G.I.Joe Rise Of Cobra Crimson Hydra & Dragonhawk XH1

The Wire

I just picked this up a little while ago and while I love a good helicopter, this could gave been a great one. For one it's really small and only hold one figure.

It's ok but could have been better. Will post pictures tomorrow ant tell me what you think

I just picked this up a little while ago and while I love a good helicopter, this could gave been a great one. For one it's really small and only hold one figure.

It's ok but could have been better. Will post pictures tomorrow ant tell me what you think

Is the Wild Bill head a little larger this time?

Two very underwhelming items here.

Is the Wild Bill head a little larger this time?

Looks like the same shrunken head to me? :(

They've not done a good WB yet for us. Just look at that hat even? #WTF# kinda cowboy hat is that?

AS you can see from the pictures above, This is the Dragon Hawk is a disappointment. Not only is Wild Bill is just a repaint but he is taller than the helicopter. I think I would have been ok if this would have a two seater, but alas, it is not. Oh I also took a comparasion photo of the Wildfire and the Dragon Hawk.

post-1357-1249103815_thumb.jpg

post-1357-1249103843_thumb.jpg

post-1357-1249103875_thumb.jpg

post-1357-1249103908_thumb.jpg

post-1357-1249103942_thumb.jpg

Wow. I don't have anything good to say about either of these. That red plane is a repaint of an older toy, right? Not 'the good ol' days' old, but like within the past 10 years - just looks really familiar to me. Far to clunky and how does it fly with such tiny wings? :)

And the helicopter? Ouch. Rotors just took poor Bill's head off. If they upped the size a little, I might be more forgiving, but that thing really just is nothing more than a FANG on steroids. But at least we now have a version of WB with the updated sigil, though, right?

I know, these are toys. And meant mainly for kids. It still hurts a little though remembering what we had back in the day. Let this be a lesson, toy companies - never discard your toy molds. You never know when they'll come in handy again!

Maybe THIS version of the Dragon Hawk is the version that Wild Bill had to quickly slap together (like MacGyver?) after he was shot down over Cobra Island in his regular Dragon hawk and this is the mini Gyro version?

Should just call it the Lizard Sparrow instead of the Dragon Hawk though and like Tony Starks 1st Iron Man suit to get out of captivity, this copter only flys 1200 yards and then crashes.

@haha@

The Crimson Hydra is a repaint of the Spytroops Sky Sweeper.

aeroviper.jpgCrimson_Hydra_02__scaled_600.jpg

The Dragonhawk would be cooler if larger. I wonder if it iwas just an attempt to save money. I mean, as far as I can tell, larger vehicles aren't selling.

Wild Bill is supposedly the "Resolute" version I think, but just another cheap repaint.

I'm guessing the Aero-Viper reuses parts but he's definately interestingly unique enough that that might not matter for once. That's what bugged me about a lot of the vehicles we have been seeing the last few years. Craptastic drivers. I pointed it out in another thread about how, back in RAH, the vehicles were considered accessories of the drivers.

Now it almost seems like the figures are just "bonuses". Back in RAH, I can only think of a handful of vehicle drivers that were reused in some way (Track-Viper to Nitro-Viper, Windcill repainted for the Blockbuster, Ace repainted for the Ghoststriker and Gears was a repaint of Barricade). Everyone else, while sometimes being frankensteined, were unique individuals.

Now we get Wild Bill with EVERY aircraft. Why not Updraft or, hell even Lift-Ticket here?

And, while I'm thinking about it, does the Dragonhawk have "play fieatures"? Spinning rotors, that sort of thing.

Looks like the same shrunken head to me? :(

They've not done a good WB yet for us. Just look at that hat even? #WTF# kinda cowboy hat is that?

Just a repaint? Well then that's disappointing.

It's not a cowboy hat, it's an air cav hat.

http://www.1cda.org/cavhat.htm @hmmm@

yeah..yeah, THAT'S what I meant! @smilepunch@

Still isn't a very good looking air cavalry hat though.