SDCC Destro, still not sold out

CLAM

so since the 25th stuff started, both the 2007 SDCC Destro and the 2008 SDCC Cobra Commander were hot items.

I mean they both sold out at the show and sold out at HTS within minutes of going up.

However, look at the ROC Destro exclusive this year. It is still up for sale almost a full day later, with plenty available.

Why do you think this is?

The price point? The fact that it is a ROC item instead of RAH? Maybe they produced more???

I don't know. I think that they are cool figures really. I would have definitely preferred it to be a RAH item, or maybe even a mix of RAH/ROC, but I am happy to have a set on the way to me.

I would tell you why but I don't think you'd like my answer at all.

no please.. if you actually do have an answer.. please tell

I would tell you why but I don't think you'd like my answer at all.

no please.. if you actually do have an answer.. please tell

Ok it's because the figure set sucks beyond belief, primarily due to Hasbro's laziness in choosing a product to be exclusive. If they'd picked something better like a redux of an ultra rare figure from the past in the same realm as pimp daddy destro then the item would have sold out fairly quickly. The set is also too much they should have charged $15-20. I knew this years sdcc offerings were gonna be horsecrap ahead of time. With the amount of people pre-crapping on the movie it was obvious the movie related exclusives weren't going to be hot items. I did buy a 12" baroness though and of course the stormtrooper commander.

I don't know. I think that they are cool figures really. I would have definitely preferred it to be a RAH item, or maybe even a mix of RAH/ROC, but I am happy to have a set on the way to me.

Exactly, so I'm not going to worry about "why so many?" It's like when a cool figure is readily available at retail. Just because he's "not rare" doesn't decrease the coolness.

The alternative, I guess, is that no one who wanted one can get one and we all get crabby and start throwing personal insults at each other as in the case of a barely-significant blue superhero monkey sidekick that looks like a toy from a cerial box.

Because its a crappy exclusive..........I can see why people would want it, but I really had no want for it whatsoever once I saw pics of it. They are just ugly figures as well........I think the fact that its from the movie may have something to do with it. That and people still really don't know to much about the movie yet.

There could be a scene in the movie explaining the Destro family and heritage......that could make the appeal of this set go up after the movie is released.

But for me its just a crappy figure set......that really wouldn't fit it well with my collection. I'm not surprised that its still there.........and the Baroness.

If you're dealing primarily with 3 3/4 in. collectors, why make a 12 in. exclusive???? #WTF#

Why do you think this is?

The price point? The fact that it is a ROC item instead of RAH? Maybe they produced more???

All thee above?

Too damn expensive for a new ROC movie version Destro, and they likely over anticipated it's appeal and produced too many?

They seem to forget that these events are for OLD (already committed and invested) fans, and if trying to market them, they need to stick with the nostlagic or rare factor in pushing over priced items on them.

They're like scalpers (the fans) and they're not going to just BUY up anything and everything hopin' to get an item that's in high demand some day, they're a little more knowledgable and percise in what they go for or invest upfront in.

I think they just made more than they usuually do. With the movie about to come out and them have this on HTS it could be gone in a couple weeks.I do think the price might have a little to do with it, but I think the pverall "coolness" factor has nothing to do with it. Comparing it to past exclusives is also not fair. So would PDD still been a great figure if it had been mass produced and found on the pegs? I doubt it, it would have probably been heralded as the second coming of the garish painted neon Joes.

I think they just made more than they usuually do. With the movie about to come out and them have this on HTS it could be gone in a couple weeks.I do think the price might have a little to do with it, but I think the pverall "coolness" factor has nothing to do with it. Comparing it to past exclusives is also not fair. So would PDD still been a great figure if it had been mass produced and found on the pegs? I doubt it, it would have probably been heralded as the second coming of the garish painted neon Joes.

Exactly, these exclusives are meant for the fans.........people that know what's going on and its usually a reason to give fans of lines what they want....cutting out the middle man in a way. I still would have grabbed a PDD if he was released in stores just cause of the nostalgia factor........I could never have a RAH one but I easily got one 2 years ago. I don't think they made any more because it was a movie item. Parents going to HTS aren't going to care if its an exclusive or not......or kids.

As a RAH/25th/Modern fan I'm only picking up select movie figures.......I'm no way a completist when it comes to movie stuff. I made up my mind on that a while ago.

I just went to HTS just to see if I was right while I was typing this........it seems they upped production....or no one bought this thing at Comic-Con.....I put 3500 in my cart before it told me they were sold out. I think they only had like a 1000 CC's at this time last year......but I'm sure he sold a lot better than this set did.

I think its just a crappy exclusive.......

I think its just a crappy exclusive.......

yep! It doesn't mean anything.

The movie hasn't made a solid presentation yet and they're not only trying to push the new look of Destro in this set, but something "conceptual" along with it, by adding the Baron Von Rippem'off ancestor version? @haha@

Personally speaking I find it an underwhelming exclusive.

It happens.

You make an exclusive and hope the interest is there, if it isn't, you are stuck holding the bag. Ask FP about their JOE exclusives and what is left over.

Fans are tricky, they won't just buy whatever you put out, even though sometimes it is easy to think that way.

There should be a scene in the movie with Destro's ancestor, but frankly I don't think it will make any difference unless the movie is as big a hit as ROTF.

This is actually one of the best exclusives they have produced.

I'm not saying that with sarcasm.

I would much rather have an exclusive with limited demand then guys everyone would want. For example, botcon 07 included Classics Thrust, Dirge and Thundercracker.

i say price and think once movie comes out itll takeoff and sell out

To everyone saying there should be a scene with Destro's ancestor...

There is, it's the opening sequence.

Man, I love this exclusive. Destro has always been one of my favorites when I was a kid though. I dont see why you guys dont like it. It looks like they were done in all new parts and in a lot of detail with removable mask. They also come in a cool case like thing with a descriptive history. I don't see anything crappy about it. I amuse the criticism is coming mostly from non movie figure fans. I am not going to buy many from the movie line but this one is mine.

It is expensive though but I still bought it and expect it to go up in value after the movie.

Neither look much like Destro. Just a silver mask and that's it. The one looks too much like the Narnia figures I've seen at TRU on clearance and the other is a Christopher Eccleston action figure. ^_^

Just not feelin the Destro here.

To everyone saying there should be a scene with Destro's ancestor...

There is, it's the opening sequence.

He's right. I just saw a book at Barnes and Noble last night that had a ton of pics and info on the movie. There's a few with the Destro ancestor that look pretty cool. I almost bought that book.

I think the reason is this,

casual non joe fans dont mind spendin 10 or 11 bucks on a destro or CC when they were in the HTS SDCC line. But the same casual non joe fan is not going to buy the 27.00 destro set. Its just too much to throw down on something you just kinda want. Thats the bottom line i think,

Killa

Man, I love this exclusive. Destro has always been one of my favorites when I was a kid though. I dont see why you guys dont like it. It looks like they were done in all new parts and in a lot of detail with removable mask. They also come in a cool case like thing with a descriptive history. I don't see anything crappy about it. I amuse the criticism is coming mostly from non movie figure fans. I am not going to buy many from the movie line but this one is mine.

It is expensive though but I still bought it and expect it to go up in value after the movie.

Overall it isn't a "bad" exclusive, it just isn't a very interesting one to me personally.

I think the lackluster sales on HTS would back me up on the idea that most people aren't that interested either.

It may represent a small part of the movie (opening?) but in reality it won't be going up in price any time soon.