New G.I.Joe Rise Of Cobra Figure & Vehicle Images

The Wire

Charbroil: At first I thought he was just a repaint of Blowtorch. He doesn't look that bad but it IS disappointing that he doesn't look RAH. But that will be mitigated....if he has his own head.

Kamakura: Interesting. The body armor is a little weird. Problem I have is I never really liked the character too much. I guess he's alright.

Nano-Viper: Um...yeah. Sounds so...creative. This makes, what, 6 repaints already?

Night Adder: Interesting. Seems a tad bland, but the Junkyard repaint is cool. Too bad the movie filecards suck so bad, it would be really interesting to have a bio on him.

Red Fang Ninja: Interesting look but what's all that crap in the package with him? Looks like some kind of lame "disk shooter". Something to check out in person maybe.

Sky Sweeper Jet w/Air Raid: Air Raid looks good. I wonder if they willl try some kind of "Sky Patrol" thing with him. The Sky Sweeper looks tacky and overdone. How about a big ass cannon mounted on the top?

Snarler Cycle w/Beach Head and Rollbar: The vehicle looks cheap, like something out of Corps. Of course, that doesn't mean it can't be a fun toy. Rollbar looks great...too bad that's just Airborne. Beach Head isn't that impressive. Not because he doesn't "look RAH" (we already have several anyway) he's just boring here.

Nano-Viper is the only "naaah" in the bunch. The rest of the stuff pictured looks very nice.

I'm imagining all of the movie stuff..married in with all the classic looking characters from the 25th line and I think it adds some really nice NEW looking action figures. If the movie had used the classic appearances of the characters, I guess we'd just be getting more and more of the same ol' same ol' that the 25th was reproducing in the new articualtion style of the 25th line? So while I'm not particularly thrilled with the movie's direction and the LOOK, I'm thankful to it for giving us some pretty cool looking toys, to mix up and blend with the other stuff.

I've noticed I'm shying away from the figures with the painted on flesh faces though. :( I prefer the plastic flesh (like Sgt. Stone and Zartan) and painted on hair and eyes only look. Much cleaner, less puffy and funky lookin.

Nano-Viper is the only "naaah" in the bunch. The rest of the stuff pictured looks very nice.

I'm imagining all of the movie stuff..married in with all the classic looking characters from the 25th line and I think it adds some really nice NEW looking action figures. If the movie had used the classic appearances of the characters, I guess we'd just be getting more and more of the same ol' same ol' that the 25th was reproducing in the new articualtion style of the 25th line? So while I'm not particularly thrilled with the movie's direction and the LOOK, I'm thankful to it for giving us some pretty cool looking toys, to mix up and blend with the other stuff.

I've noticed I'm shying away from the figures with the painted on flesh faces though. :( I prefer the plastic flesh (like Sgt. Stone and Zartan) and painted on hair and eyes only look. Much cleaner, less puffy and funky lookin.

Y'know VH, I think I like the painted-on faces better actually; alot of times the plastic faces look just that...plastic. And sometimes they look almost opaque around the edges, like the HOH Flint. I guess it just depends on the figure; I could go either way really...

And I'm tickled-pink they're coming out with Kamakura. I LOVE the character. And Charbroil's interesting; he was always one of my favorites from '88. Also, I absolutely LOVE Night Adder too. That figure may become one of my new all-time favorite Cobras. He definitely has the potential to be a new classic character I think.

The only thing(s) I'm disappointed in is the inclusion of Beachhead and Airbor...er Rollbar (Wha...?) with that motorcycle. Bah!! I was so looking forward to getting that Beachhead mold in those cool colors in the new single-carded packaging. Same goes for Airborne. How disappointing to know they're passing him off as a different character just in new colors. They didn't even bother to change any of his gear to make him different; did they? Double-bah!! And I gotta buy that motorcycle to get them? @grumpy@

But I'm definitely excited about Kamakura and Night Adder. I must have them...NOW!! (lol)

Y'know VH, I think I like the painted-on faces better actually; alot of times the plastic faces look just that...plastic. And sometimes they look almost opaque around the edges, like the HOH Flint. I guess it just depends on the figure; I could go either way really...

Even with the 80's figures, the painted flesh faces looked goofy, sloppy and eventually scratched or came off, like noses on some of them.

I guess the ones that have painted flesh, look like those old figurines my sisters use to get and paint, or my old monster models and the flesh paints always made the faces look weird when compared to something left unpainted.

The painted flesh reminds me of painted models and figurines. ^_^

Just a personal preference, pet-peeve if you will.

Charbroil - Looks kinda cool, maybe a pass from me though.

Kamakura - Looks very cool. I'm gonna buy two and turn one into Sub-Zero.

Nano-Viper - What's he doing? Getting captured by the Ghostbusters?

Night Adder - Looks cool, I think he'll look better without the vest.

Red Fang Ninja - Cool looking.. iffy on the mask...

My favorite from these new figures is definitly Kamakura. :ph34r:

Even with the 80's figures, the painted flesh faces looked goofy, sloppy and eventually scratched or came off, like noses on some of them.

I guess the ones that have painted flesh, look like those old figurines my sisters use to get and paint, or my old monster models and the flesh paints always made the faces look weird when compared to something left unpainted.

The painted flesh reminds me of painted models and figurines. ^_^

Just a personal preference, pet-peeve if you will.

Now that you mention it, I do remember liking the plastic-molded faces on the vintage Joe figures better, but that was because the plastic was better back then. It seemed to allow for more detail I guess. Nowadays they use a softer plastic, therefore to me it looks better when the faces are painted on. Maybe that's the difference. Because I remember back when Kenner made Star Wars figures years ago, especially when it came to some of the Return of the Jedi figures, namely the Jedi Luke, they released one with a flesh-color molded head and one with the face painted on a hair-colored molded head. The painted-on one looked much better I thought than the other one. The flesh-color molded head just looked washed-out and pale, whereas the other one looked more detailed and more natural.

And which vintage Joe figures came with painted-on faces VH? I can't remember just now. I remember of course the Cobra soldiers and officers did, but I can't remember the others. But yeah, I liked the flesh-colored plastic for the heads for the old Joes, painted-on faces for the newer ones.

I kinda think I will skip all of these.

I might be tempted by Charbroil even though it doesn't look anything like him.. and Night Adder.. but the vest is way too big

Charbroil was always one of my favorites as well and I will get him. I do admit I like the Skysweeper. Too bad it could not have been made a wee bit bigger and added a second seat. Now, That would have been original.:)

Is Roll-Borne the exact same or is the head different?:)

More stuff I won't be buying.

Glad Hasbro is helping me save money this year, as last year I spent a TON of money on GI Joe.