That's just TRU, Target in the past week has gotten all of the B:B&TB toys as well as new JLU 6-packs, MU Secret Wars 2-packs, etc. I haven't been to any Walmarts, but I know that the ML Nemesis wave has been hitting in most areas. So there are a lot of action figures from DC and Marvel that have hit since SDCC ended last Sunday.

I haven't seen quite as much wave 8, but my area has also been flooded with just about everything you mentioned above. Plus a crapload of Toy Story figures I didn't even realize were coming out.

Tell me about it @hmmm@ .

Funny thing is I got in on one of the first deliveries on the Atom Smasher wave and had to chase the same captain cold (and Aquaman) that're clogging the shelves now. Bought them at Hastings for $16.00 each. Patients is not a virtue of mine.

The figs hibernating on the shelves in my neck of the woods right now are Cyborg with sound cannon and maskless Batman Beyond.

Another thing, does anyone know why suddenly Firestorm has been re-released (with C&C piece) and you can find the original only at Walmart and the modern only at Target.

Tell me about it @hmmm@ .

Funny thing is I got in on one of the first deliveries on the Atom Smasher wave and had to chase the same captain cold (and Aquaman) that're clogging the shelves now. Bought them at Hastings for $16.00 each. Patients is not a virtue of mine.

The figs hibernating on the shelves in my neck of the woods right now are Cyborg with sound cannon and maskless Batman Beyond.

Another thing, does anyone know why suddenly Firestorm has been re-released (with C&C piece) and you can find the original only at Walmart and the modern only at Target.

don't know, but wave 7 is making me sick. im tired of seeing wave 7, wonder woman, cyborg, and firestorm! walmart's worse with wave 6! mr.miracle, and dr.impossible. oh yeah, and the kaybee exclusives too...AHHHHHH!!!! (lol)

I think both Mattel and Hasbro are doing ok.

Both companies put out a lot of products that I don't care about.

Mattel did a nice job with the Superman/Batman Publis Enemies line up. THere's a lot of villains which DC Direct's Superman/Batman series ignore.

Hasbro is strong with their MU products and they are expanding MU with an Ironman, Ironman ANimated and Spiderman line. The MU Venom looks really cool. They are also making more ML 2 packs which should please the fans since they have the pick this time around.